Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: father in hospital, I think they are going to kill him

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: father in hospital, I think they are going to kill him

Amanda, you or your mother need medical power of attorney now.

Get an attorney and start throwing paperwork at them asap.

I hope your father and mother make it through this terrible ordeal.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Amanda (14th March 2021),Spun Gold (14th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

For myself when I'm feeling run down with low energy and in need of oxygen a dose of about 150,000 IU's of D3, coupled with about 500 micrograms of K2, will be instant relief. Takes about half an hour and I feel back to normal.

https://drsircus.com/cancer/vitamin-...-d-treatments/

One study on vitamin D used as high as 540,000 units for severe lung disease.[1]

High dose vitamin D administration in ventilated intensive care unit patients has also been studied using 50,000 IU vitamin D3 or 100,000 IU vitamin D3 daily for 5 consecutive days (total vitamin D3 dose = 250,000 IU or 500,000 IU, respectively) without an cause for alarm.[2]

One company in the USA makes tablets that are 50,000 and recommended as high as four a day (200,000 units for four days) for at risk patients. Now because of the FDA oppression they will not make such recommendations.

Again from the Mayo Clinic: Vitamin D toxicity, characterized by hypercalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, and suppression of parathyroid hormone, is usually observed when intakes are excessively high, in the range of more than 50,000 to 1 million IU of vitamin D per day and are maintained long-term for several months to years. Meaning a cancer patient, who is desperately trying to reverse their spreading cancer, could safely take 500,000 units a day for first week, 400,000 units for second week, 300,000 units for third week and 50,000 units a day from there after without even touching the toxicity of any form of chemotherapy.

When using a full protocol the need for ultra high dosages of Vitamin D for long extended periods of time would be reduced because other substances with similarly low toxicities would also be used at very high dosages. Thus one can easily imagine safe intakes of 100,000 to 200,000 units a day for two to three weeks without need for reduction.

Taking one 50,000 IU capsule of Vitamin D3 every two weeks will result in 80% of adults bringing their blood levels to above 40 nanograms/ millliliter, an optimal level for good health. A 50,000 IU capsule is the equivalent of amount of vitamin D from sunbathing for 3 days in a sunny climate. The skin produces approximately 10,000 IU vitamin D in response to 20–30 minutes of full body summer sun exposure—50 times more than the US government’s recommendation of 200 IU per day.

https://riordanclinic.org/2013/10/vitamins-d3-and-k2-the-dynamic-duo/

D3:K2—The Birth of a Superhero Combo

Speaking of teamwork, vitamin D3’s natural partner is vitamin K2. The genius of this combo begins with proper respect for D3’s function of powerfully enhancing calcium absorption. Recent research has shown that excessive calcium intake alone can be harmful to the body. The additional calcium must be correctly utilized or it can show up in the wrong places and cause disease.

This is how very high doses of cholecalciferol kills rodents: excessive calcium uptake, deposition, and interference with normal cardiac and renal function. By conscientiously using vitamin K2 in conjunction with D3, this issue of “metastatic calcium” is thoroughly avoided.

These are excerpts, there is more detail

As we explore the healing power of higher doses of vitamin D3 at the Riordan Clinic, we have found it prudent to partner the safety and effectiveness of this dynamic duo. For every 5,000–10,000 units of D3 being recommended and tested for, we are recommending 100 mcg of K2 mk7 to be sure and prevent the inappropriate calcification that higher doses of D3 alone could cause.

Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were Germans. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to concentration camp kapos.

http://www.controversyofzion.info/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

Amanda (14th March 2021),Cebu_4_2 (12th March 2021),JDRock (29th July 2021),Spun Gold (14th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Wow forgot about K2. Thanks man.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 2,604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Amanda, you or your mother need medical power of attorney now.

Get an attorney and start throwing paperwork at them asap.

I hope your father and mother make it through this terrible ordeal.

Thanks. I believe my mother has power of attorney, but I don't know if she has invoked that (not sure how that works)--I'll remind her of that.

Yes, I'll talk with her about an attorney.

Tonight my father said to me "this place makes death look attractive"--And I promise you, he was NOT in anyway thinking about death prior to getting to that hell-hole death factory.

So, we have a lot of work to do. We are stuck because of this oxygen issue. Our primary care doctor has not returned the call (when this is pretty much an urgent situation). She never got back to us, so we are assuming that she talked with the doctors at the hospital and they are probably telling her he's in dire straits and will die if he leaves the hospital (again, he was NOT like this prior to going there). Before he broke his shoulder, he was totally able-bodied, out and about, doing his errands, helping my mother with grocery shopping. He always parked far away because he didn't want people to dent his car, so he had no issues with walking or getting short of breath- he just had a cane for balance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

osoab (12th March 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    For myself when I'm feeling run down with low energy and in need of oxygen a dose of about 150,000 IU's of D3, coupled with about 500 micrograms of K2, will be instant relief. Takes about half an hour and I feel back to normal.

https://drsircus.com/cancer/vitamin-...-d-treatments/

One study on vitamin D used as high as 540,000 units for severe lung disease.[1]

High dose vitamin D administration in ventilated intensive care unit patients has also been studied using 50,000 IU vitamin D3 or 100,000 IU vitamin D3 daily for 5 consecutive days (total vitamin D3 dose = 250,000 IU or 500,000 IU, respectively) without an cause for alarm.[2]

One company in the USA makes tablets that are 50,000 and recommended as high as four a day (200,000 units for four days) for at risk patients. Now because of the FDA oppression they will not make such recommendations.

