Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China recommends its people store 3-6 months of food

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: China recommends its people store 3-6 months of food

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    How big is a contract?
    I wouldn't suggest brokerage or Chicago board of trade. Find an Amish farmer. And bring your own bag.

In other food news seems all the meat packing plants going down Farmers are considering euthanizing hogs. $50 and a sharp knife might get you one.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (20th April 2020),midnight rambler (21st April 2020),Neuro (20th April 2020),Tumbleweed (20th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Bullish canned chicken!

Watch for a canned chicken futures contract on the COMEX.

We just entered the vortex with oil going negative. Russia and Saudi Arabia just watched their revenues go to zero. Thousands of towns and cities supported by oil just got shut off.

Watch the dollar temporarily skyrocket and then collapse.

Gold and silver will see price swings short term but both are going to skyrocket. I think this could happen in only days. But forget paper gold - COMEX and LBMA will declared force majeure. Physical gold and silver will skyrocket. Don't sell your metal now - there is no limit on the prices we will see.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    If you have to ask you can't afford it.
    I probably could, but storing and consuming a few thousand bushels of oat may prove more difficult...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (20th April 2020)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    No joke - the communist Chinese government has recommended to its people to go out and hoard 3-6 months of food. Why? Obviously they are seeing the cracks in the food chain start to split, and unless they get it under control, food will run out and people will starve. As to the rest of us, the longer our cities, states, and countries remain under lock down, the higher chance we have of this coming to us later this year. If you don't have it now, you better get at least 6 months of food, maybe a years worth.

https://talkmarkets.com/content/econ...=258435&page=2
    Shit. I used to have that.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

It might be a good idea to look locally, to what you've got around to feed yourself. And/Or, stock up like Franks says.

I broke the "shelter in place" and went fishing yesterday. My buddy and I ended up, filleted and all, around 20 lbs of fish, each. The biggest fish I caught (oh yeah). I ate a nice lingcod fillet tonight, with rice.

I could live a long time on rice and fish, but I'd trade the fish for a nice steak anytime.

I'll fish, you farm or raise cattle, and I hope we trade in the future.
    life is good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

madfranks (21st April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

If there was a food shortage, why would china tell people to hoard and buy up the remaining food which is available? It doesn't make sense. China would instead ration food and limit purchases, not encourage them.

This might not be about food shortages.

Its possible that everyone is getting on war footing.

In a war, China has a big problem with food because they have so many people and the US would cut food exports.

We've recently begun shifting rhetoric and blaming China's biolab for the coronavirus. Could get ugly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Down1 (21st April 2020)

Thanks

Its a food storage issue also. Lets say that China can store 6 months of food in public storages, but they have reached their maximum capacity. But they want more because of coronabased trade war 2.0. The purpose nowadays is not to protect your industry by preventing cheap imports. The purpose now is to prevent other countries from getting your vital supplies like food. 1.4 Billion chinese 20% of worlds population, buying 3-6 months supply of food, can you hear the sucking sound in the food silos of the West? China wants this food before the west has figured it out. And they need the extra storage of half a year of food in population pantry.

In Sweden lots of agricultural workers came from Eastern Europe in the spring and summer they can’t come now because of lockdown, unpicked food will rot on the fields. We got rid of emergency supplies over the last couple of decades. Because we had so good supply chains from other European agricultural regions. Not anymore.

Many will die!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

madfranks (21st April 2020),monty (21st April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,246 Posts

I think a nation of 1.5 billion people telling it's people to get a 6 month supply of food would definitely cause a food shortage.

Possibly an op aimed at moving Emperor Xi into retirement.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    China wants this food before the west has figured it out. And they need the extra storage of half a year of food in population pantry.
    Bingo! The Chinese don't give two craps if the west starves while they all have 6+ months of spare food handy.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (21st April 2020),Neuro (21st April 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Bingo! The Chinese don't give two craps if the west starves while they all have 6+ months of spare food handy.
    Exactly apart from that they know we cant handle starvation. This is an act of war from China. I suspect that they want to deteriorate the situation for the west with the lockdown and cracking infrastructure, with little to no preparedness!