Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get out the rocket

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Re: Get out the rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    I've been trying to explain this to you guys that all of the momentum is shifting to crypto right now.
    https://www.statista.com/chart/24055...-gold-in-tons/

Gold demand last year dropped 14%.
    Where did it go?

Bitcoin.

Bitcoin's market cap will flip Gold in the next 2-10 years. Just watch.

Gold is going to be abandoned as a monetary metal in favor of Bitcoin, and Gold will be relegated as an industrial metal useful for electronics.

Ignore my warnings at your own peril. We are moving to the digital age. All analog (physical) stores of value will be phased out unless it has serious utility.
    I have a question about the value of owning cryptos. The main arguments for owning them is:
    1. there's a finite amount
    2. the ability to move money outside of banking
    3. profiting off their rise
    4. to usher in a cashless society
    Note: everyone buying cryptos today only have one reason for owning them, #3

My question:
    What makes each of the 4,001 cryptos so different from each other?
    If you changed the name of all 4,001 to 'bitcoin', how many crypto digits would there be in existence? Trillions...10's of trillions?
    Aren't the other cryptos just copies of the same blockchain, with slight variations? All do basically the same thing, move currency around.

Comparing gold, there's a guesstimate of say 10 billion ounces in existence in the world. So which is more rare? Cryptos that are copied over and over and over, or gold that can't be copied with a supply that grows very slowly?
    There is about enough gold in the world for every person on earth (7.8 billion) can only own just over 1 ounce. With cryptos, every person on earth can own an infinite amount eventually, as the supply can grow to the moon.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    What makes each of the 4,001 cryptos so different from each other?
    99.9% of cryptos are trash and will die. Most are degenerators, meaning they go up once, then go down 99.9% then are forgotten.
    There's several major functions cryptos need to serve and it's not just "NUMBER GO UP".
    Many new cryptos these days have utilities where they solve real world problems, while older cryptos were just shitty forks of Bitcoin. The only shitty forks of Bitcoin that still exist and are used are Litecoin and Dogecoin, that's it. Those only exist since of tradition but Litecoin may make a comeback as new privacy features are going proposed (Mimble Wimble).

Store of value -- Bitcoin
    Smart Contracts (automated world computer without humans, so it's trustless) -- Ethereum, potentially Polkadot or Cardano
    DeFi (Decentralized Finance to replace loans, mortgages and so on) -- Aave, Maker and so on
    Stablecoins (Everyday spending, people don't buy/hold these, they are actually used for commerce as a rival to the dollar) -- USDC, Tether, Dai (My favorite), Pax Gold (tied to Gold)
    Oracles (Converts real life data to blockchain) -- Chainlink
    Privacy coins (True anonymous money) -- Monero (that's it).
    NFTs (Non-fungible tokens used to create digital products, this can be used for deeds, and titles, as well as monetizing digital art, music, and so on) -- Rarible, Enjin
    Advertizing Tokens -- Used to generate rewards for using services as a rival to Google's Adsense -- BAT (Basic Attention Token by Brave), LBRY
    Decentralized government (Total replacement for state and digital voting) -- Sora (this is the closest thing but nothing like this exists yet. If it takes off the entire government can be overthrown through a decentralized system)

Everything else is speculation. I gave you a few examples.
    This is the true free market so in the end 99.9% of these go to zero. Look at the coin marketcap of cryptos at 2014 and 2017. The list is totally different since most cryptos die. The market is maturing and new technological innovations occur.

2014:
    https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20140202/

2017:
    https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170205/

The most important utility of crypto right now is smart contracts which automates our world to make humanity to be able to live in a true trustless world. Figuring out what will be the world computer early can make you rich. (It's likely Ethereum)

Remember the term Trustless. This is a new world where no agency or authority can screw you over anymore since things are decentralized and fair to everyone. You can't get cheated anymore.

Crypto is basically like the 1997 Internet. Some people couldn't see how it would revolutionize the world. Some did, and the ones that monetized that are all crazy rich today. The same will happen with Crypto.
    DeFi is a major innovation and it will completely replace all banks and Wall Street.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

EE_ (3rd February 2021),Hitch (3rd February 2021),woodman (3rd February 2021)

Thanks

Another super important innovation is the DAO, which is a decentralized autonomous organization.
    It lets people form decentralized/anonymous companies, groups, and even governments.

Nothing to regulate and no one to arrest.

If people mass adopt DAOs government regulators are out of the job.

The goal of Crypto is to end tyranny, decentralize the world, and make money doing it. It is the only way to beat the Technocrats.

As of right now Crypto has as many users as the Internet did in 1997. If you buy in today you are STILL early. You did NOT miss the boat. You just won't be a multimillionaire/billionaire like the early investors, but you will preserve and multiply a lot of your wealth.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

EE_ (3rd February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post

The goal of Crypto is to end tyranny, decentralize the world, and make money doing it. It is the only way to beat the Technocrats.
    My take on it is a little different. I think the goal of crypto was to draw money away from physical metals.
    Did a good job of it anyway.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (5th February 2021),monty (3rd February 2021),woodman (3rd February 2021)

Thanks

Thanks. The only thing I bought is GBDC when bitcoin dropped to $30,000 It's doing better then my other stocks.
    I guess I had better get on coinbase.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    My take on it is a little different. I think the goal of crypto was to draw money away from physical metals.
    Did a good job of it anyway.
    I still believe the government elite/globalists are behind cryptos and their goal is to usher in a cashless society. They will succeed.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Thanks. The only thing I bought is GBDC when bitcoin dropped to $30,000 It's doing better then my other stocks.
    I guess I had better get on coinbase.
    I bought some GBDC too, EE, and it's doing better than my other stocks as well. Also, I signed up on coinbase, but got spooked. They would not accept any cash, none from my existing accounts, couldn't get past that. Just a heads up on that. Might need to send them a paper check to get started.
    life is good.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

I still believe the government elite/globalists are behind cryptos and their goal is to usher in a cashless society. They will succeed.
    Which is why we still hold physical gold and silver. Young people want iphones, video games, and cryptos. Lot's of older folks who'd rather settle for bullets, tools, food, and we like silver and gold to trade with.
    life is good.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

monty (3rd February 2021)

Thanks

No.

Crypto is decentralization.
    They want centralization.

They want a centralized digital currency they can track and shut you down for at any time if you don't play ball.
    That's not Crypto, that's digital Fiat without physical cash.

Understand that that "Elites" are actually just stupid control freaks who were born into this evil control system. They've lived in luxury their entire lives and are completely out of touch with society, technology, and humanity. These people are not smart enough to come up with Crypto, and now they are realized they made a huge mistake not trying to shut it down earlier, rather than laughing it off like the gluttonous fools they are. They're likely planning to try to co-opt it (they can't) now they realize they can't stop it.

I prefer Dai over Tether, because Tether is centrally controlled while Dai is decentralized by MakerDAO (Maker is a good investment on Coinbase.) Tether transactions can be reversed if the people behind it want it. It's impossible to do that with Dai. That's the difference.

People use stablecoins for day to day purchases since you don't care to cling to something that's value is stable.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Sure the Jews want centralization, but cryptos will be crashed or outlawed if they hinder it. The main threat of decentralized currency are the metals, and cryptos drew money away from them. That's why I think cryptos are a product controlled by banksters.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

EE_ (3rd February 2021),midnight rambler (5th February 2021)