Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy Was Right

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

McCarthy Was Right

...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQu9m6b9PE...

7:01 video runtime

TRANSCRIPT

...https://www.churchmilitant.com/video...rthy-was-right...

I was talking with a priest friend the other night, and the discussion came up about various Vortex topics. He offered — correctly — that there are so many insane things going on in the Church, which then spill over into the culture, that there's no shortage of things to talk about. That's true.

While all of that can have the effect of depressing people because it just seems overwhelming, allow us to suggest another approach. This could be called the "Age of the Great Enlightenment," as opposed to the phony, prior "Age of Enlightenment." That Enlightenment, in short, was based on the false premise that religion was no longer needed and man was self-sufficient.

Entire philosophical schools arose around that foundational approach. In truth, there was nothing "enlightening" about it. In fact, like all things of the diabolical, it said one thing, but the reality was exactly the opposite. No, this current "Enlightenment" is something very different — 180 degrees different. Far from ignoring reality, this one is revealing reality — the depth of the corruption in the Church and the world.

It's like a doctor opening up a patient complaining of some mild symptoms, only to find a huge, cancerous tumor strangling every organ. It's a horrible thing to look at, but if the patient's life is going to be saved, there is no choice but to stare headlong at the tumor and come to grips with what needs to be done.

Now granted, not everyone has the stomach to handle blood and gore. That's fine — we're all different. And looking at the massive diabolical tumor spreading throughout the Church and culture can be extremely off-putting.
    It turns out, as revealed in those declassified KGB files, that a project called the 'Venona Project' proved what McCarthy had been saying all along.
    Tweet

But like it or not, this tumor must be looked at and understood, grasped, talked about, made known and attacked. Closing your eyes to the lies, corruption, abuse, theft, malfeasance, cowardice and so forth will not make it go away. In fact, it will only increase all that.

This is what President Trump has run headlong into in his attempt to "drain the swamp." The swamp is a lot wider and deeper than even he realized — just like the "swamp" in the Church. But the Church swamp is deeper and darker than almost anyone wants to face.

But, what's the alternative? To do nothing? To shoot the messenger? To behave as though all the information being surfaced is not real? We, as Catholics, have to own up to the reality that the Church and the culture have been infected with sweet poison and that poison is killing souls and civilization. That is the very top of the mountain — the big picture, the 60,000-foot view!

All the rest is merely detail, footnotes and fine distinctions. Back in the 1950s, a Catholic U.S. senator from Wisconsin, Joe McCarthy, deeply suspicious that Communist spies from the Soviet Union had penetrated various levels of the U.S. government, began a campaign to identify them. It was dubbed "the Red Scare" and resulted in congressional hearings, loads of testimony, etc.

Educational elites as well as Hollywood producers, directors and studio giants were among those labeled as "commies." He accused the Democrats of 20 years of treason and said he had a list of over 200 names of people serving in the government who were Communist plants.

It was (eventually) the liberal media that began the derailing of McCarthy, specifically the famed CBS prima donna Edward R. Murrow, who, in 1954, began a series of reports hammering McCarthy. Back then, the media was actually trusted. Fast forward 35 years to the collapse of the old Soviet Union and the exposing of the KGB files. (The KGB was the secret police and spy agency of the former communist nation.)

It turns out, as revealed in those files, that a project called the "Venona Project" proved what McCarthy had been saying all along. The only thing he got wrong was the number of spies and subversives. He had undercounted them. There were far more than he had known about.

So look around today and ask yourself, "The educational elites, Hollywood, a large percentage of political leaders — are these people Marxists? Have they infected the institutions as part of a master strategy to destroy Western civilization?"

The answer is obvious, but the proposition is incomplete. It's not just academia, Hollywood and Congress, but also the law schools, along with the courts and most especially, the media — and most importantly, the Church. McCarthy was right; he just didn't go far enough.
    The only time the bishops (collectively) even give a nod to the faithful is when the annual fundraising campaign kicks in.
    Tweet

A major aim of the Marxist subversion was not necessarily to co-opt the Church (although in many ways that has happened) but, at a minimum, just to neutralize it — take it out of the game. Mission accomplished.

Through a succession of unfaithful men — many sexually active homosexuals, or at least sympathetic and silent — the Church has become irrelevant in any modern-day calculus for the culture at large. The U.S. hierarchy is little else than a bunch of feckless, money-grabbing men either unaware of their own cowardice or complicit in the cultural destruction.

What's left of the Church in the United States is little else than a small band — maybe a few million scattered about the country — who still live trying to be faithful to the Church's teachings, with all the sacrifice that entails. They have been abandoned by their spiritual fathers, just as children have been abandoned by their biological fathers.

The only time the bishops (collectively) even give a nod to the faithful is when the annual fundraising campaign kicks in. They are exploited and de-formed and left to fend for themselves otherwise. They are exposed to the vilest of men (many in collars or miters) preaching spiritual poison wrapped up in nice-sounding platitudes like "We have a reasonable hope all men are saved," or "God would never throw a soul into Hell," or "God understands" — which is meant to convey, without actually saying it, not that God doesn't understand your weakness or sin (which, of course, He does) but that He actually approves of it.

