Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Entire Federal Reserve payment system CRASHES

Thanks

BREAKING: Entire Federal Reserve payment system CRASHES

BREAKING: Entire Federal Reserve payment system CRASHES with banks unable to send or receive wires

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-CRASHES.html

The Federal Reserve payment systems used to settle transactions between U.S. financial institutions have suffered a massive disruption due to an 'operational error'.

The system used by U.S. banks to execute some $3 trillion in transactions daily began suffering outages at around 11.15am on Wednesday, and remained out more than three hours later.

'Our technical teams have determined that the cause is a Federal Reserve operational error. We will provide updates via service status as more information becomes available,' the Fed said in a service alert at 2.14pm.

The backbone settlement service of the U.S. financial system, Fedwire, was among the systems impacted, and the Fed acknowledged that 'payment deadlines are impacted' by the disruption.

The potential impacts on consumer banking services were not immediately clear. A spokesperson for the Federal Reserve did not immediately respond to an inquiry from DailyMail.com.

'The Federal Reserve Bank staff is currently investigating a possible issue or disruption to multiple services,' the Fed first said in an alert at 12.43 pm.

An update at 1.18pm confirmed the disruption and added 'We will continue to provide updates as soon as they are available.'

Among the affected services was Fedwire, the system for large transfers between banks which last year handled 184 million transactions totaling more than $840 trillion.

Every day, transactions over Fedwire total more than $3.3 trillion, according to Fed data.

Other affected systems included FedACH, which generally handles smaller transactions, and The National Settlement Service, used by depository institutions with Federal Reserve Bank master accounts.

Every other transaction service maintained by the Fed was affected by the disruptions.

Applications for the Central Bank, the bank-of-banks where financial institutions deposit funds, were back online as of 2.17pm.

'We acknowledge that payment deadlines are impacted and will communicate remediation efforts to our customers when available,' the Fed said in a service alert. 'Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.'
    To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: BREAKING: Entire Federal Reserve payment system CRASHES

All is well. Probably a fat finger moment. /s
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Thanks

What is your point.?
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Shami has been right about investing in bitcoin and there was a time I could have bought a lot of them but didn't.

I'm not good with the computers and don't really understand buying and trading these digital coins. I've bought puts and calls for hedges to lock in the price of cattle and I bought silver.

The puts and calls on cattle prices made me money. The silver came up after I bought it and I sold half and got back the original purchase price.

I should probably try learning about these digital coins but I'm guessing it's probably to late to be getting involved because there are so many going after them and it looks to me now like a good way to lose a lot of money.

There are things that at some point are worth more than what ever kind of money you have. I've been investing in those over the years.

The fellow in this video below makes that point pretty well.

Shami will probably do well with his investing and I wish him well.

I believe there are words of wisdom spoken in this video and we all need to take heed of them.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (27th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Shami has been right about investing in bitcoin and there was a time I could have bought a lot of them but didn't.

I'm not good with the computers and don't really understand buying and trading these digital coins. I've bought puts and calls for hedges to lock in the price of cattle and I bought silver.

The puts and calls on cattle prices made me money. The silver came up after I bought it and I sold half and got back the original purchase price.

I should probably try learning about these digital coins but I'm guessing it's probably to late to be getting involved because there are so many going after them and it looks to me now like a good way to lose a lot of money.

There are things that at some point are worth more than what ever kind of money you have. I've been investing in those over the years.

The fellow in this video below makes that point pretty well.

Shami will probably do well with his investing and I wish him well.

I believe there are words of wisdom spoken in this video and we all need to take heed of them.

Developing a community will be paramount to your survival. The world, our country is becoming a dangerous place with democrats letting so many criminals out onto our streets and not prosecuting criminals of a certain race and ideology. Add to that the million diseased brutal criminals pouring across our border and now you have a recipe for an extremely dangerous environment. Two people cannot survive this scenario alone. Taking in a couple strangers will not be an option.
    As far as precious metals, the video poster assumes things will never improve after a collapse. At some point there will be a recovery and people will begin to trade for goods and services. You better have something to trade with. Bullets may be more valuable then gold or silver for a while. Buy you still have to look at the future and recovery when there is no longer a US currency to use.
    I feel fortunate to live in a county, on a cul de sac of 45 homes, each on 1 to 2 acre plots. So plenty of room to grow things and more vacant land around us. I've met most of my neighbors and we all wave to each other daily when driving in and out. The down side to where I live, is it's being invaded by growth. It was pretty rural when I moved here...it's changing quickly in the last couple years.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

"It was pretty rural when I moved here...it's changing quickly in the last couple years."

City folks moving to the country...ultimately change the country.

You never move away from prosperity (and it's related side effects of drugs and crime). You bring prosperity with you where ever you go.

If you are frustrated with close minded people where you came from likely you will find the same sort where you move to.

The only solution I can see is to become an astronaut and move to Mars. There you can live in a truly utopian colony by yourself.

Thanks

This was posted today on a fish, game and parks website..

“ FWP's online credit/debit card payment processor is currently experiencing a global system outage and unable to process transactions. They are working towards a solution as quick as possible. Customers can still visit a license provider or an FWP office for in-person sales.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (26th February 2021)

Thanks

GLOBAL OUTAGE OF VISA AND MASTERCARD - UPDATED 6:15 PM EST
    WORLD
    NEWS DESK
    26 FEBRUARY 2021
    HITS: 9992

GLOBAL OUTAGE OF VISA AND MASTERCARD - UPDATED 6:15 PM EST
    VISA and MASTERCARD are suffering what is being described as a "global outage" for anyone trying to use one of the cards to purchase anything, anywhere!

Just a day or so after the United States Federal Reserve reported a total outage of its FedWire and FedACH systems, which halted all money transfers between banks inside the Untied States, now the two major bank card systems are also suffering an "outage."

Clearly, something is wrong in the global financial system. These "outages" while brief, are signaling something is afoot.

As with the Fed outage the other day, this web site recommends you have CASH MONEY on-hand to tie you over this weekend, just in case. Head to an ATM and get some cash. Tank-up the fuel in your vehicle(s).

None of this is hard, or expensive, or difficult. But if you find yourself suddenly without bank cards to use . . . because their systems are down globally . . . then you'll be in a hard place without cash money.

Just a word to the wise.

UPDATE 6:15 PM EST

From a subscriber: "Yea was in grocery store and got in line to get checked out and they announced all credit card processing was down and could only accept CASH."

From another subscriber: "In NJ. Just went to two different stores, Visa not working."

From a general email contact form: "Ikea in Indiana had no ability to process cards. Super long lines and super unhappy customers."

This issue has begun making the mass-media news:

JUST IN: Problems with credit card outages are affecting areas up and down the East Coast. A Visa outage heat map shows hot spots from Boston to Atlanta, and many businesses in North Carolina are being affected as well. Here's what we know so far➡️ https://t.co/O899I5cHyZ

— FOX 46 Charlotte (@FOX46News) February 26, 2021
    Word from San Antonio, TX: "Just at Mc D's for "fast food Friday," her in SA , Texas We went to two of them and both only accepted cash, They can't take card or debit even. So must be true."

UPDATE 7:15 PM EST --

From a listener: "just came from burger king, cash only."

link

I just ordered something on line and it went thru with a visa
    Last edited by ImaCannin; 26th February 2021 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Ad on

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (26th February 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Two stores in Arizona. One accepted plastic but ran a backup strip (haven't seen one used in ten years). The other store cash only.

Plastic still worked at Walmart.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

ImaCannin (26th February 2021)