Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

These dogs bark incessantly and are driving me crazy. The owners don't give a shit. Has anyone here ever been up against this? I am looking at electronic devices that will put out a sound that will stop the dogs from barking. The reviews are hit and miss though.

I live in a rural area and sound travels a long way. I spend much of my time outdoors and I don't much listen to music or other white noise. I just like peace and quiet.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

https://www.gq.com/story/best-noise-...ing-headphones

For you. The dogs wouldn't wear them.

On the plus side they work on your spouse as well.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    https://www.gq.com/story/best-noise-...ing-headphones

For you. The dogs wouldn't wear them.

On the plus side they work on your spouse as well.
    Not sure they would work. I suppose if they helped a little it would be a huge plus. I would prefer to cancel the noise at it's source.

An old friend of mine as a teenager, claimed he had developed a form of mind control that worked on his mother's incessant bitching. He said it was like magic. He could see her lips moving but could not hear a word she said. Magic!
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Toss out a firecracker when they start barking, or fire your shotgun into the air.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    These dogs bark incessantly and are driving me crazy. The owners don't give a shit. Has anyone here ever been up against this? I am looking at electronic devices that will put out a sound that will stop the dogs from barking. The reviews are hit and miss though.

I live in a rural area and sound travels a long way. I spend much of my time outdoors and I don't much listen to music or other white noise. I just like peace and quiet.

https://ultimatebarkcontrol.com/page...0Dog%20Barking

Just jewgled it, don't know nuthin about it.
    Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were Germans. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to concentration camp kapos.

http://www.controversyofzion.info/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

woodman (18th October 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

There is no sound in a dog's bark.

The sound happens soon after your ear detects energy in air motion. The ear converts the motion energy to nerve energy. At this point it is still not sound.

The nerve energy gets communicated with the brain. The perception and interpretation of sound occurs in the brain and a sound is born.

You are the creator of the sound. You also have created the irritation associated with the sound.

The way you handle the dog bark you created might be a metaphor for how you handle a nuisance election (or a nuisance pandemic) (or a nuisance ice age or global warming) (or Democrats)..

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

The sound happens soon after your ear detects energy in air motion. The ear converts the motion energy to nerve energy. At this point it is still not sound.

The nerve energy gets communicated with the brain. The perception and interpretation of sound occurs in the brain and a sound is born.

You are the creator of the sound. You also have created the irritation associated with the sound.

The way you handle the dog bark you created might be a metaphor for how you handle a nuisance election (or a nuisance pandemic) (or a nuisance ice age or global warming) (or Democrats)..
    This is actually quite true. A wise man once said "Your life consists of two things; the facts of your life and how you hold them." I am not holding this barking very well but I suppose I can always move away. If I could only adopt the method my old friend used for his mothers' 'barking'.......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (18th October 2020)

Thanks

May be or maybe a reason to put you on ignore. Analysis starts with anal.
    Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were Germans. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to concentration camp kapos.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Toss out a firecracker when they start barking, or fire your shotgun into the air.
    I've considered this route, all the way up to a claymore. This guy is buddies with the sheriff and the local conservation officer and I am not. I believe they all hang out together at the mason's lodge.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th October 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    May be or maybe a reason to put you on ignore. Analysis starts with anal.
    Just kidding.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post: