Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I’m back!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

I’m back!

How are you? I was in Turkey last 6 weeks and for some reason they have banned this site there. Did you miss me?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Hitch (13th November 2020),hoarder (15th November 2020),ImaCannin (15th November 2020),midnight rambler (13th November 2020),monty (13th November 2020),osoab (13th November 2020),PatColo (13th November 2020),vacuum (14th November 2020),woodman (13th November 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 2,604 Posts

Re: I’m back!

Welcome back! How was Turkey? When Sibel Edmonds was there, she said it was 24/7 lockdown and she was convinced they were going to force the vaccine on the people.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Neuro (13th November 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Good to see you back Bro. Do you guys do any sort of Thanksgiving type thing in Sweden? Funny thing I read: It seems that in Turkey they call turkeys 'American Birds'. How is your place coming along in Turkey? Did you get the solar installation complete? I seem to remember you saying it was something you were going for.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

6. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Welcome back! How was Turkey? When Sibel Edmonds was there, she said it was 24/7 lockdown and she was convinced they were going to force the vaccine on the people.
    No lockdown now, you have to wear a mask outside and in shops, but Turks have a propensity to flaunt rules. I myself worked close contact with patients. Now I have a bit of soureness in throat. I think I already had the virus at end of March with main symptom shortness of breath some dry cough and light fever, I should get thoroughly immunized with a second bout. No fucker is going to poke me with toxic needle.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

hoarder (15th November 2020),monty (13th November 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Good to see you back Bro. Do you guys do any sort of Thanksgiving type thing in Sweden? Funny thing I read: It seems that in Turkey they call turkeys 'American Birds'. How is your place coming along in Turkey? Did you get the solar installation complete? I seem to remember you saying it was something you were going for.
    No thanksgiving in Sweden. In turkey they call them ”hindi” which implies that they think they come from India. In Sweden we call them ”Kalkon” which I recently learned is derived from German ”Kalikot hühne” or chicken from Calcutta... Perhaps in India they call then American bird?

I did get the solar panel system up and running, but I will complement with 4 more panels for morning and evening sun and a 1000 watt wind turbine

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    How are you? I was in Turkey last 6 weeks and for some reason they have banned this site there. Did you miss me?
    Better watch any thought you may have regarding Erdogan.

Good to see you around again.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

11. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    No thanksgiving in Sweden. In turkey they call them ”hindi” which implies that they think they come from India. In Sweden we call them ”Kalkon” which I recently learned is derived from German ”Kalikot hühne” or chicken from Calcutta... Perhaps in India they call then American bird?

I did get the solar panel system up and running, but I will complement with 4 more panels for morning and evening sun and a 1000 watt wind turbine
    Can you recommend any literature to educate oneself on solar installation? I want to do it but I am like a babe in the woods.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Can you recommend any literature to educate oneself on solar installation? I want to do it but I am like a babe in the woods.
    Not really, but there really isn’t that much to it. The simplest system is a 12 volt system, where you have a solar panel which supplies a car or a motorcycle battery via a controller, and then you take the power you need from the battery. A slightly more complicated system is where you connect the battery to an inverter which takes the dc current from the battery and makes it alternating current to 60/50 hz and 110/230 volts. The inverter is a bit noisy because it has a fan and it uses a bit of power itself. You can have a square wave inverter which works fine for lamps or electronic equipment, but if you want to run an electrical engine like a compressor fridge/freezer or a pump its preferable to use a true sine wave inverter which are more expensive. Then the batteries you can use a normal car lead acid battery, but they would probably last shorter. Then you have a bit more expensive gel deep cycle batteries that will last more than 5 years perhaps 10 years depending on your use, and then you have lithium ion batteries that cost about double they are smaller and will probably last 10 years or more.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

woodman (13th November 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Welcome back Neuro! Good summary on 12 volt solar systems. I just did a battery inverter/charger install, and will be adding close to 1300 watts of solar. With solar, the charge controller is the "brains", so it's worth getting a good one to maximize your solar. The technology for charge controllers keeps getting better. I have 2, and can access them independently through bluetooth on my phone. I could be sitting here typing and look at how many amps or watts they are putting out.

Neuro, the batteries I went with are more expensive, but have a very long lifespan. They are the closest thing to lithium ion you can get without all the BMS bullshit. They are called Firefly batteries. I went with 4 group 31's for my house bank, giving me around 475 amp hours total. But, with the fireflies, I can discharge them past 50% without causing sulfation damaging them like lead acid, gels. Plus, they operate fine in a partial state of discharge, like lithium does. That's the killer of batteries, not getting a full life cycle charge. With the Firefly batteries, they are the best for off grid solar applications you can get (other than lithium).

EDIT: also keep in mind that with lithium, an EMP will kill the battery dead because of the battery management computer systems in them.
    life is good.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

horseshoe3 (15th November 2020),ImaCannin (13th November 2020),midnight rambler (13th November 2020),Neuro (13th November 2020),osoab (13th November 2020),woodman (13th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Hi Neuro,

What's the Euroword on the street, Or is there any street at all?