Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 percent of texas without power

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: 25 percent of texas without power

Aren't those Coleman camp light running off propane?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Aren't those Coleman camp light running off propane?
    Think they use Coleman kerosene. Or kerosene of whatever brand. Expensive stuff burns real clean tho.

Propane is gas grills that can heat a buttload of area. Used to do that with my garage, 1 medium grill heated kept me at 68 at 20 degrees. Never needed in the house yet.

Remember China is now in control of the power grid. Something that is never mentioned.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Heard from an acquaintance that shit is totally jacked in TX. No power, gas stations not working, almost no such thing as kerosene and besides no one has kerosene heaters. No one has Propane heaters either. I told him to relax a bit and use the propane grills as heaters with the windows gaped for air. He just told me I was an idiot because they can only be used outdoors. I just deleted him, Kinda hope it gets cold where he is.
    You should have told him to take about his attic to burn in his furnace/oven.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Now would be a good time to get a Mr.buddy and a few bottles of propane - for anyone not in that area.

I have been buying solar lights here and there. I recently got some 4x 4 outdoor lights with a motion detector. I set them in the window during the day and use them as night lights in the kitchen or bathroom. FYI - we don’t get much sun for days at a time and they still charge on cloudy days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are some of the other lights I have got. Some are battery operated and or electric chargeable, some all 3!

To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCannin View Post
    sounds like planned demolition!

Being off grid has its advantages!
    so does living in an RV with a 7 KW generator... gotta keep the fuel take level high tho; generator draws from same 75ga unleaded tank as RV's motor, but generator automatically shuts off if tank hits 25%, so that u don't suck it down to zero & be stranded!

BTW, do gas stations usu have a big generator somewhere, allowing their staying open selling gas during power outages?
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    so

BTW, do gas stations usu have a big generator somewhere, allowing their staying open selling gas during power outages?
    Most gas stations don’t have back up generator to power the pumps.
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

PatColo (15th February 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Not only that, any gas station pumping fuel when others are closed due to loss of power would soon be out of fuel from demand and no fuel delivery trucks on the road.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Just checked and I measured at least five inches of snow in western Travis county, so some parts of Travis county could have gotten more.
    Officially in the Austin area the total snow was 6.4" and some areas got as much as 8". Tomorrow night another 0.1-0.25 of ice and 3" more of snow predicted. Low temperature forecast tonight for Austin metro is 5* (4th lowest on record) with a wind chill warning in effect at -10* (never had a wind chill warning in central Texas). There will be at least a week of subfreezing conditions in central Texas before thawing out on Friday. I'm thinking my power is still on because I'm located in the vicinity of a .gov facility that cannot sustain a power outage or freeze damage (would actually be a huge disaster if that facility lost power so I'm certain it's being protected from any power outage), at least so far it's been uninterrupted.

Austin Energy has 41% of customers without electricity currently, (198,449) and overall in Texas 38% are without electricity. Wow.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

that's what i figured... the size generator they'd need would be so expensive for owner, & given no law requiring, nuff said!

so many ppl will be in a world of hurt in any sustained outage if no food/meds, car's tank down to fumes, & many/all of their necessary biz's closed anyways due to the same outage!
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

For some reason “Dark Winter” keeps coming to mind

I guess we were warned!

It is suppose to be colder in Texass tonight than it is at the Canada Montana border!