Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cake Wallet - Monero Atomic Swaps

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Cake Wallet - Monero Atomic Swaps

Quick review of the Cake Wallet.

I tried it and it works. This is a HUGE game changer in crypto and once people find out about it Monero will explode in price:
    https://twitter.com/coinbureau/statu...83149778526213

This is the first wallet without KYC with atomic swaps. That means you can exchange cryptocurrencies for Monero and back without KYC, anonymously.

This is big since you can use this to stop all government government tracking of your crypto.

It accepts ADA, BCH, BNB, BTC, DAI, DASH, EOS, ETH, LTC, NAO, TRX, USDT, XLM, and XRP.

Here's the official tutorial from Cake Wallet:

Just a tip, once the exchange happens it takes 20 minutes for the available balance to update. This is just a security feature so don't worry about it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (14th February 2021),vacuum (14th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

Re: Cake Wallet - Monero Atomic Swaps

I've heard people say that those third party exchanges the wallet is using aren't super reliable and that the fees aren't predictable. When atomic swaps come out, thats going to be huge because right its a liability to move too much currently.

I've heard that TradeOgre and Bisq are some recommended methods to trade btc for xmr, I'm going to try to give those a shot.

It really is painful to get xmr right now, and I'm sure thats suppressing the price.

The thing about cryptos is that even if you connect with proxies or tor, the address you are sending from is still publicly viewable. xmr fixes that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (14th February 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Quick review of the Cake Wallet.

I tried it and it works. This is a HUGE game changer in crypto and once people find out about it Monero will explode in price:
    https://twitter.com/coinbureau/statu...83149778526213

This is the first wallet without KYC atomic swaps. That means you can exchange cryptocurrencies for Monero and back without KYC, anonymously.

This is big since you can use this to stop all government government tracking of your crypto.

It accepts ADA, BCH, BNB, BTC, DAI, DASH, EOS, ETH, LTC, NAO, TRX, USDT, XLM, and XRP.

Here's the official tutorial from Cake Wallet:

Just a tip, once the exchange happens it takes 20 minutes for the available balance to update. This is just a security feature so don't worry about it.
    thanks for this info!!!
    Come chat with me here. Private, no surveillance. Besides, it's fun. https://focusgames.io/r/ck5lc3dxVGVIRjErVWk2VW9HZm1sUT09

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spun Gold For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (15th February 2021)

Thanks

Thanks

How to buy Monero infographic:
    https://i.postimg.cc/fWZj2Vqw/1615178717859.png

Thanks

Jump to 36 minutes. This is really important if true.
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/n9VVdXbFoE05/

Jeff Berwick says that there's a secret Cypherpunk plan where once the price of Bitcoin is driven up to a half a million that the Monero people will implement Atomic Swaps then dump all their Bitcoin on the bankers and transfer all the wealth of the ruling class to Cypherpunks. It would basically be an event to crash and end all governments in the world.

This is the first time I heard anything like this, thought I'd share.

Regardless, I'm only focused on buying Monero right now.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (13th April 2021),vacuum (12th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

Great vid.

When you say focused on buying monero, what’s your strategy? Obviously you could just convert everything at once if you wanted to.

How how fast are you buying and what percentage are you looking to accumulate to?

Looks like Pirate Coin more than doubled since he made that video last weekend. Are you going to get some? I know you said it was already quite high. I’m not sure what the point of it is, will have to research it. $177m market cap.

If pirate coin could be adopted by the dark web as the coin of choice, then it would take the pressure off monero and help legitimize it. Looks like pirate coin has a cap of $200m coins so maybe that’s what it’s designed to do - be the new dark web currency.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Great vid.

When you say focused on buying monero, what’s your strategy? Obviously you could just convert everything at once if you wanted to.

How how fast are you buying and what percentage are you looking to accumulate to?

Looks like Pirate Coin more than doubled since he made that video last weekend. Are you going to get some? I know you said it was already quite high. I’m not sure what the point of it is, will have to research it. $177m market cap.
    On Pirate Chain I honestly don't know. But I'm considering getting into some of the super undervalued Privacy Coins as a temporary play due to people missing out on Pirate Chain.
    I wish I got in though. It's on Changelly now though so its super easy to get.

I have a policy of not chasing trains that have already left the station. I try to get on trains before anyone else has gotten on. If I miss a train, I simply wait for the next train.

As for Monero, I'm just putting all the extra funds from my income I'd normally put into buying Bitcoin/high caps from the USD since I like to hold as little money in USD as possible. Like most, we're just buying Litecoin, and swapping it on Cake Wallet.

In my view any Monero bought below $1,000 is cheap. Especially since it should hit $10k eventually, and you shouldn't have to sell it, but spend it for real things. Now that transaction fees for Monero are like a penny, it makes sense for it now to be used as a true digital cash.

Here's a list of places that support Monero without KYC:
    https://kycnot.me/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (12th April 2021)

Thanks

Also check /biz/ every day or so if you can. There's almost always a thread going on for Monero since its super popular on /biz/.
    https://boards.4channel.org/biz

Monero is starting to explode in actual usage and it's creating a ton of die hard fans. Right now I'm seeing more and more businesses accept Monero for payment.

There's even a private jet service that will let you leave the country anonymously with a payment with Monero.
    https://www.tapjets.com/article/priv...ay-with-monero

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Some questions I have.

We can see all currency going digital, the digital yaun is coming in the next year. The US is concerned the digital yaun will destroy the US dollar as the world reserve currency.
    The US will be force to create a digital dollar to compete.

1. Will communist China allow it's people to use other digital coins, or will they be forced to only use the DY? My bet is China will control crypto currencies.
    The US is now under communist China's control. Will our communist overlords do the same as China and only allow citizens to use digital dollars, outlawing all other crypto currencies?
    Don't tell me it can't happen. If the communist US government outlaws all transactions in digital currencies other then crypto dollars, the crypto boom will be over.

2. Trust in the US government is gone and people have a need to preserve their wealth outside of the corrupt government...what will people buy to preserve their wealth outside of the communist US government?

I know this is still a few years out, but there is little doubt it is coming. These are not exciting times ahead of us.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!