Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy the last two months of our country as it is...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Enjoy the last two months of our country as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    Yeah, I don't live in the US at the moment. I'm in the People's Republic of Kanuckistan [canada]. Most of my family is in the US though. I'm actually looking forward to moving back -- Civil War 2, or not.
    What area of the U.S.? Some areas will fair better than others once the shit hits the fan.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    What area of the U.S.? Some areas will fair better than others once the shit hits the fan.
    Central Ohio [close to Mansfield] . It's a total Trumpian area and I do not foresee any "civil unrest" in the area. Cleveland/Columbus may be a different story. Even then, I don't see too much happening there either.
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    Central Ohio [close to Mansfield] . It's a total Trumpian area and I do not foresee any "civil unrest" in the area. Cleveland/Columbus may be a different story. Even then, I don't see too much happening there either.
    Midwest as a whole should fair better than the East and West coasts for sure.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Midwest as a whole should fair better than the East and West coasts for sure.
    We Michiganders will have to deal with that nasty infestation in the southern half of the state.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    We Michiganders will have to deal with that nasty infestation in the southern half of the state.
    In accordance with the US GOVERNMENT PUBLISHING OFFICE STYLE MANUAL you are officially to be refered to as a Michiganian. That would make you a native.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hUHNZnxf67AndK

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    In accordance with the US GOVERNMENT PUBLISHING OFFICE STYLE MANUAL you are officially to be refered to as a Michiganian. That would make you a native.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hUHNZnxf67AndK
    The Michiganians reside in the southern half of the state. I call myself a Michigander. Anyone in the lower peninsula is referred to as a 'Troll' by those in the Upper Peninsula because we live 'under the bridge'. We call them Yoopers because they live in the UP (Upper Peninsula).
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

The Michiganians reside in the southern half of the state. I call myself a Michigander. Anyone in the lower peninsula is referred to as a 'Troll' by those in the Upper Peninsula because we live 'under the bridge'. We call them Yoopers because they live in the UP (Upper Peninsula).
    Of course you can call yourself whatever you like.

Michigan is the reason the Northwest Ordinance is in effect west of the Mississippi (except for Missouri and Arkansas). Also Michigan courts have made it clear that counties are composed of cities, villages and townships (manors). I have uncovered no other source of this information.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

woodman (8th September 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Of course you can call yourself whatever you like.

Michigan is the reason the Northwest Ordinance is in effect west of the Mississippi (except for Missouri and Arkansas). Also Michigan courts have made it clear that counties are composed of cities, villages and townships (manors). I have uncovered no other source of this information.
    Interesting:

Northwest Ordinance

The Northwest Ordinance, officially titled "An Ordinance for the Government of the Territory of the United States North West of the River Ohio," was adopted by the Confederation Congress on July 13, 1787. Also known as the Ordinance of 1787, the Northwest Ordinance established a government for the Northwest Territory, outlined the process for admitting a new state to the Union, and guaranteed that newly created states would be equal to the original thirteen states. Considered one of the most important legislative acts of the Confederation Congress, the Northwest Ordinance also protected civil liberties and outlawed slavery in the new territories.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th September 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Interesting:

Northwest Ordinance

The Northwest Ordinance, officially titled "An Ordinance for the Government of the Territory of the United States North West of the River Ohio," was adopted by the Confederation Congress on July 13, 1787. Also known as the Ordinance of 1787, the Northwest Ordinance established a government for the Northwest Territory, outlined the process for admitting a new state to the Union, and guaranteed that newly created states would be equal to the original thirteen states. Considered one of the most important legislative acts of the Confederation Congress, the Northwest Ordinance also protected civil liberties and outlawed slavery in the new territories.
    The NW Ordinance is one reason the constitution came about. When created under the Articles of Confederation the NW Ordinance made it clear to the lawyers of the time that they had to have a city to attach territory to. The Articles only had 13 independent countries.

As to Michigan's involvement in the 1830s a miner in Dubuque killed another. They solved the murder by miners court but the trial precipitated assigning areas west of the Mississippi to Michigan. They created Iowa county in Wisconsin and two counties covering Iowa (w of the river from Missouri to the Canadian border). Next they declared the laws in effect in Iowa county (wisconsin) to be in effect west of the river). They never actually mentioned the NW Ordinance by name but that was the only law in effect to apply.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

woodman (8th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

This left is paid for.
    Jackie did it and you know it!