Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I知 back!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Re: I知 back!

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Hi Neuro,

What's the Euroword on the street, Or is there any street at all?
    Sweden is fairly ok. But lots of Euro countries has hard commie fascist police state lockdowns. Like France people are allowed out for 1 hour within 1 km of home. Even more scary is the number of sheeple that actually support this Orwellian nightmare for something they can’t even see. How is synagogue of satan in Costa Rica doing?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Sweden is fairly ok. But lots of Euro countries has hard commie fascist police state lockdowns. Like France people are allowed out for 1 hour within 1 km of home. Even more scary is the number of sheeple that actually support this Orwellian nightmare for something they can’t even see. How is synagogue of satan in Costa Rica doing?
    They've decimated the tourist industry here, require person to purchase .gov insurance when visiting.

Local city enconomy still is chugging somehow, they have stupid ordinance like 1 day a week certain Lic. plate #s are not to be seen on roads, parks and community centers still 50% capacity.

The people are complacent, though are requesting tax refunds for their inconvenince.

My German buddy returned here for those reasons you stated, he was also involved in large entertainment functions so was furloughed there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Can you recommend any literature to educate oneself on solar installation? I want to do it but I am like a babe in the woods.
    PM me if you have questions. I've been off grid solar the last 10 1/2 years and installed a couple systems in hunting camps before that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

woodman (15th November 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Woodman, one thing you can do to start, is find out how many watt hours per day you'll need to run everything you want. That will give you an idea on how much solar you'll need. There's a device called the kill a watt meter. If you plug in a freezer into the device, and let it run for 24 hours, it will tell you exactly how many watts the freezer is actually using. Do that with everything you want to run off grid, and you can build a system to fit.

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html
    life is good.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (15th November 2020),Neuro (16th November 2020),woodman (15th November 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Woodman, one thing you can do to start, is find out how many watt hours per day you'll need to run everything you want. That will give you an idea on how much solar you'll need. There's a device called the kill a watt meter. If you plug in a freezer into the device, and let it run for 24 hours, it will tell you exactly how many watts the freezer is actually using. Do that with everything you want to run off grid, and you can build a system to fit.

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html
    Another good idea is to run a deep chest freezer only in daytime and do things like washing machine dish washer only on sunny days a few hours before sunset, so you can limit battery capacity needs. Small thoughtfull adjustments in lifestyle which can reduce your needs a lot.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    They've decimated the tourist industry here, require person to purchase .gov insurance when visiting.

Local city enconomy still is chugging somehow, they have stupid ordinance like 1 day a week certain Lic. plate #s are not to be seen on roads, parks and community centers still 50% capacity.

The people are complacent, though are requesting tax refunds for their inconvenince.

My German buddy returned here for those reasons you stated, he was also involved in large entertainment functions so was furloughed there.
    Depopulation through crashed world economy is pretty much a given now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,313 Posts

Another good idea is to run a deep chest freezer only in daytime and do things like washing machine dish washer only on sunny days a few hours before sunset, so you can limit battery capacity needs. Small thoughtfull adjustments in lifestyle which can reduce your needs a lot.
    The way I conserve is to have 24VDC thruout the house. I have a 24 VDC upright fridge and two Sundazer 24 VDC chest freezers. They use practically no power at all. The inverter, which robs 30 watts when it's on, is in "standby" 95% of the time. Indoor lighting is 24 VDC, also have 120 VAC lighting but rarely use it. My well pump is run off the inverter 240 VAC. I only run it on sunny days. It fills a cistern uphill and gravity feeds back down as needed. I have wood heat, propane stove, water heater and clothes dryer. Life is great.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Hitch (16th November 2020),Neuro (16th November 2020),woodman (16th November 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    The way I conserve is to have 24VDC thruout the house. I have a 24 VDC upright fridge and two Sundazer 24 VDC chest freezers. They use practically no power at all. The inverter, which robs 30 watts when it's on, is in "standby" 95% of the time. Indoor lighting is 24 VDC, also have 120 VAC lighting but rarely use it. My well pump is run off the inverter 240 VAC. I only run it on sunny days. It fills a cistern uphill and gravity feeds back down as needed. I have wood heat, propane stove, water heater and clothes dryer. Life is great.
    I was suspicious of the inverter using a lot as it is quite loud (the cooling fan) and emitts quite a lot of heat. 30 Watts x 24 h is 0.72 kWh, which is more than the fridge and deep chest freezer I have use together in 24h, normally, at least according to the specifications... How big is your inverter? Mine has a 5 kW capacity...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Hitch (16th November 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I like your setup Hoarder, especially the sundazer freezers. I've been wanting one for awhile, but can't seem to find a place to fit it. I ended up recently ordering an iceco 12v freezer, which gets good reviews as well. It sips energy at 5 amps 12v when running, and has a very good compressor. I am hoping once down to temp it will use 30 amp hours a day. Not quite as good per the size as the Sundazer, but hopefully pretty close.

I have a 2000 watt inverter, that automatically switches on if I loose power. My water heater on board is new, 12 gallons, it runs on 120 but only has a 750 watt element. If I run it for 15 minutes in the morning on the inverter, I can have hot water all day. There's a diesel fireplace onboard, and also an espar diesel forced heater 12 volt. The espar's not working, missing the thermostat, but hopefully it would work if I get to installing a new thermostat. The espar is supposed to burn about 1 gallon of diesel a day, and it's the one they have in a lot of the big rigs. The diesel fireplace is gravity fed from a 5 gallon tank.
    life is good.

Iridium
    Thanks

I was suspicious of the inverter using a lot as it is quite loud (the cooling fan) and emitts quite a lot of heat. 30 Watts x 24 h is 0.72 kWh, which is more than the fridge and deep chest freezer I have use together in 24h, normally, at least according to the specifications... How big is your inverter? Mine has a 5 kW capacity...
    Hmm....the inverter probably spikes upon start up, but that seems high for constant running. I really don't know how much my inverter robs, but I am going to try and find out.
    life is good.