Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: January 6th in DC: "Be there, will be wild!" -- Trump

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: January 6th in DC: "Be there, will be wild!" -- Trump

Trump is supposedly a pretty smart guy, why couldn't he see the possibility of some sort of setup on 1/6 and take steps to prevent it and/or call it out beforehand??
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Trump is supposedly a pretty smart guy, why couldn't he see the possibility of some sort of setup on 1/6 and take steps to prevent it and/or call it out beforehand??
    There is so much wrong here and the manipulation is so complete that I cannot help but think Trump was playing his part all along. Even if he didn't intend to initially, he was dragged in and forced into the play. Everything is tainted. The tentacles of the various global crime syndicates have reached into every single institution of society. It is like a mycelium that has taken hold of human society as if we were simply a 'medium' to be inoculated. "The massage is the medium."

We are being farmed. Most of us don't even know it.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (14th February 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Trump's lawyer destroys SeeBS talking head in interview, funny shit, watch through to literal mic drop -

"A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (14th February 2021),woodman (14th February 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

National Review: The [New York] Times Corrects the Record on Officer Sicknick’s Death, Sort Of
    February 15, 2021
    A few days ago, the New York Times quietly “updated” its report, published over a month earlier, asserting that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick had been killed by being struck with a fire extinguisher during the January 6 riot.

According to the update, “new information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.” As I detailed in a column last week, what the Times calls “new information” actually began emerging the same day the paper filed its January 8 report...

My aforementioned column noted that Fox News’s Tucker Carlson (relying on a report from the website Revolver News) had just reported that Sicknick was not taken to the hospital directly from the Capitol. To the contrary, not only had the officer made it back to police headquarters; he had texted his brother hours after the siege, stating that although he had been “pepper sprayed twice,” he was “in good shape.” Moreover, Carlson pointed to a CNN report on February 2, to the effect that, according to unidentified law-enforcement officials, medical examiners had found no evidence of blunt-force trauma on Sicknick’s body and concluded the fire extinguisher account was not true.

...the death of Officer Sicknick became a building block for the House’s impeachment of former President Trump and of the allegations posited by the Democratic House impeachment managers that were publicly filed in their pretrial brief on February 2. By then, there was already substantial reason to question the fire-extinguisher allegation.

Prosecutors have an obligation, rooted in due process and professional ethics, to reveal exculpatory evidence. That includes evidence that is inconsistent with the theory of guilt they have posited. Even if Sicknick’s death was causally connected to the rioting, prosecutors would be obligated to correct the record if it did not happen the way they expressly represented that it happened. The House impeachment managers had not done that last week when NR published my column raising that issue, and to this day, although the impeachment trial is now over, we are still in the dark about the circumstances surrounding the officer’s tragic death at age 42...

Which brings us back to the original Times report. The “updated” version is, to put it mildly, confusing. At first, it attributes to unidentified “authorities” the claim that Sicknick “died from injuries sustained ‘while physically engaging’ with pro-Trump rioters.” The Times then describes Sicknick as “only the fourth member of the force to be killed in the line of duty since its founding two centuries ago.” That assertion is published as if it were an established fact, with no source.

But has it been established that Sicknick was “killed”? Has it been established that he died from injuries sustained while physically engaging with pro-Trump rioters? To my knowledge, it has not. And even the Times implicitly admits that it is unsure of what it is saying. A few paragraphs later, the same report now states:

The circumstances surrounding Mr. Sicknick’s death were not immediately clear, and the Capitol Police said only that he had “passed away due to injuries sustained while on duty.”

This seems very lawyered. “Sustained while on duty” is not the same as a “sustained ‘while physically engaging’ with pro-Trump rioters.
    Seems familiar, in a Judith Miller NYT 'reporter' way. Corrupt politicians, public servants and corporate fake-news media committed war crimes against foreign nations. Now, with the January 6 election theft scamriot distraction, attempted similar terrorist slander against hundreds of thousands who showed up to show support for election transparency and over 70 million voters!!

The New York Times: The Day I Realized I Would Never Find Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq
    We were fighting in a fantasy and our leaders knew it, even while we were there, yet we persisted.

I was repulsed by the idea that we could have been so easily manipulated. For a time I considered ending my government career. But I also felt that walking away would make me powerless to do anything to push back against the administration’s dishonesty. Instead, I refocused my intelligence career on understanding the underlying causes of war. Later, as an adjunct professor, I spent time developing an assessment of historical false justifications, and taught on the subject. To this day, I’m chastened by the memory of my experience at Abu Ghraib, and I’m haunted by the unknown fate of my interviewee. Like many veterans, I carry a deep desire to prevent another conflict like the invasion of Iraq, fueled by my understanding of the war’s absurdities. But I’m struck by the power of our national momentum toward going to war — especially unnecessary ones — and alarmed that this momentum seems nearly impossible to halt.
    TheGuardian.com: New York Times: we were wrong on Iraq
    The New York Times today issued an extraordinary mea culpa over its coverage of Iraq, admitting it had been misled about the presence of weapons of mass destruction by sources including the controversial Iraqi leader Ahmad Chalabi.

