Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardano

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 2,414 Posts

Cardano

How do you guys feel about Cardano?

Here's an interview with the founder, talking about how it compares to Etherium.

Looks like they are very solid, especially the last part of the interview where he talks about the built-in mechanism where cardano can fund its own improvements.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Cardano

I own a shit ton of it, but never talked about it since I had full bags and didn't need anymore. I bought in at the $0.02-$0.04 range since I knew it was going to be big back then.

Both Polkadot and Cardano have a big shot at being major competitors to, or replacing Ethereum. If not they'll have large market shares.

The issue is Polkadot has 300 projects being developed on it.
    Cardano has... 5.

I love Charles Koskinson. He's a true Cypherpunk and Liberty lover/patriot. He's a better salesman than Gavin Wood (Polkadot), but developers prefer Polkadot due to it being similar to Ethereum development-wise.

Right now I don't know what is a good thing to buy in the market since we're in the middle of the bull run. When I don't know what to buy, that means the best thing to buy is Bitcoin unironically (yes even at these levels.) You guys should have been buying in the bear market after the Covid Crash (I sold almost all of my possessions and bought all in in March through May 2020).

If you want to copy me, buy equal amounts of Polkadot and Cardano. I think Polkadot will hit $100-200 this cycle. Cardano is trickier to predict, but likely +$3. I've heard predictions up to $25, but my predictions are generally very conservative.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (13th February 2021)

Thanks

Notice Cardano is consolidating, while Monero is skyrocketing right now.

I told you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’m looking at mainly xmr, bat, ada.

I’m holding pretty big bat bags right now. I’m thinking of it as a stable coin that may go to $40, but it definitely won’t go to zero.

I do think dot will have a big pump coming up as they auction off their parachains, I’m thinking as of today maybe accumulate at 1/3 each of dot, ada, xmr starting Monday/Tuesday. Getting btc this weekend. Interested in what you think of that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I’m looking at mainly xmr, bat, ada.

I’m holding pretty big bat bags right now. I’m thinking of it as a stable coin that may go to $40, but it definitely won’t go to zero.

I do think dot will have a big pump coming up as they auction off their parachains, I’m thinking as of today maybe accumulate at 1/3 each of dot, ada, xmr starting Monday/Tuesday. Getting btc this weekend. Interested in what you think of that.
    Go for it, just don't hate me if there's a major correction. I can't predict that, it's just a hunch. The market feels too hot right now. We need some retail consolidation and blood for the market to go forward. To many Normies think they're crypto experts now.

Personally I'm not buying Ethereum or Ethereum based projects anymore since I believe there will be growing exodus due to high transaction fees. I'm really thinking many people are blinded by confirmation bias and unable to see a new MySpace to Facebook flippening, or a Blockbuster to NetFlix flippening. I do feel Polkadot has a better shot than Cardano, but I think both projects will do good. Polkadot is due for a bigger pump.

My conservative Monero target is at least $1,000 this year.

Thanks

Yeah no worries. One question, is it generally possible for etherium tokens to transition to another platform and maintain their exchange rates? I'm unclear on that.

Yeah if everything in etherium is stuck there, that could really hurt the value.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Yeah no worries. One question, is it generally possible for etherEum tokens to transition to another platform and maintain their exchange rates? I'm unclear on that.
    There's some on xDai chain.

It's the only chain that allows it (it's retardedly the most undervalued thing in crypto).
    HoneySwap is the UniSwap of xDai chain too. xDai is a second layer solution to Ethereum that fixes all of it's transaction fee problems and you can trade most major Ethereum projects there. xDai is made by Maker DAO (you can get that on Coinbase.)
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/exchanges/honeyswap
    https://blockscout.com/poa/xdai/tokens

There's more than listed here like Chainlink, UniSwap tokens, and many other major Ethereum projects. It's all on xDai, at the same prices but the transaction fees are like $0.0001, no joke. It's insane this hasn't taken over. My only guess is the transition is too confusing for people and poor marketing. Invest at your own risk. Honey tokens should be worth $10k bare minimum but aren't worth shit so I don't know what's going on there.

You'll probably loose a ton of money investing in this, it's crazy risky. It was my worst 2020 investment.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Like lets say that BAT wanted to transition from etherium to cardano.

Can BAT (or another coin already using etherium) maintain a stable price while transitioning to a different platform?

I'm reading on xDai now.

Edit:

Ok, so it looks like TokenBridge (same team as xDai) is able to transfer tokens between different smart contract platforms. Using smart contracts, a transfer can be set up such that tokens are destroyed on one chain. But looks like both chains have to be in the etherium ecosystem. Still learning...

Thanks

Not only can BAT transition to Cardano, but it can have almost the same price and be on BOTH blockchains. Currently Tether is on multiple blockchains, including Tron:
    https://www.coindesk.com/tron-ethere...nt-volume-data

Dai (stablecoin), xDai Stake, Chainlink, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and a few others are on other chains. There's a wrapped version of Bitcoin on most blockchains now that people actually use.

Another note about xDai is people use it more than XRP, Tezos, and all these other major blockchains, which is why it's so insane that it's super undervalued.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think Bitcoin is going to pump to $54K or drop to $36K in the next week. The price is coiling for something big, but I cant tell if it's to go up or down.

As I said before BAT is a short term play. Personally I am not buying any since the risk/reward isn't worth it to me. I am accumulating BAT by using Brave browser though.

It's spelled Ethereum. There no "I".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post: