Thread: Vacuum sealing food

Thanks

Wink Vacuum sealing food

Things seem to be getting kind of iffy out there. I just wanted to remind everyone that you can vacuum seal all kinds of goodies in canning jars. When poop hits the fan, having some comfort food might not be such a bad thing. I have lived the last 7 years on an extremely limited diet of about 10 to 15 foods. Food fatigue can happen when constantly eating the same food over and over again. You can also become allergic to it too. How I worked this out was to rotate my limited foods On a 4 day rotation. I would eat chicken and winter squash on day 1. Day 2 was bison and spaghetti squash, day 3 was duck and green peas. day 4 was elk and cow peas, I was able to eat rice or rice cakes daily. By waiting at least 72 hours between I would actually crave the meal.

Anyway, a lot of people don’t realize you can vacuum seal chips or crackers for years in canning jars and have them taste like fresh baked when you open it! I vacuum seal my brown rice too. I have eaten it 5 years later and could not tell ! The secret to storing brown rice is to get it fresh milled. If buying in bulk, it will have the mill date printed on the bag. You may have to call the company and find out what the mill date code is. But get the brown rice vacuum sealed in the jars ASAP! It does not work very well if you buy rice that has already sat on the shelf for 6 months.

I have been known to vacuum seal Justin peanut butter cups in jars and hide them thru out my storage. That way you won’t be expecting them and they will be a total surprise!

Other things that vacuum seal well is pancake mix. I buy a brand from Costco and it’s made with gluten free type flour like cassava, tiger nut, etc. it says Paleo on the front. Costco also has a large tub of organic Ghee- Clarified butter. I remove it from their tub and put in canning jars and vacuum seal. It will sit out on the counter opened for at least a month and in the jars indefinitely. This is an awesome change up of foods. The pancakes only take water to make and the ghee can be slathered on! You can also vacuum seal real maple syrup in canning jars.

My point being, the sky is the limit! Buy now and vacuum seal all your goodies!

Hope this helps keep you from food fatigue!

ImaCannin
    To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

hoarder (29th September 2020),monty (28th September 2020),Spun Gold (28th September 2020),woodman (29th September 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: Vacuum sealing food

How do you vacuum seal the jars?
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

hoarder (29th September 2020)

Thanks

You can vacuum seal by hand with a brake bleeder or with a vacuum sealer machine.

I grabbed these videos off YouTube and have not watched them all the way thru.

You will have the flat canning lid on the jar, then the white vacuum lid, turn on and it will suck the air out and vacuum seal the lid on...
    you can also seal in plastic bags but they are not mouse proof!
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

hoarder (29th September 2020),woodman (29th September 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCannin View Post
    You will have the flat canning lid on the jar, then the white vacuum lid, turn on and it will suck the air out and vacuum seal the lid on...
    you can also seal in plastic bags but they are not mouse proof!
    Thanks Ima. I was wondering how oxy absorbers would work for a jar. I have used them for storing in 5 gallon buckets and they work remarkably well. The vacuum produced is powerful.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

They work great too...