Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Short of breath, not sure what to do

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Real Short of breath, not sure what to do

For about 10 months, maybe longer been short of breath. I do smoke about 5-7 home rolled cigarettes a day without that fire safe paper crap.

I got a cold a while back, turned from sinus to throat to chest. Thought I got that gone but the chest thing never went away. No other symptoms. Cough up clear foamy shyt, never any other color. Seems like it's foamy and chokes the fuck out of me. Stupidest shit I know I will type. I go out for a smoke and cough a couple times and spit that out and I feel fine.

But it remains, day after day. Licorice tea kinda helped but wife stopped making it (first sign). Just kidding, not sure what to try or where to go. Jogging not an option since I cant breathe.

The whole world seems to be closed and getting any answers are under wraps. My doc's and nurses tell me they are not allowed to tell me anything anymore. I am not going to a hospital, nope never. Unless I break a bone or something.

WTF is this?

Seriously anything that helps me breathe.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Real Short of breath, not sure what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    For about 10 months, maybe longer been short of breath. I do smoke about 5-7 home rolled cigarettes a day without that fire safe paper crap.

I got a cold a while back, turned from sinus to throat to chest. Thought I got that gone but the chest thing never went away. No other symptoms. Cough up clear foamy shyt, never any other color. Seems like it's foamy and chokes the fuck out of me. Stupidest shit I know I will type. I go out for a smoke and cough a couple times and spit that out and I feel fine.

But it remains, day after day. Licorice tea kinda helped but wife stopped making it (first sign). Just kidding, not sure what to try or where to go. Jogging not an option since I cant breathe.

The whole world seems to be closed and getting any answers are under wraps. My doc's and nurses tell me they are not allowed to tell me anything anymore. I am not going to a hospital, nope never. Unless I break a bone or something.

WTF is this?

Seriously anything that helps me breathe.
    You may have emphysema and/or anemia. There are other less common possibilities. In any event the good news is you can rebuild your lungs and your body. Commit to quitting tobacco (ween off over time can be done easily using supplements) and commit to a strict diet with supplements. Research the dietary recommendations of Dr. Joel Wallach on Youtube. I can assure you that if you strictly adhere to his recommendations you will experience significant symptomatic improvement within a few weeks and virtual recovery within a year.

In the short term supplements that improve oxygen delivery to and ameliorate oxidative damage (from smoking) to the tissues include natural vitamin E, selenium, vitamin C and shilajit mineral tar. Also, shortness of breath can be secondary to heart failure. The latter usually responds to megadose thiamine (Vitamin B1), say 20-100 times the RDA. Never take a single B vitamin without taking a full B-complex supplement with the thiamine.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (27th February 2021),expat4ever (28th February 2021),ImaCannin (26th February 2021),midnight rambler (25th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    You may have emphysema and/or anemia. There are other less common possibilities. In any event the good news is you can rebuild your lungs and your body. Commit to quitting tobacco (ween off over time can be done easily using supplements) and commit to a strict diet with supplements. Research the dietary recommendations of Dr. Joel Wallach on Youtube. I can assure you that if you strictly adhere to his recommendations you will experience significant symptomatic improvement within a few weeks and virtual recovery within a year.

In the short term supplements that improve oxygen delivery to and ameliorate oxidative damage (from smoking) to the tissues include natural vitamin E, selenium, vitamin C and shilajit mineral tar. Also, shortness of breath can be secondary to heart failure. The latter usually responds to megadose thiamine (Vitamin B1), say 20-100 times the RDA. Never take a single B vitamin without taking a full B-complex supplement with the thiamine.
    All good recommendations, and I'd include one more supplement which is N-Acetyl Cysteine (also called NAC). It's key role is to help the body build its most powerful Antioxidant Glutathione. There have also been studies shown that it has helped improve those suffering from COPD which you sound like you might be in the beginning stages of.

Just take a single 600mg pill a day of NAC, along with the recommendations that Mamboni provided with a change in diet and that should go a long way in helping you breath better.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (28th February 2021),Cebu_4_2 (27th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,634 Times in 3,208 Posts

I have no useful information, but I wish for you get to feeling well soon Cebu.

Maybe liquor and whores?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P13dfEKK6_Y
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Thanks people, I have some shilat tar on my desk from days gone by will start to use it again. I have started a B complex that seems to really help. Just ordered some NAC also. Seems like a chest infection that just never went away. Other than that I am very well.

I will give this all some time and see where I am at. They say it sucks getting old but I will never get old lol...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

expat4ever (28th February 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I have no useful information, but I wish for you get to feeling well soon Cebu.
    Maybe liquor and whores?
    Beer and hookers since I quit my evil ways...

https://youtu.be/K8a9eqkSqM8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

I notice that vit D3, improves my oxygen uptake.

I routinely take 10,000 iu per day and when I feel it's slipping, I take 100 to 150,000 iu's. As a precaution I take vit K2 with it especially for the high doses.

D mobilizes calcium and K2 steers it to the bones and out of the tissues.
    Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were Germans. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to concentration camp kapos.

http://www.controversyofzion.info/

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Take a couple tablespoons of blackstrap molasses a day.
    It contains high levels of easily absorbable iron, which iron deficiency is usually what leads to anemia.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

zinc vit c d3 cal mag ... sounds like u have the rona. I had it and dang! i couldnt catch my breath and was taking honks from one of those oxygen canisters they sell in all the high elevation places. Mamboni is priceless, a real dr. in the house!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

mamboni (26th February 2021)