Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: try this on google

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: try this on google

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Exactly.

Computers use artificial intelligence to learn or understand or deal with new and trying situations which the programmer(s) of the AI algorithms did not specifically write into the program.

Combine AI with quantum computing and ya got a real problem.
    The Luddites start looking saner and saner. I haven't read the Unibomber's manifesto but I think he understood.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (12th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

sophisticated computer programming is still computer programming.

"Computers use artificial intelligence to learn or understand or deal with new and trying situations which the programmer(s) of the AI algorithms did not specifically write into the program"

but the program was designed to recognize "new and trying situations" (aka "problems") and by so recognizing the sophisticated level of computer programming produces and inserts new computer programming code into the original program.

A computer program is designed by humans , and as human being Zach Vorhees might opine, the program's purpose can be judged using human value judgements -- good, bad, inappropriate etc.

A computer program does not learn or understand or decide to deal with trying situations as a human being can and does, and a computer program is not a sentient being with independent thought and free will.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Suggest you research quantum computing.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    The Luddites start looking saner and saner. I haven't read the Unibomber's manifesto but I think he understood.
    Although I excelled in math and rudimentary computer programming in school, over 40 years ago the Spirit moved me not to get involved with computers and computer programming and now I'm proud to be a Luddite.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

woodman (12th July 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    sophisticated computer programming is still computer programming.

"Computers use artificial intelligence to learn or understand or deal with new and trying situations which the programmer(s) of the AI algorithms did not specifically write into the program"

but the program was designed to recognize "new and trying situations" (aka "problems") and by so recognizing the sophisticated level of computer programming produces and inserts new computer programming code into the original program.

A computer program is designed by humans , and as human being Zach Vorhees might opine, the program's purpose can be judged using human value judgements -- good, bad, inappropriate etc.

A computer program does not learn or understand or decide to deal with trying situations as a human being can and does, and a computer program is not a sentient being with independent thought and free will.
    I disagree. Reality itself is a computer program. God is and architect and creation is a program with established rules. The question really, is whether or not we are a derivative of another reality in which our program was written. It must certainly be so. This leads to the question of how many realities exist in which sub-prime realities have been written. Then one thinks: Hmmm.....there must be a primordial reality that existed before any other realities were coded.

So you see, we may exist inside a computer program that was written in another reality. That reality in turn, may be a program written within another reality. Like a hall of mirrors. Reality within reality. Perhaps what we know as existence is merely a computer simulation.

Any simulation, be it sophisticated enough, would be impossible to tell apart from reality. It is reality.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (15th April 2023),midnight rambler (12th July 2020)

Thanks

I disagree. Reality itself is a computer program. God is and architect and creation is a program with established rules. The question really, is whether or not we are a derivative of another reality in which our program was written. It must certainly be so. This leads to the question of how many realities exist in which sub-prime realities have been written. Then one thinks: Hmmm.....there must be a primordial reality that existed before any other realities were coded.

So you see, we may exist inside a computer program that was written in another reality. That reality in turn, may be a program written within another reality. Like a hall of mirrors. Reality within reality. Perhaps what we know as existence is merely a computer simulation.

Any simulation, be it sophisticated enough, would be impossible to tell apart from reality. It is reality.

Well your understanding of "reality" explains a lot and certainly tells me what your worldview is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

woodman (12th July 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    Well your understanding of "reality" explains a lot and certainly tells me what your worldview is.
    I have a rudimentary understanding of reality and I believe I have this in common with most people. I do think that most of us are missing out on reality because we are stuck experiencing it through a veil of remembered experience that gets in our way of ‘being here now’.

what do you think? Do you not believe that God is an architect and created our reality?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (15th April 2023)

Thanks

We're definitely in a sim. The challenge is that we must wrest the Keys to the Kingdom from the wicked who now wield those Keys and who've convinced the masses that we're helpless. We've allowed them into that position by default.

This nonsense held by many of "I don't need to do ANYTHING (IOW I'm gonna stand down) because I'm *saved* and Geezus is gonna beam me up! So bring on the apocalypse!" (I've met brain dead Christian Zionists like this) God has no hands but ours.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

woodman (12th July 2020)

Thanks

I have a rudimentary understanding of reality and I believe I have this in common with most people. I do think that most of us are missing out on reality because we are stuck experiencing it through a veil of remembered experience that gets in our way of ‘being here now’.

what do you think? Do you not believe that God is an architect and created our reality?
    I believe in God and therefore I believe in a moral universe. God gave we humans capabilities to seek and find truth and then to do something God-honoring with that truth.

Seek the grace of Godly discernment and avoid wrong and dangerous ideas and ways of thinking.

The epistle of Saint James, chapter 4, verse 8

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners: and purify your hearts, ye double minded."

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

I believe in God and a moral universe as well.

I also believe humanity is confused right now, not sure which way to go. We are not in a sim. It's important to remind yourself you are in a reality. Demons confuse men. Men these days lack testosterone (which is evil by the media), but testosterone helps keep a man's focus, and faith in God. Weak men fall to the agenda, and are easily influenced by the media. The media is lead by demons.

Now is the time to let God know you love him. Be strong.
    life is good.