Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns- tell me what I need to get

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,602 Posts

Guns- tell me what I need to get

Okay, so I literally know nothing. Could people here just tell me what I need to get?
    Thanks

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: Guns- tell me what I need to get

Get a shotgun for home defense. Get a small 380 pistol for carry. Practice.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020),Awoke (21st March 2020),Hitch (20th March 2020),Jewboo (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

The Ruger LCP's are easy to conceal in a lot of ways and if they're easy to conceal and carry you'll probably carry it all the time. That's what you need to do. You need to be able to comfortably carry them so you always have it handy.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020),Jewboo (20th March 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

I suggest a Ruger LCR revolver in .38 special, then add a green laser sight. Alternatively I would suggest considering a 9mm Glock 19. Heavier and larger (it's classified as a compact pistol) but at least 15 rounds instead of 5. I have .380 as pocket guns but I like to have all the energy I can muster on tap.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020),cheka. (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post

Get a shotgun for home defense. Get a small 380 pistol for carry. Practice.

This one.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020),Tumbleweed (21st March 2020),woodman (21st March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

If you are buying now, you might want to match whatever caliber ammo you might be able to acquire.

Things are slim from what I have been reading/told. I have not observed myself.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

11. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    I suggest a Ruger LCR revolver in .38 special, then add a green laser sight. Alternatively I would suggest considering a 9mm Glock 19. Heavier and larger (it's classified as a compact pistol) but at least 15 rounds instead of 5. I have .380 as pocket guns but I like to have all the energy I can muster on tap.
    agree with revolver. simple for those that know nothing. everything else is dependent on spending time studying and practicing. you can always get more complex when/if you decide to study the stuff

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th March 2020),midnight rambler (21st March 2020),Tumbleweed (21st March 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    agree with revolver. simple for those that know nothing. everything else is dependent on spending time studying and practicing. you can always get more complex when/if you decide to study the stuff
    I agree with the Ruger LCR as well. I have 2, a 38+p and a .22 long rifle. I'd recommend not shooting +p out of it until your are comfortable with the recoil. All other .38 ammo should be fine.
    life is good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

Amanda (21st March 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

I agree with the Ruger LCR as well. I have 2, a 38+p and a .22 long rifle.
    I had a LCR in .22 but could not stand the horrendous trigger pull, it was the worst ever.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

17. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Amanda (21st March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Looks like the Ruger LCP II Jewboo suggests is an improvement over the older LCP's I have. A Bulldog cell phone case/holster for it would be a good combination because it's always with you and easy to get too. I've been in situations where I had a gun nearby but I couldn't get to it when I've wanted it. I've worn out two or three of the Bulldog holsters and no one ever notices I'm packing a gun like the guy in the video below says.

If you haven't already looked at this thread you may want to check it out. http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...around-Niggers

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st March 2020),midnight rambler (21st March 2020)