Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: wallstreebets trying to bankrupt a hedge fund caught naked shorting

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Re: wallstreebets trying to bankrupt a hedge fund caught naked shorting

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I've been following this thing pretty closely, and I am holding some shares I bought earlier in the week.

I think its over and will crash next week without going to the moon.

The squeeze began happening on Thursday, and it was shut down by the brokerages.

The real killer is that call options have been restricted, and hence there can be no more gamma squeeze going forward to force a short squeeze. Yes, the shorts are still like at 200% of the available stock right now, but I think a lot of those are at high prices in the $300 something range.

If options weren't restricted then the stock would have been over $1000 today.

I'm probably going to sell everything on Monday. If you are holding any of this stock, consider at least selling enough to break even if it were to crash.

The media has been hyping it and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money, and there will be massive fallout from this whole thing. Hopefully there will be big lawsuits.
    Well I think I called it. Should have taken my own advice and sold in the morning, but I did sell after hours today at $180.

Should be a bloodbath tomorrow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

RatHoler (2nd February 2021)