Updates from
Novus Ordo Watch

In the 09/11/2020 edition:

Father Anthony Cekada, R.I.P. (1951-2020)

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:51 am

Sedevacantist pioneer has died…

The sedevacantist priest, author, and seminary professor Fr. Anthony Cekada has died at his parish residence in West Chester, Ohio. This was announced moments ago on Twitter by Bp. Daniel Dolan, pastor of St. Gertrude’s Church:

Fr Cekada died peacefully this morning, surrounded by prayer, and well fortified by the Sacraments of the Church. Please remember this good and generous priestly soul in your prayers. The funeral is scheduled for Thursday morning, with the wake Wednesday evening.

(source)

Fr. Cekada had been suffering from complications after a series of strokes.

Fr. Cekada had been suffering from complications after a series of strokes. Years earlier he had received treatment for cancer. He was 69.

This post is only an announcement of his passing, asking everyone to offer prayers for the repose of his soul. There will be a tribute to Father’s contributions to the true Catholic cause in a future post.

Funeral arrangements with precise date, time, and location will be posted in the combox below.

Every death is an important reminder that one day God will call us to judgment too, and it may be sooner than we think (see 1 Th 5:2).

Réquiem aetérnam dona ei, Dómine, et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.