Thread: Would it be possible for red states to ban Amazon...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Would it be possible for red states to ban Amazon...

...from doing business in their states on the grounds they have abused their power?
    Could these states ban google, twitter, youtube, facebook too?
    Could the governor in states like Texas and Florida have the ability to do this?

If I were governor, I'd take it one step further and ban travel by these tech CEO's and their employees from entering red states. Airlines are allowed to ban people from flying at will, states should be able to do this too. Put them all on a no travel list.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

cheka. (15th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Would it be possible for red states to ban Amazon...

Not likely as it would probably violate the Interstate Commerce clause.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    So what about banning the CEO's and employees from travel, as hazardous and a danger to a states citizens.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

I don't think so either, however it is certainly arguable that they are political organizations due to the censorship and influence they wield. They have become something more than simple social organizations due to their actions. Something will have to be done with them. This is an entirely new phenomenon is it not? Their influence and the power they wield is something far above what the simple tavern or church of old could lay claim to. It is like comparing TNT to a nuclear weapon.

Really, as has been stated numerous times, they are something akin to a public utility, especially since they use infrastructure to operate. Without the utilities, the power lines, etc., really all the modern infrastructure and computing machines that tax funded military research enabled, they could not function.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Thinking about it, I believe the mainstream media as a whole could really be thought of as a political organization. Perhaps it is time to remove the cloak and call them what they are and force them to operate accordingly.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Ares (15th January 2021),midnight rambler (15th January 2021),monty (15th January 2021),Tumbleweed (15th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

No.

The only solution is Blockchain and building our own decentralized systems.

You know, that thing you hate and bash me for literally is the only solution.

The good thing is that the more people are deplatformed, the more they will turn to Blockchain and decentralization. This problem will fix itself eventually as the Left gets so much power that they'll lose all power. Learn Blockchain, DeFi, and DAOs and you can save humanity from eternal technological tyranny.

Big Tech right now is like Cowboys (Big Tech) versus Indians (Regular People). The Cowboys have super powerful technological weapons. We have the potential to use our own weapons which were designed from the ground up to defeat Technocrats. It's time to use them and start building.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    No.

The only solution is Blockchain and building our own decentralized systems. The age of politics and voting are completely over.

You know, that thing you hate and bash me for literally is the only solution.

The good thing is that the more people are deplatformed, the more they will turn to Blockchain and decentralization. This problem will fix itself eventually as the Left gets so much power that they'll lose all power. Learn Blockchain, DeFi, and DAOs and you can save humanity from eternal technological tyranny.
    I don't hate you. I reserve my hatred for the people that are taking down my country. I believe you are misguided in your belief our country can be saved by crypto digits and your views on Trump. There will be no one fighting for us again like Trump. I think you may be blinded by greed and you are not seeing the whole picture what is taking place in our country.

You know I am a strong supporter of Trump, when you degrade him in your posts, I take it as an attack on me too for supporting him.
    I guess I could just call your mother a gutter whore and your father a faggot that blows niggers, but that is not my way.
    If you hit what I support with course language, you can always expect me to hit you back.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    You know I am a strong supporter of Trump, when you degrade him in your posts
    I'm Black Pilled on politics, so I hate pretty much all politicians now, but I feel very betrayed by Trump specifically. That being said...

I believe we are at a time in history where the structure of government itself will change forever. Like when humanity went from Kings and Queens to Representative Republics with Presidents/Prime Ministers. I believe another shift now is going towards Technocrats, and I think that both the Left and Right don't understand that and are still fighting. This isn't something that will happen in 50 years, we're here right now. Most people will be too worried to figure out how to make enough money to get by with all the automation taking everyone's jobs. People will strive to get jobs at McDonalds it will be so bad. A permanent underclass will be forced to live on UBI and this will be a growing percentage of the population.

Joe Biden was selected since he's an empty suit who will take orders directly from Silicon Valley.

Technocrats understand this and will/are trying to re-engineer society in a way to make this all work (Global Communism/Great Reset). Everything that's happening makes more sense when you view it through this lens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Ares (15th January 2021)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    ...from doing business in their states on the grounds they have abused their power?
    Could these states ban google, twitter, youtube, facebook too?
    Could the governor in states like Texas and Florida have the ability to do this?

If I were governor, I'd take it one step further and ban travel by these tech CEO's and their employees from entering red states. Airlines are allowed to ban people from flying at will, states should be able to do this too. Put them all on a no travel list.
    i like it. send that to texas atty general

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    arent there products already illegal in certain states/cities/counties, but not illegal in others?

weed? large cola? plastic straws? etc..