Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Collapse...

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: Food Collapse...

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCannin View Post
    Every time we go to town we check out the shelves In Wally World. Most of the summer had about 85% full food shelves. The toys were about 40% full. the other day, the food shelves were almost fully stocked. The toys were completely stocked and they had whole rows completely closed off with boxes waiting to be unpacked.

If I did not know better, I would not think anything was about to happen!

How are the shelves in your area?
    Shelves full in my area. Some bare spots but nothing to mention.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

ImaCannin (23rd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I had an old German fellow owned the farm next to me. Good dude. Dead now. Told me the farmers used to store the corn in the silos with jugs at the bottom. The jugs were corked and the juices from the silage would force their way in slowly over the year or years and they would end up with a fermented liquor (wine?) they called 'corn squeezin's) inside the corked jugs. I always wanted to try that stuff out.
    They talk about the squeezins in the foxfire books.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    They talk about the squeezins in the foxfire books.
    IIRC those are books of Folk Lore, on how to live on the land and farm and homestead. A book well worth reading is called 'Possum Living'. I made a still from the author's descriptions. My gut can't handle moonshine anymore.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

The latest form Ice Age Farmer.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (3rd December 2021),woodman (3rd December 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

"A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

woodman (28th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Stopped at the local wally world yesterday.

While there I figured I would grab a couple frozen meal things for when I'm feeling a craving since the local grocer seemed they stopped selling them. I went down the frozen food aisle with my lil girl to the end. I asked her how could we have missed them? We went back down and there was NONE, not one single frozen meal.

One side was all vegetables and the other was all frozen pizza. The same pizzas were in a whole section of glass doors not stacked separately like normal, same with the veggies. The little signs above the doors all said "Meals" with 2 signs saying "Pizza" but that entire side was all pizza. We double checked the aisles next to that to be sure.

Not that this means there is a food collapse but sure was strange considering the local grocers stopped selling the same.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

woodman (10th January 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Stopped at the local wally world yesterday.

While there I figured I would grab a couple frozen meal things for when I'm feeling a craving since the local grocer seemed they stopped selling them. I went down the frozen food aisle with my lil girl to the end. I asked her how could we have missed them? We went back down and there was NONE, not one single frozen meal.

One side was all vegetables and the other was all frozen pizza. The same pizzas were in a whole section of glass doors not stacked separately like normal, same with the veggies. The little signs above the doors all said "Meals" with 2 signs saying "Pizza" but that entire side was all pizza. We double checked the aisles next to that to be sure.

Not that this means there is a food collapse but sure was strange considering the local grocers stopped selling the same.

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (10th January 2022)

Thanks

In four days, truckers will need to be jabbed to haul product to and from Canada.. more shortages coming.

To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th January 2022),Tumbleweed (12th January 2022)

Thanks

I think if the trucks stop long enough the goons will get hungry and back down.

In the past the truckers have failed to unite.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th January 2022),Tumbleweed (12th January 2022),woodman (11th January 2022)