Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: The CrowHouse is a CONTAINMENT FORUM

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Re: WARNING: The CrowHouse is a CONTAINMENT FORUM

Just throwing it out there, but if the site is hosted in certain countries, any "hate" speech deemed so by the "authorities" will get them shut down. Max is from NZ or Australia.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but if the site is hosted in certain countries, any "hate" speech deemed so by the "authorities" will get them shut down. Max is from NZ or Australia.

That may be true, but an honest man would give out a friendly reminder instead of going Bolshevik. "Hey, guys, since we are hosted in the People's Commonwealth of Australia, can you please avoid so-called 'hate speech'?"

See Liberalis' latest posts. He's part of the Problem:

https://thecrowhouse.community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=244

"All are welcome here but it is about integration and solidarity."

In other words: "We're all in this...together." The official thought leadership slogan of COVID-19™
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (21st May 2020),Tumbleweed (21st May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    I behaved. No overt "racism," no "Adolf," just semi-cryptic information about the World's Foremost Problem. Although, maybe, IIRC, I did say something about faggots.

Book being Book, he made a final shot at them with his "new" email address." Among his non-Kosher postings. LOL
    You going to give him has account back here?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Yes, we have seen this movie before. Hippie and his LITERAL sockpuppet are allowed to slander and snipe while accurate truthful posters are banned. Same as it ever was. Poor moderation would have banned BOTH sides, good moderation would let folks duke it out and only ban sockpuppets. But we see a careful, deliberate, and cowardly decision to ban only the truth tellers. We saw this with skykike way back in the day.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

Ares (21st May 2020),Jewboo (21st May 2020),madfranks (26th May 2020),midnight rambler (21st May 2020),monty (7th December 2021),Tumbleweed (21st May 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    I behaved. No overt "racism," no "Adolf," just semi-cryptic information about the World's Foremost Problem. Although, maybe, IIRC, I did say something about faggots.

Book being Book, he made a final shot at them with his "new" email address." Among his non-Kosher postings. LOL
    I figured it was Book with that email address, lol. Shami's right though, you guys really need your OWN forum. You and Book as moderators, open to the public to join, that way you ensure that free speech is protected.

We are so sensitive to "racism" as a culture now, that peoples minds just shut down and fingers start pointing. You can behave, use all the logic to prove a point, and still get called an evil racist. I got called a racist for simply reading a book. The book was about interviews from German soldiers during the d day invasion. A fantastic read, and even talking about what they believed at the time, some people thought I was a Nazi. No, it's a damn book I was reading. You'd really enjoy the book, btw. What German soldiers experience and believed, is not what is taught in our history books...

Point being, it was neat experiment to see if our forum could migrate into another forum, but I don't see it happening any different anywhere else.
    life is good.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

JDRock (21st May 2020),midnight rambler (21st May 2020),monty (21st May 2020),Tumbleweed (21st May 2020),woodman (21st May 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

that place is run by a particularly nasty strain of hate filled zealots

book posted a rather benign meme

fred posted informative historical info about same

how 'bout a warning rabbi? nope, straight to the boiling excrement.....after organ harvesting

lovely

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st May 2020),midnight rambler (21st May 2020),monty (21st May 2020),Tumbleweed (21st May 2020),woodman (21st May 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Shami's right though, you guys really need your OWN forum.
    You won't get banned from here:
    https://freespeechextremist.com/

If you join let me know and I'll follow you.

If you like the setup but still want your own control start your own Mastadon instance.

Traditional forums are a bad setup. The Mastadon is more superior and you can follow/talk to people outside of your network too. It's like being able to quote/talk to people outside of this BBS Forum with The Crowhouse and GIM2, but you can't get banned since this is your home base.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I figured it was Book with that email address, lol. Shami's right though, you guys really need your OWN forum. You and Book as moderators, open to the public to join, that way you ensure that free speech is protected.

We are so sensitive to "racism" as a culture now, that peoples minds just shut down and fingers start pointing. You can behave, use all the logic to prove a point, and still get called an evil racist. I got called a racist for simply reading a book. The book was about interviews from German soldiers during the d day invasion. A fantastic read, and even talking about what they believed at the time, some people thought I was a Nazi. No, it's a damn book I was reading. You'd really enjoy the book, btw. What German soldiers experience and believed, is not what is taught in our history books...

Point being, it was neat experiment to see if our forum could migrate into another forum, but I don't see it happening any different anywhere else.
    see my thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    that place is run by a particularly nasty strain of hate filled zealots

book posted a rather benign meme

fred posted informative historical info about same

how 'bout a warning rabbi? nope, straight to the boiling excrement.....after organ harvesting

lovely
    People are trained like dogs to come down hard on anyone who sniffs like a "Nazi".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

cheka. (22nd May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDRock View Post
    Yes, we have seen this movie before. Hippie and his LITERAL sockpuppet are allowed to slander and snipe while accurate truthful posters are banned. Same as it ever was. Poor moderation would have banned BOTH sides, good moderation would let folks duke it out and only ban sockpuppets. But we see a careful, deliberate, and cowardly decision to ban only the truth tellers. We saw this with skykike way back in the day.
    Cebu is sockpuppet.

edit to add cebu is not sockpuppet
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

JDRock (21st May 2020),midnight rambler (21st May 2020)