Thread: Garden 2021

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

Garden 2021

Anyone started? I will have seedlings out in a week. Onions arrive in a fortnight.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: Garden 2021

Not yet. Thinking about getting a greenhouse. Need to make more raised beds; lots of work.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Not yet. Thinking about getting a greenhouse. Need to make more raised beds; lots of work.
    Depending on your tastes, this is one idea for budget and height. Especially if you can get them free. Might need a trip to the car wash.

https://davesgarden.com/guides/artic...-grow-potatoes

Wood and steel are obscenely too high unless you can get it for free.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

4. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

woodman (31st March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

I am going to start tomatoes and peppers this week. It is still too cold to plant anything outdoors yet. I'll plant peas and lettuce in a couple of weeks
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks

I will start peppers in a week or so. Maters a week after that. I don't like to plant nightshades before mothers day.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

Thanks

I will recommend Boogie Brew. https://www.boogiebrew.net/

I think it is good stuff. Been using it for 5+ years. Stuff is still good after that time. Just ordered another batch and got it in 4 days. It does take effort and a bit of equipment, but the plants love it.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Hope to plant the remainder of my broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage in a few days.

Calling sub 25 next few nights. No need rushing it.

Peas just started pushing out. Not bad for 10 year old seed.

48 peppers and 16 more basil started. Using some saved pepper seed.

Start tomatoes after new moon.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken