View Poll Results: What will this new QE bring?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deflation

0 0%
  • Infaltion

9 69.23%
  • Stagflation

4 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deflation, Inflation or Stagfaltion?

Thanks

Deflation, Inflation or Stagfaltion?

Just curious what you pundits think will happen, post you reasons or just reply to the poll
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

Thanks

Re: Deflation, Inflation or Stagfaltion?

We had a severe drought and tomatoe prices topped out at $9.90 / kg, they then normalised to around $2.90 / kg, we've had plenty of rainfall since but prices are back to $9.90 / kg. Inflation seems to be beginning at the supermarket, but house prices are set to decline overall, unless wages increase ratiometrically to the increase in money supply, I think there will be at least a 20% haircut to property prices but essential items like groceries will increase in price, therefore I voted for inflation. But this is a tricky situation we're heading into...
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Other
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

I went with 'infaltion'; this novel word must be a description of early deflation and eventual hyper-inflation.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (27th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 2,604 Posts

I've been hearing first deflation, then hyperinflation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (27th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Inflation, central banks will make sure of it.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

monty (26th March 2020),Spun Gold (27th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

I went with inflation.

Off topic: What I find troubling about this is how willing the American people are to sacrifice their liberties for a few sheckles.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (27th March 2020),Spun Gold (27th March 2020),woodman (26th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Stagflationary depression.

Severe price inflation in food and necessities.
    Stocks and real estate prices will gradually decline despite FED monetization
    World demographics are deflationary
    Dollar will remain strong until foreigners have cleared their dollar-denominated debts and assets
    Foreign central banks will sell US treasury and dollar reserves and guy gold
    When the 10y and 30y yeilds start to rise and rise with the gold price the collapse of the US dollar has begun

I can't predict timing. No one saw this COVID-19 thingy coming and no one saw the market crash coming. I am positioning for dollar collapse now. I'd rather be early than a minute late.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

aeondaze (26th March 2020),Ares (27th March 2020),monty (26th March 2020),Spun Gold (27th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

When they lift state of emergency in mid May at the same time as the stimulus hits the wallets, expect extreme inflation. Everyone would like to spend whatever they have in cash but there will be little to buy. For those who would like to earn a lot of money this summer buy a bar now as it is very cheap. People will want to party this summer with the extra cash infusion. Sell it in end of August for 5 times what you bought it for...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post

Severe price inflation in food and necessities.
    This, but with ongoing hoarding, scarcity is now a given.
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (27th March 2020)