Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best Buys at the Moment

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: The Best Buys at the Moment

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I did pick up a bag of LTC, so thanks for that.

Looks like bitcoin doesn't want to go down. Should be an interesting week. Big treasury auction on Wednesday, should move the market one way or the other.

What do you think about Ethereum? Looks like it could be on the verge of a major breakout. I don't have any eth myself.
    I have mixed feelings on Ethereum.

It could be the world computer, or the new MySpace. I could go either way depending how things shake out in the next few months.

The price of Ethereum dumped hard recently since miners were protesting the votes to reduce gas fees. A lot of rich people are accumulating Ethereum though so it's hard to say what it's future is.

My personal strategy was to simply have equal amounts of dollars invested in Ethereum, Polkadot, and Cardano.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (10th March 2021)

Thanks

If you had bought $1000 worth of Bitcoin in late 2015, that investment now would be worth over $200,000. That's a full 200x increase!

Unfortunately, as the price of Bitcoin is now north of $56,000, it is too late to get that kind of return with Bitcoin. But what if I told you there is another crypto currency that is still in its early stages and still relatively unknown? And what if I told you that this particular crypto currency will be potentially worth more than a Bitcoin is 5-10 years?

This coin is called Monero (XMR), and many experts are now saying it is bound to be bigger than Bitcoin. Unlike Bitcoin, it is completely private, secure, fungible, and untraceable. Because of that, it recently replaced Bitcoin as the main current on the Dark Web. Since criminals have adopted it, it is now only a matter of time before regular people do as well for everyday transactions.

Remember, criminals were the first group to use telephones, fast cars, and crypto currencies. Since their livelihoods and freedoms depend on technology, they are always the first to adopt the newest and the best.

Monero's price is currently going up fast. If you don't want to miss out you better hurry up and buy. The price is only around $340, but will go up to $60,000 or more with time, just like Bitcoin did. Buying Monero now is like buying Bitcoin at $340. Even a small investment could set you up and your family for generational wealth.

To learn more follow the Monero thread here:
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...o-Atomic-Swaps
    Check daily on the official Monero threads "/XMR/ Monero General" on /biz/ -- there's always at least 1 active.
    https://boards.4channel.org/biz/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (18th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,383 Times in 2,414 Posts

Does it make sense to convert some other cryptos into XMR?

Or in other words, what percentage of a total portfolio would you recommend having as xmr? Tough question I know.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,383 Times in 2,414 Posts

I agree, it seems that XMR may supplant BTC. It is useful to try to come up with counterpoints, and the one case where I think that Bitcoin may remain dominant is replacing the dollar in international trade.

It seems that a transparent blockchain could be a benefit at the nation state level. I could be wrong, but the transparent block chain allows countries to establish what their reserves are to be able to issue currency against their reserves, maybe it would help to serve as a basis to issue debt against.

On the flip side, as soon as a nation wants to spend beyond their means, then they would also need to conceal the actual amount of reserves they truly have. So I could go either way, but I do think that Bitcoin reserves may end up being the ultimate show of power and credibility a nation can achieve.

Bitcoin doesn’t make sense for personal wealth though. Too much liability.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Does it make sense to convert some other cryptos into XMR?

Or in other words, what percentage of a total portfolio would you recommend having as xmr? Tough question I know.
    It's a hard call. I don't think XMR will have it's true run this bull run this cycle, but the next one.
    I recommend selling whatever isn't an crypto oscillator by October (unless market conditions changed that's when I'm exiting out at the moment.)

It's simply all I'm buying now.

There's been a giant shift recently on the Dark Web and /biz/. Everyone's switching to XMR. I didn't really "get it" until now. I see how things can shift towards this now.

Basically /biz/ has always been the blood pulse of what's to come in crypto. The fact people are going hysterical about accumulating as much Monero as possible in the past couple months raised alarm bells, and then I see the new direction of things.

I'm converting whatever I purchased a long time ago that doesn't have a paper trail for whatever reason (like stuff from Mt. Gox and BTC-e that got shut down.) Also anything extra from my business that I would save goes all into XMR now.

Daily use and transaction volume for XMR is absolutely exploding now, and actually cutting into Bitcoin's transactions. Bitcoin maximalists don't know what's going to hit them.
    https://i.postimg.cc/QdQbXz4S/image.png

The price is retardedly undervalued compared to actual usage, but I think will it steadily go up, then pull an XRP or Dogecoin where it explodes overnight. This would likely happen when Atomic Swaps get built directly into the Monero wallets themselves. Any Monero bought under $1,000 is a steal with what's happening.

The transactions now are a fraction of a penny and it's fungible like physical Dollars or Gold.

