Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any smoke or fire reports in CA?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Re: Any smoke or fire reports in CA?

I warned of this a couple months ago.

Sources: Series of wildfires on the West Coast may be “coordinated and planned” attack

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...lanned-attack/
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (10th September 2020)

Thanks

Antifa militant livestreams his own arrest after allegedly setting fire in Washington State

https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa...in-washington/
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (10th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Antifa militant livestreams his own arrest after allegedly setting fire in Washington State

https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa...in-washington/
    article headline says BLM (not antifa) then pics show whitey
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Everything is getting covered in ash in the SF bay currently. Yesterday, it was dark all day due to a marine layer, and smoke, blocking the sun. For the first time I can remember, every vehicle on the road had headlights on at 11 in the morning. Today, smoke and ash. I said to a coworker, "this is apocalyptic." He looked at me, and said "no, this is biblical"

Worst fire season ever recorded going on in CA now. Add in the riots, coronavirus, it teaches you to live day by day. Each day we have alive is a Blessing from God.
    life is good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Everything is getting covered in ash in the SF bay currently. Yesterday, it was dark all day due to a marine layer, and smoke, blocking the sun. For the first time I can remember, every vehicle on the road had headlights on at 11 in the morning. Today, smoke and ash. I said to a coworker, "this is apocalyptic." He looked at me, and said "no, this is biblical"

Worst fire season ever recorded going on in CA now. Add in the riots, coronavirus, it teaches you to live day by day. Each day we have alive is a Blessing from God.
    You should have stayed home, the ash is toxic to your lungs. This much burned land doesn't bode well for the winter rains.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has also declared air quality levels “unhealthy” for residents.

Smoke from wildfires can cause serious irritation to a person’s lungs, the Environmental Protection Agency says. Wildfire smoke is made up of a “complex mixture of gases and fine particles” that are created when wood and other organic materials burn, the EPA explains.

“The biggest concern with wildfire smoke is fine particles. They can penetrate deep into your lungs,” Dr. Raymond Casciari, a pulmonologist at St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, Calif., tells Yahoo Life. Those particles can cause a slew of health issues, including burning eyes and a runny nose to chronic heart and lung issues, the EPA says.

But being exposed to wildfire smoke and poor air quality can also increase your risk of infection, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, tells Yahoo Life. “Smoke can damage a person’s respiratory defenses and lower the threshold for infection with a variety of agents, which would include SARS-CoV-2,” he says.

Wildfire smoke specifically causes your mucosa, the tissue lining your airways, to become dry and inflamed, Casciari says. “Your mucosa becomes vulnerable and that makes it easier for SARS-CoV-2 to enter into your cells and body,” he says.

Wildfire smoke can also leave a person vulnerable to complications from COVID-19, Dr. Jonathan Parsons, a pulmonologist at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center, tells Yahoo Life. “Wildfire smoke can lead to significant irritation and inflammation of the respiratory system,” he says. “If this inflammatory environment is present at baseline, and one contracts COVID-19, the risk of complications is increased significantly.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...-say/24617356/
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Iridium
    Thanks

“The biggest concern with wildfire smoke is fine particles. They can penetrate deep into your lungs,” Dr. Raymond Casciari, a pulmonologist at St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, Calif., tells Yahoo Life. Those particles can cause a slew of health issues, including burning eyes and a runny nose to chronic heart and lung issues, the EPA says.
    It's bad out here in CA right now, at least where I'm at. I've got the burning watery eyes and runny nose from the ash and smoke. Brewtech, how are you doing down there? PatColo?
    life is good.

Thanks

It's bad out here in CA right now, at least where I'm at. I've got the burning watery eyes and runny nose from the ash and smoke. Brewtech, how are you doing down there? PatColo?
    If you're working out in this shit it's even worse, because you tend to be breathing more deeply and sucking it deeper into your lungs.
    You should be chilling at home with the ac running and drinking cold beer.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Iridium
    Thanks

If you're working out in this shit it's even worse, because you tend to be breathing more deeply and sucking it deeper into your lungs.
    You should be chilling at home with the ac running and drinking cold beer.
    Oh I'm working out in it, and I'd love to be home with ac running drinking beer. But right now, I'm glad to be working. I'm employed. I know a lot of folks aren't. Day by day, EE. Hopefully it will better tomorrow, if not, the next day.
    life is good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (15th September 2020)

Thanks

Oh I'm working out in it, and I'd love to be home with ac running drinking beer. But right now, I'm glad to be working. I'm employed. I know a lot of folks aren't. Day by day, EE. Hopefully it will better tomorrow, if not, the next day.
    You are only tied to this job because you want to be. With your resume you can work anywhere.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Sac's mostly just been ashy/smokey but obscured blue sky, none of that "apocalypse-orange" sky shit here. For some reason I never bothered to look up 'why' on local nooz websites, but Tues was WINDY AF ALL DAY. My >22K lb rig is on level/raw earth, but raised a few inches via the hydrolic levelers mostly just to make stable like a sticks/bricks house - also happened to be oriented pointed straight at the oncoming wind so that was helpful, but regardless it was getting blown around, felt like low magnitude earthquakes half the time

drove muh car tonight for 1st time in several days; took several rounds of the windshield spray&wipe routine to make it 'safe' IE transparent.

guess in this instance, I'll wear a damn dirty face diaper outdoors, mainly just when I'm walking A-to-B on foot - this is the kind of air hazard it could actually help mitigate
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz