Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

whites being turned away from vaccines

giving white pepo vax is wasting it

https://whyy.org/articles/black-doct...it-their-turn/

Black Doctors Consortium wants vaccine line-jumpers to wait their turn

ByNina Feldman February 10, 2021

Dr. Ala Stanford has started to notice a pattern.

Each morning when the Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium starts vaccinating at a church or at the Liacouras Center, she sees the faces she’s expecting to see: Older people. People with underlying health conditions. Teachers and SEPTA workers and home health workers. Black people. As the hours draw on, though, the demographics start to shift.

“People who were able-bodied are starting to come into poor neighborhoods to get vaccines,” said Stanford, the group’s founder. “And that’s horrible. But shamelessly, they are.”

Stanford has found herself in a bind: She wants to advertise her clinic so the Black community knows where she is and can come out to get vaccinated. She wants to post on social media, disclosing her location and inviting first responders and people who live nearby to come out. She wants to save room for walk-ups, because many older people aren’t computer-savvy and can’t access the Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium sign-up sheet.

When will it be your turn to get the coronavirus vaccine? Here’s a guide

It’s hard to pin down a specific answer for any one person. WHYY’s Health Desk Help Desk created this interactive way to figure out where you stand.

But since the city cut ties with Philly Fighting COVID, her group is the only public-facing vaccine operation. Even if the people hearing about it are not eligible, word is spreading among wealthier, whiter demographics that her clinic is one where you can most easily jump the line.

Some, she said, are claiming they have underlying health issues that might make them eligible.

“A skin rash doesn’t count as a medical condition!” Stanford said, recounting a recent example she’d heard. “I’m sorry.”

Stanford clarified that her group is not giving away vaccinations as a free-for-all at the end of an event, and she is careful to meter out the correct number of vials removed from the refrigerator according to the number of people in line near the end of the day. If anything, she said, sometimes people standing in line have to wait a few minutes for a new vial to thaw if she miscounted.

“I would rather have people waiting than waste vaccine,” she said. “That whole idea of ‘We’ll have to throw it out if you don’t come’ just means someone planned poorly.’”

When the Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium first started vaccinating, Stanford said, upwards of 90% of its patients were Black. Now, she said, that proportion has dropped dramatically — some days, it’s as low as 50%. African Americans are at greater risk of contracting COVID, and twice as likely to become hospitalized with COVID than their white counterparts.

Linda Scott (left), 78 was able to schedule an appointment for a vaccine, and brought along her sister Mary Lawton, 82, (right) who couldn’t make one. The Black Doctors Consortium vaccinated them both. (Nina Feldman/WHYY)

During the course of just a few minutes on Monday, Stanford was presented with two pairs of people who showed up at a clinic at a North Philadelphia church without appointments. The first was an older Black woman, Linda Scott, and her sister, Mary Lawton. Scott had made an appointment but had brought along her sister, age 82, who hadn’t been able to register. Stanford helped them register, and they took a seat in a small room and waited patiently for their shots.

“It’s unbelievable that this [is] here and they’re doing what they’re doing, because the system is horrible,” said Scott. “You can’t get on the phone, you wait and you wait and you wait. But thank God for the neighborhood services.”

Separately, two young, white University of Pennsylvania professors showed up. As a physician, Stanford doesn’t want to turn anyone away, but in the absence of what she views as a moral compass for many, those are the decisions she’s been forced to make.

After PFC turned away people seeking vaccinations that day, friends of CEO Andrei Doroshin say they saw a Snapchat photo of him appearing to administer vaccine off-site.

“We’re saying, ‘You see that 80-year-old Black woman right there? She needs it more than you. And she’s not registered. And she didn’t have social media. She filled out this paper form. And right now is when she could get a ride. And she’s gonna get it first because she’s more at risk of getting sick, and more at risk of dying than you are.”

Despite reports of vaccine hesitancy among African Americans, Stanford said, she hasn’t reached a point where demand has waned among the Black community.

“Right now, I’m not seeing it,” she said. “What I’m seeing is a lot of Black people who want the vaccine.”

She added that if she does get to a point where interest dies down, her next priority would be the Latino community, which is also at greater risk for serious infection.

The city’s Health Department has said it is approaching vaccine distribution with a renewed focus on equity after its failed partnership with Philly Fighting COVID prompted questions about why an inexperienced group of college students was chosen over Stanford’s group of medical professionals with established inroads into Philly’s Black community.

Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas Farley said that his department will prioritize equity in every vaccine distribution decision, not as a separate plan, but warned that will come at the expense of some speed.

“If we were to allow anyone to receive vaccine, we would deliver doses very quickly, but the persons receiving them would likely be the most privileged, with the most resources to get to the front of the line,” Farley said during a City Council hearing last week.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Re: whites being turned away from vaccines

This is GREAT news! Give the death vax to the shit skins!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

Ares (14th February 2021),cheka. (14th February 2021),midnight rambler (14th February 2021),monty (14th February 2021),Tumbleweed (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDRock View Post
    This is GREAT news! Give the death vax to the shit skins!
    Nevada Attorney General was one of the first in line.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th February 2021),JDRock (17th February 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

I'd really like to know what *good* the 'vaccine' is when someone (a MD) who's had the second jab still manages to die of "COVID-related illness."

https://wreg.com/news/coronavirus/me...covid-vaccine/
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th February 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Yes, I would like to give up my white privilege. I donate my vaccine to those with less privilege.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Ares (14th February 2021),cheka. (14th February 2021),hoarder (15th February 2021),JDRock (16th February 2021),mamboni (14th February 2021),midnight rambler (14th February 2021),Shami-Amourae (15th February 2021),Tumbleweed (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Yes, I would like to give up my white privilege. I donate my vaccine to those with less privilege.
    Me too! I wouldn't want to get in the way of less fortunate folk not getting the injection. In fact, I waive any claim to vaccination indefinitely and forever.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th February 2021),hoarder (15th February 2021),midnight rambler (14th February 2021),woodman (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

I too waive my white privilege for the less fortunate brown people and they can have as much of safe, effective and highly researched and developed vaccine as they want...
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th February 2021),JDRock (16th February 2021),woodman (14th February 2021)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

you pepo are f0cked up

there have only been 1200 americans killed by the vax in the beginning stage of covid vax roll out

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    you pepo are f0cked up

there have only been 1200 americans killed by the vax in the beginning stage of covid vax roll out
    I'm still trying to find out how they made a vaccine off of a virus that's technically never been isolated or sequenced.... Figure that one out.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

JDRock (17th February 2021),midnight rambler (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    you pepo are f0cked up

'Only' 1200. How quaint.

Did you forget /sarc?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

cheka. (16th February 2021)