Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Navy Ships are obviously as unsafe as Cruise Ships

Thanks
    Thanked 7,907 Times in 4,283 Posts

Re: Navy Ships are obviously as unsafe as Cruise Ships

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    There is no individuals with shitty health conditions, or elderly on submarines or navy ships.
    I was diagnosed positive and i am 54. Not a biggie , fever around 102 for less than a day and was sooo cold.
    Next day just some body aches and a couple of coughs.
    My wifey got sick last night and this morning no fever already.
    I took 40 000 of vit D and 3 000 of liposomal C for the first and second days and lots of zinc ( 100 mg).

Doesn't look like life threatening to me, similar to common cold kinda.

Edit: 5 days incubation period

Gosh. This is suddenly the first post by "carpathian" since 2014...six years ago.

Tell us about how you are caring for your elderly relatives during this geezer medical crisis.

Survival of the fittest

A careful observer easily noticed the change in tone in how those in power address us: they are not just trying to project calm and confidence, they also regularly utter dire predictions – the pandemic is likely to take about two years to run its course and the virus will eventually infect 60-70 percent of the global population, with millions dead.

In short, their true message is that we’ll have to curtail the basic premise of our social ethics: the care for the old and weak. In Italy, for instance, it’s already been proposed that if the virus crisis gets worse, patients over 80 or those with other heavy diseases will be simply left to die.

One should note how accepting this logic of the “survival of the fittest” violates even the basic principle of military ethics which tells us that, after the battle, one should first take care of the heavily wounded even if the chance of saving them is minimal. (However, upon a closer look, this shouldn’t surprise us: hospitals are already doing the same thing with cancer patients).

To avoid a misunderstanding, I am an utter realist here – one should plan even medicaments to enable a painless death of the terminally ill, to spare them the unnecessary suffering. But our first priority should be nonetheless not to economize but to help unconditionally, irrespective of costs, those who need help, to enable their survival.

So I respectfully disagree with Italian philosopher Giorgio Agamben who sees in the ongoing crisis a sign that “our society no longer believes in anything but bare life. It is obvious that Italians are disposed to sacrifice practically everything — the normal conditions of life, social relationships, work, even friendships, affections, and religious and political convictions — to the danger of getting sick. Bare life — and the danger of losing it — is not something that unites people, but blinds and separates them.”

Things are much more ambiguous: it DOES also unite people – to maintain a corporeal distance is to show respect to others since I also may be a virus bearer. My sons avoid me now because they are afraid they will contaminate me (what is to them a passing illness can be deadly for me).
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (19th March 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,065 Times in 6,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Gosh. This is suddenly the first post by "carpathian" since 2014...six years ago.

Tell us about how you are caring for your elderly relatives during this geezer medical crisis.

Death is becoming acceptable on both ends, post birth babies 'aborted' and the old denied medical treatment just because they're burdensome. How far have we fallen.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (19th March 2020)

Silver
    Thanks

[SIZE=3]
    Gosh. This is suddenly the first post by "carpathian" since 2014...six years ago...
    Was busy. Kids, new house, lots of work. Now with 2 weeks minimum of quarantine i have a couple minutes here and there.

My parents are healthy and not in nursing home. They do follow my instructions and aware of the danger.
    I do not feel that i am old enough to be in the risk group
    Trau Keinem Fuchs Auf Gruener Heid Und Keinem Jud Bei Seinem Eid

Thanks
    Thanked 6,082 Times in 4,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Thanks for the report, good to know that you made it through. Like MR, I believe we'll all be exposed and infected soon enough, so for myself and my family, we're working on building up our immune systems so that when we catch it, we can get over it faster.
    Cooked up my first batch of Elderberry syrup for preventative. Needs honey for sure. Got the Oscillococcinum tabs in case any symptoms. Also have licorice root for head cold symptoms. Just need that .gov stimulus money to stack more silver.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks

My parents are healthy and not in nursing home. They do follow my instructions and aware of the danger.
    I do not feel that i am old enough to be in the risk group.

Your parents and other geezers ARE in the high-risk group and your minor symptoms can infect them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

carpathian (19th March 2020)

Silver
    Thanks

we understand that very clear. no visits, only phone and skype or duo
    Trau Keinem Fuchs Auf Gruener Heid Und Keinem Jud Bei Seinem Eid

Thanks

There is no individuals with shitty health conditions, or elderly on submarines or navy ships.
    2nd coronavirus case confirmed aboard US Navy warship despite ‘aggressive mitigation strategy’

Coronavirus cases have been confirmed on several other US Navy ships as well. The Department of Defense said on Wednesday that 49 service members, 14 military civilians, 19 dependents, and seven contractors have so far tested positive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,101 Posts

I wonder how many sailors were at this event 10 days ago ?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...virus-n1161496

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Down1 For This Useful Post:

carpathian (20th March 2020),midnight rambler (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,101 Posts

Navy Ships are obviously as unsafe as Cruise Ships with coronavirus.

One single case on a submarine or aircraft carrier and those crews will jump in the lifeboats.

Thoughts?

It begins.
    Coronavirus outbreak diverts Navy aircraft carrier to Guam, all 5,000 aboard to be tested
    The number of infected sailors has risen sharply — from initial reports of three to "dozens" as of Thursday, officials said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...5-000-n1169726

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Down1 For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (26th March 2020),midnight rambler (26th March 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,065 Times in 6,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down1 View Post
    Close the sale, show us a body count (as in dead bodies) of sailors.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

16. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (26th March 2020)