Again from the Mayo Clinic: Vitamin D toxicity, characterized by hypercalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, and suppression of parathyroid hormone, is usually observed when intakes are excessively high, in the range of more than 50,000 to 1 million IU of vitamin D per day and are maintained long-term for several months to years. Meaning a cancer patient, who is desperately trying to reverse their spreading cancer, could safely take 500,000 units a day for first week, 400,000 units for second week, 300,000 units for third week and 50,000 units a day from there after without even touching the toxicity of any form of chemotherapy.

When using a full protocol the need for ultra high dosages of Vitamin D for long extended periods of time would be reduced because other substances with similarly low toxicities would also be used at very high dosages. Thus one can easily imagine safe intakes of 100,000 to 200,000 units a day for two to three weeks without need for reduction.

Taking one 50,000 IU capsule of Vitamin D3 every two weeks will result in 80% of adults bringing their blood levels to above 40 nanograms/ millliliter, an optimal level for good health. A 50,000 IU capsule is the equivalent of amount of vitamin D from sunbathing for 3 days in a sunny climate. The skin produces approximately 10,000 IU vitamin D in response to 20–30 minutes of full body summer sun exposure—50 times more than the US government’s recommendation of 200 IU per day.

https://riordanclinic.org/2013/10/vitamins-d3-and-k2-the-dynamic-duo/

D3:K2—The Birth of a Superhero Combo

Speaking of teamwork, vitamin D3’s natural partner is vitamin K2. The genius of this combo begins with proper respect for D3’s function of powerfully enhancing calcium absorption. Recent research has shown that excessive calcium intake alone can be harmful to the body. The additional calcium must be correctly utilized or it can show up in the wrong places and cause disease.

This is how very high doses of cholecalciferol kills rodents: excessive calcium uptake, deposition, and interference with normal cardiac and renal function. By conscientiously using vitamin K2 in conjunction with D3, this issue of “metastatic calcium” is thoroughly avoided.

These are excerpts, there is more detail

As we explore the healing power of higher doses of vitamin D3 at the Riordan Clinic, we have found it prudent to partner the safety and effectiveness of this dynamic duo. For every 5,000–10,000 units of D3 being recommended and tested for, we are recommending 100 mcg of K2 mk7 to be sure and prevent the inappropriate calcification that higher doses of D3 alone could cause.

Thanks for this - very interesting!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (12th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Thanks. I believe my mother has power of attorney, but I don't know if she has invoked that (not sure how that works)--I'll remind her of that.

Yes, I'll talk with her about an attorney.

Tonight my father said to me "this place makes death look attractive"--And I promise you, he was NOT in anyway thinking about death prior to getting to that hell-hole death factory.

So, we have a lot of work to do. We are stuck because of this oxygen issue. Our primary care doctor has not returned the call (when this is pretty much an urgent situation). She never got back to us, so we are assuming that she talked with the doctors at the hospital and they are probably telling her he's in dire straits and will die if he leaves the hospital (again, he was NOT like this prior to going there). Before he broke his shoulder, he was totally able-bodied, out and about, doing his errands, helping my mother with grocery shopping. He always parked far away because he didn't want people to dent his car, so he had no issues with walking or getting short of breath- he just had a cane for balance.
    You need to act fast. I would expect them to use the psych excuse if he is talking death.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Amanda (14th March 2021),Spun Gold (14th March 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

forgot to add-

was there tonight, and all over that hospital are signs "Heroes work here" - so apparently they believe their own BS

I've never seen such horrible care. He pushes the nurse button, and nobody comes, so he has to call me or my mom and then we call the nurses station.
    When they bring his food, he needs them to readjust him in the bed, so he's up and can reach the tray. Yet each time, they never do this, so the food just sits there. And by the time they get around to doing this one minute task, the food is cold and he doesn't want to eat it. So he hasn't been eating much, which is probably contributing to him getting weaker. So far we've been bringing bananas, grapes and blueberries, just to get some nutrition in there. We also have those Naked Juices, which seem to have lots of calories. Maybe we'll get those Boost drinks, which also have calories.

Tomorrow, there is supposed to be a patient advocate/social worker on site, so my mother is going to try to talk with her.