Percentage wise hold at least 10% XMR. I'm dollar cost averaging right now. That helps keep you under the radar anyways.
    I hope to get to 20-30% in the medium term. I want to try to get it without a paper trail, or in a way that breaks chain analytics. Do this since it's likely Monero will become illegal to buy and/or hold. Don't worry though, since with Atomic Swaps this won't matter.

Understand this: Monero is the true Cypherpunk money. The people behind it aren't trying to get rich, they are trying to liberate humanity. They are freedom Absolutists who can't be bought. You can do both if you invest in it in my opinion. These are like the new Thomas Jeffersons of the digital age.

tl;dr:
    https://i.postimg.cc/Yqt3yDLK/1618605312004.png

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (18th April 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Monero bought under $1,000 is a steal with what's happening.
    I'm only buying Monero right now and have been converting a lot of crypto from 2011 - 2017 to Monero.

I'll let you guys know until further notice. I'll be continuously buying Monero till the price hits $1,000.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

latter ~half of this Apr 25 Jeff Berwick vid is mostly crypto talk, emphasis on the privacy coins

Is The Covaids Insanity Actually Getting Worse?

he has two newer vids I haven't watched yet; they've been getting longer, averaging ~80 mins

BC channel https://www.bitchute.com/channel/DkNYbFJKDPpX/
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (30th April 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    latter ~half of this Apr 25 Jeff Berwick vid is mostly crypto talk, emphasis on the privacy coins
    You can see why I'm going crazy for them lately.

I honestly am just sticking with Monero for now. It's the only thing used on the Dark Web now. Pirate Chain is mostly a pump and dump at this point and the tech is inferior. Also the mining situation is a joke since it uses ASICs. Anyone can mine Monero with their home computer CPU. It's actually the easiest mainstream cryptocurrencies every day people can mine. Cake Wallet is looking into possibly developing a way to use old cell phones into Monero nodes and miners. I have first hand interactions with them so I know this.

Pirate Chain still can go up massively, but I only see people actively using Monero. The Monero community is honestly the most fun crypto communities I've been apart of with the best memes. It's unique since these people aren't in it for profit, they really are in it to promote freedom and ending governmental tyranny. I believe now Monero is the key to ending Globohomo once and for all. I'm not joking.

My target for Monero is $10,000 in the next 5 years. I've never felt so bullish for something in so long. The best part is you never need to cash out, you can spend it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

PatColo (30th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

^ not sure if u watched Jeff B's spiel I pointed to, but he did spend some time on the (jooz).gov risk factor -- ex: hackers extorting Apple, & JSM's coverage of it, hinting at privacy coin users being portrayed as ter'sts, setting stage for the jooz.gov shutting down said privacy coins somehow.

Max Igan is dubious re cryptos... some were gifted to him the past couple years, & he's bullish near/mid-term, but notes the "internet risk"... IE if the dinjoo-nuffins take down the 'net, where do crypto holders stand??

I recall a John McAfee vid ~2y ago, saying if BTC didn't hit $1M/coin by the end of last year, he'd "eat his dick" -- any word on if he followed thru on that threat? But he did also recommend monero in that vid... I'd have to look up monero's price at that time.

edit: McAfee was doing some alt-media interviews in Aug '19, where I'm sure he mentioned/reco'd monero. Would look to find out monero's price then, Aug '19.

Thread: John McAfee interview with VLTV - arrests, cryptos, POTUS run

^ one of those yidtube ch's was since gassed, but the other one remains... I vaguely remember him reco'ing monero in both.

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

I genuinely hate McAfee, but mainly since he screwed me out of six figures in Ghost coin, which was his pump and dump scam. It was similar to how Pirate Chain is now, which I'm super weary of it. I think him doing that turned the privacy community against him and why he's in jail now since he financially screwed over a lot of people. I think someone in our community tipped off the government as a screw you to McAfee. The Ghost community was as big as the Pirate community is now, and the entire community now hates McAfee. Jeff Berwick doesn't understand this aspect but I do since I've dealt with McAfee and a lot of his "people" (most have turned against him) a lot over the past year.

This interview with him about Monero is generally accurate. His time tables are wrong but his ideas are correct in my opinion.

Note that the YouTube channel this is from is a more popular channel that was called Bitcoin 101 for years, but now just became Monero 101. A lot of Bitcoin OGs are turning into Monero people.

That being said you cannot stop privacy coins, especially when atomic swaps are becoming mainstream. I do see the Feds coming after all public figures associated with privacy coins. This includes Fluffy Pony (the main public figure behind Monero) and the dude who runs Cake Wallet. Monero is the biggest threat to the fiat currencies and bankers in human history.

Most things that are advertised as privacy coins are not, ESPECIALLY ZCash and Dash (those are fakes). Monero, Pirate Chain, and Wownero are all legitimate, but I only view Monero as the only project that is serious and will last.

tl;dr -- 99% of cryptocurrencies are scams. Invest in top caps, and speculate on low caps.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

PatColo (1st May 2021)