So back to the opening point: Why is it bad to understand that this is the lay of the land — that this is the tumor infecting the body and leading it to death? Yes, it's horrible. It's awful. It's frightening. It's scary. And ... so what? That's what evil is — all of the above and more.

McCarthy was right. But more importantly, Our Blessed Lord was right.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

MAGNES (9th July 2020),monty (10th July 2020),Tumbleweed (16th July 2020),woodman (9th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: McCarthy Was Right

Mike King / tomatobubble gives the forbidden alt view of "Saint Joseph of Wisconsin" McCarthy
    https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Joseph-.../dp/1726043606
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (9th July 2020),MAGNES (9th July 2020),midnight rambler (9th July 2020),Tumbleweed (16th July 2020),woodman (9th July 2020)

Thanks

I will always hold Tailgunner Joe in high esteem. He spoke out against Communism.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

MAGNES (9th July 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

McCarthy was indeed right. He was demonized in grade school. Mid sixties. This merely shows the depth of the rot.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (9th July 2020),MAGNES (9th July 2020),monty (10th July 2020),Tumbleweed (16th July 2020)

Thanks

Considering everyone that is happening now, info like this is spot on,
    the commies have multiplied, they got him, then they got us all ...

This is an important thread, it should be in GD, for all to see,
    we have a lot of readers/lurkers, not posters, probably lots of
    bots too. Fits with a lot of my threads especially the NeoCons Scum.
    They been hiding and low level for decades then BAM ...
    " crazies in the basement " Bush Sr Admin of all people , LOL.

Look at the "godfather" of the NeoConArtists, WILLIAM KRISTOL,
    his father IRVING was a commie along with others with their own
    magazines, who was financing them, CIA, no joke, and the FBI
    had them on watch lists as subversives.

Podhoretz were father and son duo going back too.
    Podhoretz Sr was in the Bush JR WH everyday on the logs.

I can name the main neoconservative scumbags to this day,
    and what they did , like Feith, all commies, may be related to
    Jabotinsky , father was Secretary to him, was
    a commie creating USSR and Israel and Turkey, believe it or
    not look it up, what do they all have in common, murder of
    host peoples.

JEWGLE is going to scrub all this history, they already did for most of it.

Many of them hate Trump cause he was elected antiwar but has not done much to deliver.
    Norman Podhoretz, the last remaining 'anti-anti Trump' neoconservative | The Times of Israel
    LARGE SARGE LEFT. Dogman4Socks, regarding Hoarder and LargeSarge accounts. " Edit: Bet it was no accident, maybe a point being made ?" " and for the one that did it , kudos for doing it. tho ye will remain unnamed... do not doubt this was an accident. "
    "This is a cult forum, that restricts open freedom and open opinions to be posted" "I've said before, if I get a chance to meet MAGNES in person, I'd be happy to knock his lights out" Mr 6 Sock Puppet Jew Troll
    LINK > bit.ly/NnMbmG

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

You might want to review the events of June 1948. Congress laid some bills on Truman to sign and went on a 6 month break. Truman didn't sign the bills until Congress had adjourned. He has no legislative authority to do so when Congress is not in session. Then he proceeded to call them back in emergency session as if to rub their noses in his unconstitutional action. They ignored the breach and here we are today.

The bills had to do with establishing federal zones where states had existed and creating title 18 in the US Code (federal crimes).

This all happened while tailgunner Joe was a senator. Politics is nothing but a show...much like CORONAVIRUS.

Thanks

What does your comment have to do with communist infiltration?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (10th July 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    What does your comment have to do with communist infiltration?
    Everything!!!

Did I gore your favorite ox?

The further you go into history the better your context. Joe became a senator in 1947.

Thanks

I never know what your comments mean -- at all. This one seemed so obscure, I inquired. You answered with a non-answer.

Calling Senator McCarthy my "favorite ox" is the old tired straw man fallacy.

I do not have "favorites" and uphold facts and logic and truth from a Christian perspective wherever I may find them.

I am commanded to pray for my enemies, living and dead enemies, and to seek and uphold truth and the One Who is Truth.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

PatColo (10th July 2020),ziero0 (10th July 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    I never know what your comments mean -- at all. This one seemed so obscure, I inquired. You answered with a non-answer.

Calling Senator McCarthy my "favorite ox" is the old tired straw man fallacy.

I do not have "favorites" and uphold facts and logic and truth from a Christian perspective wherever I may find them.

I am commanded to pray for my enemies, living and dead enemies, and to seek and uphold truth and the One Who is Truth.
    Observations. To gauge truth kindly do your own due diligence. Truth is not absolute. It is relative and what it is relative to is called context. Truth frequently flips polarity and becomes lies when context is considered. The truth hasn't changed though just your perception of a PARTICULAR truth

Take for example your possession of a fine bottle of 14 year old Scotch whiskey. When you take it to a Women's Temperance meeting and ask them to judge it's quality the truth becomes secondary to the context.