In a note to readers published today under the headline 'The Times and Iraq', the editors of the newspaper said they had found "a number of instances of coverage that was not as rigorous as it should have been".

"In some cases, information that was controversial then, and seems questionable now, was insufficiently qualified or allowed to stand unchallenged.

"Looking back, we wish we had been more aggressive in re-examining the claims as new evidence emerged - or failed to emerge," they continued.

The paper said it was encouraged to report the claims by "United States officials convinced of the need to intervene in Iraq".
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

H_E_ double toothpicks ... If Trump were still active the good officers death would be due to THE VIRUS!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    H_E_ double toothpicks ... If Trump were still active the good officers death would be due to THE VIRUS!!!
    Right. So the only deadly part of the so called "deadly insurrection", was a cop that shot and killed an unarmed woman.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

keehah (16th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Right. So the only deadly part of the so called "deadly insurrection", was a cop that shot and killed an unarmed woman.
    That wasn't shot or killed to boot.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

WaPo: Outgoing Capitol Police chief: House, Senate security officials hamstrung efforts to call in National Guard
    Jan.10
    To be on the safe side, [Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund] asked [Monday January 4] House and Senate security officials for permission to request that the D.C. National Guard be placed on standby in case he needed quick backup.

But, Sund said Sunday, they turned him down...

House Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving said he wasn’t comfortable with the “optics” of formally declaring an emergency ahead of the demonstration, Sund said. Meanwhile, Senate Sergeant at Arms Michael Stenger suggested that Sund should informally seek out his Guard contacts, asking them to “lean forward” and be on alert in case Capitol Police needed their help...

It was the first of six times Sund’s request for help was rejected or delayed, he said. Two days later on Wednesday afternoon, his forces already in the midst of crisis, Sund said he pleaded for help five more times...

Just before 2 p.m., the pro-Trump mob entered the Capitol, sending lawmakers and staff scrambling for safety. D.C. police had quickly dispatched hundreds of officers to the scene. But it wasn’t enough. At 2:26 p.m., Sund said, he joined a conference call to the Pentagon to plead for additional backup.

“I am making an urgent, urgent immediate request for National Guard assistance,” Sund recalled saying. “I have got to get boots on the ground.”

On the call were several officials from the D.C. government, as well as officials from the Pentagon, including Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, director of the Army Staff. The D.C. contingent was flabbergasted to hear Piatt say that he could not recommend that his boss, Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy, approve the request.

“I don’t like the visual of the National Guard standing a police line with the Capitol in the background,” Piatt said, according to Sund and others on the call...

Despite Sund’s pleas, the first National Guard personnel didn’t arrive at the Capitol until 5:40 p.m...

[Sund's January 4] call [to] Irving and Stenger ... [Irving] said he’d have to ask House leaders...

On Tuesday, Sund said he briefed Irving and Stenger, who said that backup seemed sufficient.

[A]t at 1:09 p.m. [January 6], Sund said he called Irving and Stenger, telling them it was time to call in the Guard. He wanted an emergency declaration. Both men said they would “run it up the chain” and get back to him, he said.

Minutes later, aides to the top congressional leaders were called to Stenger’s office for an update on the situation — and were infuriated to learn that the sergeants at arms had not yet called in the National Guard or any other reinforcements, as was their responsibility to do without seeking approval from leaders...

Sund said he called Irving twice more and Stenger once to check on their progress. At 1:50 p.m. — nine minutes before the Capitol was breached — Sund said he was losing patience. He called Walker to tell him to get ready to bring the Guard. Irving called back with formal approval at 2:10 p.m. By then, plainclothes Capitol Police agents were barricading the door to the Speaker’s Lobby just off the House chamber to keep the marauders from charging in.

Sund finally had approval to call the National Guard. But that would prove to be just the beginning of a bureaucratic nightmare to get soldiers on the scene...

Piatt, dialed in from across the river at the Pentagon, pushed back, according to Sund, saying he would prefer to have Guard soldiers take up posts around Washington, relieving D.C. police, so that they could respond to the Capitol instead of guardsmen...

“[Washington Police Chief Robert Contee] was definitely — I hate to use this term, but there’s no other term for it. He was pleading,” Falcicchio said. “He was pleading with them to fulfill the request that Capitol Police was making.”..

At one point, according to a defense official, Contee said, “Let me be clear, are you denying this?” To which Piatt responded that he wasn’t denying the request; he simply didn’t have the authority to approve it...

According to a timeline the Defense Department published Friday, [Acting Defense Secretary Christopher] Miller verbally authorized the activation of the entire D.C. Guard at 3:04 p.m. It would take two more hours for most of the citizen soldiers to leave their jobs and homes, and pick up gear from the D.C. Armory.
    Associated Press: Posts falsely cite Pelosi as responsible for security during Capitol insurrection
    January 20

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is in charge of overseeing the Capitol Police, is responsible for security failures that allowed the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol to happen.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Pelosi does not oversee day-to-day operations of the Capitol Police.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

“Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

This is one corrupt ass country! Nothing can be trusted.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!