Thread: the "CA Fires 2020" thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

the "CA Fires 2020" thread

As I sit here in Sac, outside is a surrealistic smoke from horizon to horizon situation, can smell it, eyes mildly irritated, the whole shit show. Ran an errand in my car this AM - greeted my car to find it with a light coating of ASH. Logged into my credit union acct yest, greeted by a notice that several bay area / sac branches are closed due to poor air... if it's THAT bad, the branch and/or its employees/homes may have an actual FIRE threat which they need to stay attuned to.

Late Sun night, like 12-1a, I was just trying to settle in for bed, & there was a RAINLESS lightning/thunder storm -- this is attributed as being the cause for all the fires. Never experienced anything like it.

It's also on the heels of an "unprecedented heat wave" in Nor Cal (& So Cal?); in Sac, 100-113 the daily highs for past couple weeks. 99 high expected in Sac today, I think the first <100 day in ~2 weeks?
    https://darksky.net/forecast/38.5787,-121.4668/us12/en

So looks like dajooz are going to be treating CA to yet another late Summer/Fall Agenda 21/30 engineered fire season!

California Fire Map & Tracker
    Updated: Aug. 20, 2020 11:19 a.m.
    An interactive map of wildfires burning across the Bay Area and California.

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Re: the "CA Fires 2020" thread

Yesterday morning in central Nevada the air was smoky with decreased visibility and the smell of the smoke from California’s fires
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

PatColo (21st August 2020)

Thanks

Re: the "CA Fires 2020" thread

California wildfires spawn first ‘gigafire’ in modern history

August complex fire expanded beyond 1m acres, elevating it from a mere ‘megafire’ to a new classification: ‘gigafire’

Oliver Milman and Vivian Ho
    Tue 6 Oct 2020 12.11 EDTLast modified on Tue 6 Oct 2020 17.05 EDT

At 1.03m acres, the fire is larger than the state of Rhode Island and is raging across seven counties, according to fire agency Cal Fire. Photograph: Noah Berger/AP