Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cake Wallet - Monero Atomic Swaps

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Cake Wallet - Monero Atomic Swaps

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Some questions I have.
    The following is just a collection of my thoughts and theories:

There's a sequence of events I see playing out where the US will continue to lose its power over the Dollar collapsing.
    The government will be forced to do something insane with crypto, likely increasing taxes with some shitty chain analysis, make people declare all their holdings, or attempt to audit people with it. They'll likely get draconian or something. This will blow up in their faces as these people are used to controlled opposition cowards like Conservatives who fold easy, and don't have any backbone. Cypherpunks actualy deliver and fight. They can't see us and don't know how much we hate them and this system.

What I see happening is governments will crash their current "paper" currencies then try to introduce "Fedcoin". They'll tie this to some form of UBI and social credit system. The UBI will be the carrot to get adoption. They'll claim its a cryptocurrency since by then crypto will have more and more legitimacy and uses. Like right now people are asking increasingly to have their income from their job paid in crypto. This trend is catching on fast and more and more people aren't selling crypto for the USD, but spending crypto directly. The problem with Fedcoin is it is NOT a cryptocurrency since the government will be able to just print up as many of them as they want, and stop transactions with anyone they don't like at any time (it's just Fiat rebranded.) Regardless they'll push this shit on the public. I don't see it doing so good and people will sense the desperation of the government and increasingly switch to actual crypto. I do expect chain analysis companies to explode as the government will be desperate to track down people who are avoided extortion (taxes). This technology lets governments and institutions track where funds go from blockchain to blockchain and to figure out who is who. The government is too stupid to do this on their own.

For China, I think they're mostly a paper tiger so unsure how that plays out. Automation will kick online in the coming decade, and their slave factory model won't work anymore as everyone will be able to make their own shit for cheaper at home. Most people will be out of work and reliant on UBI/welfare at this point. The only reason China has a chance to kick America's ass is since their government isn't at war with their own people (like America is anti-White). I see more of a balkanized scenario where governments will increasingly try to clamp down, but will just get ignored and laughed at as you see a more decentralized revolution, and Corporations emerging as the new state:

I see Monero possibly becoming the new digital cash as governments crack down out of desperation. 99.9% of cryptocurrencies are scams designed to make a quick buck. Monero was designed as the true Cypherpunk currency to end state controls and free humanity. It's more about freedom than making money.

I'm buying Monero right now since I want to accumulate as much digital "cash" before they try to outlaw it. Australia already did, but thanks to our government being slow retards they haven't done it yet (these people still haven't figured out what Bitcoin is). The government's crackdown likely be the catalyst of it's emergence as the global currency (or something like it.)
    Satoshi (the creator of Bitcoin) originally designed Bitcoin to be like Monero is today:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comm...ures_that_got/

Basically Satoshi originally made Bitcoin with public ledgers knowing that the government would less likely ban it if it was easy to track, and it could get more widespread adoption. Either Bitcoin was meant as a trojan horse, or Bitcoin has been hijacked by the bankers before Satoshi could change things with the switchero (I think it's the first option but unsure.) There's a conspiracy that Satoshi himself is currently behind Monero. You can see in my above Reddit link that the actual Satoshi basically was the first to come up with the concept of Monero.

Monero is Satoshi's vision.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

EE_ (13th April 2021),Tumbleweed (13th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,383 Times in 2,414 Posts

Looks like pirate coin took a dip. Went from $1.50 to $2.50 down to $1.70 as of now within the last day.

Thanks

I'm sticking to Monero. Pirate Chain isn't used by anyone. It's just a meme coin like Ghost was IMO. It will pump, dump, then people will forget about it.

Actually it is smart to buy if you want to wash your money since Changelly now has it, then buy something else with it. I may consider that since buying Monero raises red flags. Pirate Chain isn't on the radar right now.

Chasing pumps almost never works out well except for that one time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (14th April 2021)

Thanks

Thanks

Monero Chan is my waifu.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/monerochan/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (16th April 2021)

Thanks

Economist explains why Monero is the greatest money in human history.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (16th April 2021)

Thanks

Pirate chain pumping again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Pirate chain pumping again
    Stop jinxing it.

You caused an entire flash crash.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (17th April 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Stop jinxing it.

You caused an entire flash crash.
    I got bogged. Put in a leverage long order in for $59k. Bitcoin was training at $60 to $61k. Go make dinner. Come back, my trade had executed and already been liquidated.

Unfortunately, monero isn’t even going down very much.

Regarding Pirate Chain, why is the trading volume for it 5x that of monero on TradeOgre? Seems weird.

Thanks

I never leverage trade.
    Just buy and hold.

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I got bogged.
    Oh he knows.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (17th April 2021)