Thread: A 16-year-old’s letter to Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò – and his reply

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

A 16-year-old’s letter to Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò – and his reply

https://www.cfnews.org.uk/a-16-year-olds-letter-to-archbishop-carlo-maria-vigano-and-his-reply/

Marco Tosatti writes —Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò sent us a short and touching letter from a sixteen-year-old boy who lives in Italy, in the province of Milan. The letter, of which we have seen a photograph, is handwritten. Below is the text, and its answer. Enjoy the reading.

July 2020

Most Reverend Excellency,

My name is M. I live in the province and diocese of Milan, I was born in 2004.

I am honored to make your acquaintance, even if through correspondence. I am writing this letter first of all to congratulate you and encourage you to continue “making your voice heard” (in this period the only one “out of the chorus”) to make people understand the true Catholic spirit, with its integral doctrine.

Perhaps you, dear Monsignor, will be surprised that a young man of my age, born in the middle of the post-conciliar period, has at heart the two-millennial tradition of Holy Mother Church. In reality it is precisely young people who should love and rediscover the tradition and the Holy Mass in Tridentine, especially after the Motu Proprio of Benedict XVI but the reality is another, many say that too young people do not understand these things, it is not true …!

I got there … the truth is this: they simply have other interests and everyone lacks a healthy fear of God.

As she said, the third secret of Fatima has been covered up but Our Lady has promised that in the end Her Immaculate Heart will triumph!

I, as I have already told you, was born in the post-conciliar era when Wojtyla was ill for some time and was at the end of his days. Then there was Benedict XVI and finally Bergoglio who upset what little Catholicism that survived the council. No one has ever done so much damage as Bergoglio …

We await the triumph of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary certain that if all this happens and God does not intervene it is because he derives from it a greater good that is incomprehensible to us. But in the meantime, what can we do in our small way?

I greet you dearly and thank you for your reply right now.

I humbly ask you to give me your episcopal blessing and to pray for me.

Praised be Jesus Christ!

signed M.

30 July 2020

Dearest M.,

I received your letter, which really impressed me. It reveals a strong personality and even more a clarity of ideas that many adults, and among them many clerics and prelates, do not have.

You have grasped the heart of the problem with a few strokes: the crisis that troubles the Church today is due to having forgotten the holy Fear of God, which, as the Psalmist teaches, constitutes the first step of wisdom. Initium sapientiae timor Domini. It is a verse from Psalm 110 that until the Council we heard echoing in our churches on Sundays, to the song of the Vespers.

The holy Fear of God, as you certainly know, is one of the Seven Gifts of the Paraclete, thanks to which the faithful live and act constantly considering themselves under the gaze of the Lord and try to please Him more than the world, as a child who wants to correspond to the love of the Father, rather than that of the subject who does not want to be caught breaking the law. It is the awareness of the supreme greatness of the Almighty, of His authority, of His infinite Majesty: and of our littleness, of our duty to kneel before Him, of the obedience we owe Him.

Whoever has the fear of God in Him alone wants to please, and does not think of changing doctrine or morals to please men, or to wink at error: he does not dare to tamper with the Liturgy of the Church, canceling what divine Majesty recalls in it. of the Lord of hosts, but rather he guards it with veneration because on the altar the Holy Sacrifice which on the Cross merited redemption is repeated in a bloodless form. Whoever has the fear of God trembles at the thought of the scandal that he can cause to the souls entrusted to him, and for whose love Our Lord has shed His Blood. Whoever has the fear of God is horrified at the idea of ​​being able to offend him by placing the gods of the people beside him, in the name of dialogue.

And what you say is true: if all this happens and God does not intervene, it is because he derives from it a greater good that is incomprehensible to us . In reality it seems that the Lord is abandoning us to ourselves, but just at the moment when error seems to overwhelm the truth, when it seems that all is lost and that the Shepherds have fled, abandoning the flock to the mercy of the ravenous wolves, when he asked them are deserted by the faithful and public morality exalts vice and condemns virtue, here arise souls in love with God who with their lives, with the silent example of good works, with prayer and sacrifice, hold back the divine wrath and implore to Heaven new graces, new blessings, new unthinkable miracles of which only the Almighty is capable.

You ask me what we can do, while we await the triumph of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary: we can and must cultivate the holy Fear of God, live in His presence, taste the ineffable miracle with which our soul, enlightened from the Truth and inflamed by Charity, it becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit and the tabernacle in which the Holy Trinity deigns to place its own dwelling. From life in a state of Grace the soul draws the essential nourishment for growing in holiness, and the more it grows in holiness, the more its action conforms to God’s will.

This is the hope I formulate for you, in the certainty that this sacred fire that you carry within your heart can illuminate your friends, inflaming them with the love of God and neighbor. Before the miracle of young souls burning with Charity, even the old hardened hearts of many faithful and not a few clerics will be touched by Grace, and they will return to kneel with fear and trembling, taking off their shoes and covering their faces as Moses did before the Majesty of God. hidden in the burning bush.

My paternal Blessing reaches you and your family, dear M., with all my heart.

+ Carlo Maria Viganò, Archbishop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

Hitch (3rd September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Re: A 16-year-old’s letter to Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò – and his reply

"...what can we do in our small way?..."

Psalm 110

http://drbo.org/chapter/21110.htm

[1] I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; in the council of the just: and in the congregation. [2] Great are the works of the Lord: sought out according to all his wills. [3] His work is praise and magnificence: and his justice continueth for ever and ever. [4] He hath made a remembrance of his wonderful works, being a merciful and gracious Lord: [5] He hath given food to them that fear him. He will be mindful for ever of his covenant:

[6] He will shew forth to his people the power of his works. [7] That he may give them the inheritance of the Gentiles: the works of his hands are truth and judgment. [8] All his commandments are faithful: confirmed for ever and ever, made in truth and equity. [9] He hath sent redemption to his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever. Holy and terrible is his name: [10] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding to all that do it: his praise continueth for ever and ever.

Seven Gifts of the Paraclete

“wisdom,

understanding,

counsel,

fortitude,

knowledge,

piety,

and

fear of the Lord!”

1 Corinthians 12

http://drbo.org/chapter/53012.htm

"[1] Now concerning spiritual things, my brethren, I would not have you ignorant. [2] You know that when you were heathens, you went to dumb idols, according as you were led. [3] Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man, speaking by the Spirit of God, saith Anathema to Jesus. And no man can say the Lord Jesus, but by the Holy Ghost. [4] Now there are diversities of graces, but the same Spirit; [5] And there are diversities of ministries, but the same Lord;

[6] And there are diversities of operations, but the same God, who worketh all in all. [7] And the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man unto profit. [8] To one indeed, by the Spirit, is given the word of wisdom: and to another, the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit; [9] To another, faith in the same spirit; to another, the grace of healing in one Spirit; [10] To another, the working of miracles; to another, prophecy; to another, the discerning of spirits; to another, diverse kinds of tongues; to another, interpretation of speeches.

[11] But all these things one and the same Spirit worketh, dividing to every one according as he will. [12] For as the body is one, and hath many members; and all the members of the body, whereas they are many, yet are one body, so also is Christ. [13] For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free; and in one Spirit we have all been made to drink. [14] For the body also is not one member, but many. [15] If the foot should say, because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?"

also see
    https://www.catholic.com/magazine/pr...he-holy-spirit