Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check: Who Gets It & How Much?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Stimulus Check: Who Gets It & How Much?

video runtime 3:47

Stimulus Check: Who Gets It & How Much? (UPDATE)
    •Mar 25, 2020
    Save
    Devin Carroll
    133K subscribers
    We finally have an updated stimulus bill that's been approved by the Senate, Congress and the White House. In this video I answer two questions: Who gets a check and how much will it be?

The text of the Bill can be found here (starts on page 144) https://www.scribd.com/document/45327...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

cheka. (25th March 2020),hoarder (26th March 2020),PatColo (25th March 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Re: Stimulus Check: Who Gets It & How Much?

i get the shaft....and the bill

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (26th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

I'll be using my $2,400 check for home improvements.

What will you guys use yours for?
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

We may as well call this what it is: I believe this will be the first of the proverbial Helicopter Cash that has haunted our fevered imaginations for so long. Actually this isn't the first Copter Cash (that was given to the Banks during the Liquidity Crises) but this will be the first going directly to the serfs. It will help to buy-off opposition to the trillions that will be given to the mega-corps., that is 'if' they do actually send out checks to the serfs.

We are witnessing something entirely new here. They say there is nothing new under the sun and that is true, but the method is a departure from the blatancy of the last blast (TARP). The effect will be the same; we serfs can expect more serfdom. It will be disguised as magnanimity but will be the opposite. In this manner the middle class will be removed entirely and it's wealth spread out among the poor so that social 'equality' will appear to be more universal than in the past.

So we get beat down. Then the abuser steps in and pretends a lending hand. This is some insidious shit.

Once you feed a feral animal, it loses it's will and eventually it's ability to hunt (provide) it's own food. It then becomes truly dependent (subservient).
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (26th March 2020),Dachsie (26th March 2020),midnight rambler (26th March 2020),monty (26th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

What I notice that is glaringly missing is any action to truly support the sovereignty of the USA. This has been going on at least since the Woodrow Wilson administration, the first president to use the term "new world order." We should be building factories and producting our own stuff and hiring all the people who lost their jobs. Provide every support to workers who will start PRODUCING in the USA, and make the USA less dependent on "free trade guys' games." We have every gift of the features of our land and waterways to be totally self supporting and self sufficient. Read Federalist Paper Number 10.

Tired of the oligarchs and globalists and "free traders" and all the people that have allowed their minds to become taken over.

Start taking care of our own and minding our own business.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (26th March 2020),hoarder (26th March 2020),monty (26th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

He says your check will be deposited into your bank account. That sucks.
    Social Security has been trying to get me to sign up for direct deposit or a Social Security credit card, neither of which I want. They still send a check every month. The credit card likely means banksters get their 2%, and direct deposit means you are married to your bank, as you can never disconnect direct deposits/withdrawals, from what I have heard. If I start that path, the Treasury will direct deposit from now on. So how will I get the $1200 if I don't marry my bank?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Expecting to pay it back next year since this is a future tax refund.

The lemmings will be screaming next spring.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

12. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (26th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    He says your check will be deposited into your bank account. That sucks.
    Social Security has been trying to get me to sign up for direct deposit or a Social Security credit card, neither of which I want. They still send a check every month. The credit card likely means banksters get their 2%, and direct deposit means you are married to your bank, as you can never disconnect direct deposits/withdrawals, from what I have heard. If I start that path, the Treasury will direct deposit from now on. So how will I get the $1200 if I don't marry my bank?
    Dummy account they can deposit into and then move out after deposit?
    Just leave a minimum to keep the account open.

Or if you will have to pay taxes next year, just leave it in the account and let them take it back out.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Actually this isn't the first Copter Cash (that was given to the Banks during the Liquidity Crises) but this will be the first going directly to the serfs.
    Not the first time us serfs got stimulus money. Don't you remember everyone getting a stimulus check courtesy of George W. Bush back in '08?

https://www.thebalance.com/stimulus-checks-3305750

2008 Stimulus Checks

The year before ARRA, the George W. Bush administration sent out stimulus checks to battle the 2008 recession. It spent $120 billion in fiscal years 2008 and 2009. It rebated taxes on the first $6,000 of income for individuals or the first $12,000 of income for couples. Stimulus checks were mailed out as follows:

Individual taxpayers received up to $600.
    Married couples were eligible for up to $1,200.
    Households with children received $300 per dependent child.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Dummy account they can deposit into and then move out after deposit?
    Just leave a minimum to keep the account open.

Or if you will have to pay taxes next year, just leave it in the account and let them take it back out.
    What I hear is that once you open a direct deposit/withdrawal account, it remains active even if you close the account. That would mean SS checks etc would still be deposited there, only I would not have access to it.
    I have never had such an account and I may be wrong, but this is what I've heard from several people.