Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: All time high on gold!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: All time high on gold!

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    A million WHAT?

I heard of a guy several years back who purchased a herd of 50 bred pigs and a pair of male deer. That way he could look the banker in the eye and say "I'm worth 50 sows and bucks."
    I told everyone to buy Bitcoin at $4 in 2011 on this forum. Most people here laughed at me. It's at approximately $12,000 today.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th August 2020),Ares (6th August 2020),RatHoler (6th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Many of the scaling solutions will fail, but I think if some pull it off they will moon. OMG Network was proposed as one but seems dead in the water currently.

If nothing works we can swap to Cardano, or something random like Elrond.
    Agreed, I've been following Waves for a while now. Since before they implemented the NG protocol. At current scale they are able to process over 6,000 transactions a minute, or about 10,000,000 transactions a day. Their stable coin so far has been well received. I am not currently staking any USDN at the moment but does have a pretty decent annual return of 13.75%. I am staking Waves as I'm working to acquire more of the underlying token for some of these other projects they are building.

Its definitely one of the more overlooked projects considering some of the partnerships they have. Microsoft, Deloitte, and Moscow stock Exchange to name a couple of the larger names. They've also recently partnered with Band protocol.

I'm definitely impressed with the strides they've made recently.

Ethereum has been struggling for years to overcome their scalability issues. I do hope they solve it as I do have some ETH that I'd rather not see go to waste.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (6th August 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

I told everyone to buy Bitcoin at $4 in 2011 on this forum. Most people here laughed at me. It's at approximately $12,000 today.
    You know the same thing happened to me. I picked up a tape measure in 2008 that measures in parsecs and light years. Ever since then most things real fit between the smallest marks on my new tape measure!!!

Who needs money after all when you can only measure in Universes?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (6th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Many of us are kicking ourselves for that. Someone that used to be on gsus was telling us to buy at $40 too. I think that person is worth millions now and is too busy to be on a forum like this.

Shami, you must be worth a few million dollars now too, since getting in at $4. Have you hit the 100 million mark yet? Did you buy a luxury home with a Ferrari in the garage yet? A measly 400 dollar investment at $4 a bitcoin is now worth 1.2 million dollars.

Recently, bitcoin went from about $6,000 to $12,000, while silver went from $14.50 to $29.00...so both have been doing well.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

I was one of those who thought it would go nowhere. I don't remember laughing at you though. If I had taken your advice I would be very rich now. Did you take your advice? I did read some articles about people that got burned badly by it when it crashed. It seemed they ended up owing the IRS enormous sums even though they had lost it all the next tax cycle when it crashed. The IRS is a fair weather friend it would seem; they are there with their hand out when you make money but when you loose during a seceding year, they are like a hooker who already has your wallet.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,602 Posts

Wow, good for you!! I wasn't here in 2011, but I sure wish someone told me about bitcoin back then. I don't know anything about the cryptos, I've just been sticking with gold and silver.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Wow, good for you!! I wasn't here in 2011, but I sure wish someone told me about bitcoin back then. I don't know anything about the cryptos, I've just been sticking with gold and silver.
    This is after all a gold/silver forum and most of us here have a visceral hatred of fiat. Bitcoin smacked of fiat to me then and still does. All it is, is electronic impulses and as we know, it can certainly be hacked. Do I trust it? No. Is it worth a lot of Gold and silver right now? Yes. Can it crash faster than gold and silver? Probably, and can you hold it and use it and shape it and fashion it into beautiful things? No. It would seem it does have a couple of positives about it though. They say it is finite, although how would you know unless you are a tech-god, that it is being held true to it's bounds? At this time, it seems you can use it for purchases and not be traced. So both of these are huge positives.

Back on topic; how soon do we hit $3000 Gold? Then again, how soon do we hit $1200 gold? I just keep hoping these bastards who are pumpin' and dumpin' and manipulating short, get caught and spanked severely. One can only hope.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (6th August 2020),monty (6th August 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

I am another one who wished I listened to you. I didn't laugh either, but man you were right. Recently, a few months back during the height of this market drop from covid, a coworker and I were talking about investments. He was going to buy 2 bitcoin when it went down to $4000 abouts, and it did. I was going to buy into a little shelf stable food company that pays big dividends. My investment in the food company doubled. His would have tripled now, in just a few months. Unfortunately he didn't buy 2 bitcoin, family issues came up and he lost the window of opportunity.

I keep thinking that .govs are going to find a way to crush cryptocurrencies, which is why I still think they are risky. I'm getting older though, and am getting to the point where taking chances isn't of interest. Etherium sounds pretty good though.

We appreciate your contributions to the forum.
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Many of us are kicking ourselves for that. Someone that used to be on gsus was telling us to buy at $40 too. I think that person is worth millions now and is too busy to be on a forum like this.

Shami, you must be worth a few million dollars now too, since getting in at $4. Have you hit the 100 million mark yet? Did you buy a luxury home with a Ferrari in the garage yet? A measly 400 dollar investment at $4 a bitcoin is now worth 1.2 million dollars.

Recently, bitcoin went from about $6,000 to $12,000, while silver went from $14.50 to $29.00...so both have been doing well.
    I told this story before: I had most of my crypto stolen in 2011. I got emotional and freaked and sold everything, buckling to the peer pressure because of emotions. I didn't look at crypto for a few years after.

Then I bought back in and lost half in the BTC-e raid by the Feds.

I've been through a ton of loss. I'm technically lower middle class now but if Bitcoin goes on a similar bull run I can retire a multi-millionaire this time. I'm fully ready this time not to fuck it up.

The best strategy is to simply cost-dollar-average and buy/hold till you have something you're ready to buy. I have an exit strategy and 100% ready if there's one more bull run.
    It's a miracle I didn't off myself over losing almost everything. It haunts me every day and most people I tell this to laugh at me like and don't believe I bought in at $4 and am still not "rich". I have less money than most on this forum. Something like this happened to a major crypto YouTuber (That Martini Guy) and he had to start over and is a millionaire again, so it's possible to recover, much wiser. It made me a lot smarter and more careful.

The truth is many people from back in sold and then felt guilty buying in at lower prices. I won't make the same mistake again.
    Any Bitcoin below $50,000 is worth buying in my opinion. Dollar-cost-average. Don't get emotional.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    This is after all a gold/silver forum and most of us here have a visceral hatred of fiat. Bitcoin smacked of fiat to me then and still does. All it is, is electronic impulses and as we know, it can certainly be hacked. Do I trust it? No. Is it worth a lot of Gold and silver right now? Yes. Can it crash faster than gold and silver? Probably, and can you hold it and use it and shape it and fashion it into beautiful things? No. It would seem it does have a couple of positives about it though. They say it is finite, although how would you know unless you are a tech-god, that it is being held true to it's bounds? At this time, it seems you can use it for purchases and not be traced. So both of these are huge positives.

Back on topic; how soon do we hit $3000 Gold? Then again, how soon do we hit $1200 gold? I just keep hoping these bastards who are pumpin' and dumpin' and manipulating short, get caught and spanked severely. One can only hope.
    yes, I don't really know anything about the cryptos, and they just made me suspicious. Ron Paul actually says bitcoin is in a bubble. I feel safer with the metals.