Not sure where we go from here. My father is so tired of fighting these people that it at times seems like he's giving in to their will (tonight he said "this place makes death look attractive"). And we feel trapped, like we are being held hostage, since nobody will give him a prescription for oxygen and they are telling us that he will die without it (which scares my mother). But we don't even know if we can trust them because they lied about the dehydration issue on Wed night (when he was so dehydrated because nobody gave him any water for 2 days and started getting a weird sensation of his body being disoriented in space). The nurse lied and said that it was because he took off his oxygen. But that's simply NOT true, I was on the phone with him as this was happening and was an ear witness to him saying "wow, one glass of water and now everything is oriented right again." It was dehydration, but these lying nurses take no responsibility for their negligence.

And we don't even get what caused him to suddenly need oxygen. He was fine until he got there, so what did they do to him?

And nobody even explained the risks and possible complications of this procedure to him and my mother. I think that if he gets it done he might need to be on rat poison Heparin for the rest of his life, which my father doesn't know about. IMO, they are steam-rolling over him and taking advantage of an elderly person.

If it wasn't for the oxygen, we would just get him out of there. We got my mother out of the hospital AMA when they wanted to take her gallbladder and she's fine now (5 years ago), yet they tried to scare her, make her think she was going to die if she didn't get her inflamed gall bladder removed.

Maybe my father just has to say that he wants to go home and die with his wife and family nearby.

Maybe we need to probe this need for oxygen further and test it out. I think my father might have said to me tonight that when he pulls the oxygen out, he feels fine. I didn't pursue it because I was busy getting all the supplements in. But maybe we need to have him take out the oxygen for a half hour and see what happens. Maybe they are exaggerating about how he will die without it. I honestly don't know anything about oxygen levels.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (12th March 2021),osoab (12th March 2021),Spun Gold (14th March 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

I honestly don't know anything about oxygen levels.
    Run down to your local pharmacy and get these two items -

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-...-prodid-814854

https://abbottnutrition.com/ensure-plus-nutrition-shake

Ensure Plus comes in a few flavors and will definitely get him some nutrition.

A pulse oximeter can be used by a 6 y.o., nothing to it, it simply lightly clamps on any finger (I'm sure they already have one on him if they're claiming low O2, that's typically how they measure someone's O2 level). It measures pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation level. If your dad is above 90 on his blood oxygen saturation level when off O2 I suggest you confront whomever is blocking his discharge with that info. Below 90 they can claim they are treating him, above 90 he's fine and doesn't need O2. Of course all the consumer grade pulse oximeters are made in China so there can be defective units among any brand/vendor while other units work just fine. Suggest you check it for consistency on you and your mom. I have 3-4 different ones I ordered via feebay, at least one of those is not consistent with the others.

What is a pulse oximeter?

A pulse oximeter is a handheld, clip-like electronic device designed to measure the oxygen level of your blood, and your heart rate. Although sometimes considered a heart rate monitor, it is somewhat different.

How does a pulse oximeter work?

A pulse oximeter works by shining small beams of light into the skin and measuring the amount that passes through the blood. The sensor calculates the level of oxygen available since oxygenated and deoxygenated blood absorbs light to different degrees. The process is non-invasive and get you results quickly.

What does a pulse oximeter measure?

One of the many essential functions of blood is absorbing oxygen from the air breathed in through the lungs, and carrying it to cells via the blood vessels. A pulse oximeter measures the oxygen saturation levels in your blood. It is a way to check how well the heart is pumping oxygen throughout your body. It also measures your heart rate.

How to read a pulse oximeter?

To get the most accurate reading, follow the directions on the package closely. There are two numbers on the screen: The oxygen saturation percentage is above, and the heart rate shown below as beats-per-minute. A saturation level of 95-100% is considered normal for typical healthy individuals.

Are pulse oximeters accurate?

Oxygen level readings by a pulse oximeter are typically with a margin of 2% over or under what the number would be when measured by arterial gas saturation testing method. For example, if the reading is 93% on the pulse oximeter, the actual oxygen level might be somewhere between 91 to 95%. Keep your hands still during the measurement. Body motion or temperature can impact accuracy. Readings may be less accurate if a person is wearing nail polish or artificial nails, and places the sensor over the nail. Accuracy can also be affected by cold hands or poor circulation.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Amanda (14th March 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Run down to your local pharmacy and get these two items -

https://abbottnutrition.com/ensure-plus-nutrition-shake

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...089451-product

Ensure Plus comes in a few flavors and will definitely get him some nutrition.

A pulse oximeter can be used by a 6 y.o., nothing to it, it simply lightly clamps on any finger (I'm sure they already have one on him if they're claiming low O2, that's how they're measuring his O2 level. If your dad is above 90 on the pulse oximeter when off O2 I suggest you confront whomever is blocking his discharge with that info. Below 90 they can claim they are treating him, above 90 he's fine and doesn't necessarily need O2.

Thank you so much!!! This is VERY HELPFUL! Will do this tomorrow.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Thank you so much!!! This is VERY HELPFUL! Will do this tomorrow.
    Check my edited post, changed the recommendation from Walgreens to a pulse oximeter at CVS plus added some info. Bad reviews for the Walgreens pulse oximeter.

I CANNOT believe they won't adjust his bed for him so he can eat.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

18. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Amanda (14th March 2021)