Thread: Need veterans on crypto

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Need veterans on crypto

I want to play with 500 dollars

Need info on the best app and the best place to " hold" it

I keep hearing about coinbase to buy

Any thoughts?
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Need veterans on crypto

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Titan View Post
    I want to play with 500 dollars

Need info on the best app and the best place to " hold" it

I keep hearing about coinbase to buy

Any thoughts?
    Coinbase would be your entry point for sure. They are U.S. based, trusted and can connect to your bank. However it does take about a week to complete a transaction as they hold your crypto until the bank wire clears. After that you can do what you want, keep it in the Exchange or transfer it to a decentralized Exchange such as Waves.

But you have to really look and only invest in a crypto you feel comfortable with. Stay away from Dogecoin, it's a pump and dump meme coin.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Coinbase would be your entry point for sure. They are U.S. based, trusted and can connect to your bank. However it does take about a week to complete a transaction as they hold your crypto until the bank wire clears. After that you can do what you want, keep it in the Exchange or transfer it to a decentralized Exchange such as Waves.

But you have to really look and only invest in a crypto you feel comfortable with. Stay away from Dogecoin, it's a pump and dump meme coin.

It's funny you say avoid dodge.....

That was exactly the one I was looking at.

The reason being..... I was there the day bitcoin crashed to zero.

If my ass played with 500 bucks I dont even want to think about.

I had a buddy tell me to buy ethrum when it was 30 bucks.

I almost shit myself when saw what it was trading at

I got 500 bucks for dodge.

I've spent more on way stupider

It wont ever go to the moon...but I do see a point when it" stabilizes "

I can definitely see 5 dollar and at that point sharks will come and mania will push it above 30 bucks after that only the big boys are going to get there money.

All the trading platforms are going to crash because of the volatility will be at quantum levels

I don't care I would have long ditched after 10 dollar dodge

Dodge is reaching PT Barnum infamy

And it's only a matter of time before the mania starts
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Titan View Post
    It's funny you say avoid dodge.....

That was exactly the one I was looking at.

The reason being..... I was there the day bitcoin crashed to zero.

If my ass played with 500 bucks I dont even want to think about.

I had a buddy tell me to buy ethrum when it was 30 bucks.

I almost shit myself when saw what it was trading at

I got 500 bucks for dodge.

I've spent more on way stupider

It wont ever go to the moon...but I do see a point when it" stabilizes "

I can definitely see 5 dollar and at that point sharks will come and mania will push it above 30 bucks after that only the big boys are going to get there money.

All the trading platforms are going to crash because of the volatility will be at quantum levels

I don't care I would have long ditched after 10 dollar dodge

Dodge is reaching PT Barnum infamy

And it's only a matter of time before the mania starts
    Doge generates 10,000 new coins a minute, it's highly inflationary and was literally started as a joke. Even the creators called it a meme coin upon it's release. That is not a coin you want to buy and hold. If you're looking for steady gains you can always buy Tezos, or Polkadot at Kraken (also a U.S. based exchange that is solid). Which you can stake and make a consistent 8 to 15% or so return on investment. Same with Waves.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Follow my guide here on getting Monero:
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...Monero-General

1. Setup a Coinbase account.
    2. Buy Litecoin.
    3. Download Cake Wallet on your phone.
    4. Use Cake Wallet to swap Litecoin to Monero.

When it comes to investing always buy the NEXT BIG THING. Don't buy what's hot RIGHT NOW (Dogecoin, DeFi, and NFTs). Most people do that and lose money to people who get early into things. You MUST get early into something before everyone else catches on to become wealthy.
    That's what Privacy Coins are. Only buy Monero right now since it's the most undervalued thing with the most upside potential. Buying Monero now is like buying Bitcoin under $1000.
    Buy low, sell high.

Here's the Daily Stormers official guide to buy Monero. Andrew Anglin has been surviving entirely on Monero for years with the US government and Globohomo trying to track him down and do what they did to cypherpunk Julian Assange.
    https://archive.is/jUoSt
    https://dailystormer.su/support-the-...d-send-monero/

I want to stress this: I bought ALL my Bitcoin and Altcoins A YEAR AGO. That is why I don't recommend people to buy them now. People who bought recently are down a ton due to the recent Bitcoin crash, but I'm still up a ton since I bought in early. Bitcoin could still dump down to $20K with what the charts are saying (it likely would jump straight up from there since it's already crazy oversold.) You're still early on Monero.

If you MUST not get Monero, get Polkadot/Kusama at least. Those are the best plays in the DeFi space.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Amanda (2nd June 2021),Twisted Titan (3rd August 2021)

Thanks

Doge generates 10,000 new coins a minute, it's highly inflationary and was literally started as a joke. Even the creators called it a meme coin upon it's release. That is not a coin you want to buy and hold. If you're looking for steady gains you can always buy Tezos, or Polkadot at Kraken (also a U.S. based exchange that is solid). Which you can stake and make a consistent 8 to 15% or so return on investment. Same with Waves.

Basically this but no one uses Tezos or Waves. They are dead chains.

Follow this Twitter profile, it documents what projects are actually developing things.
    https://twitter.com/ProofofGitHub

GitHub Monthly Development Activity:

First place medal: 412 Cardano
    Second place medal: 396 Kusama
    Third place medal: 396 Polkadot-new
    #4: 269 Ethereum
    #5: 258 Gnosis-gno
    #6: 226 Solana
    #7: 199 Trust-wallet-token
    #8: 189 Status
    #9: 158 Iota
    #10: 151 Elrond-egld
    Polkadot/Kusama, Cardano, and Ethereum top out weekly with the most developers. Polkadot/Kusama are more undervalued out of those though so they're the best buy.
    Keep in mind Polkadot/Kusama are the SAME PROJECT, so you add them together. It actually has the most developers right now of ANYTHING in crypto.

Polkadot/Kusama are the only things that are worth buying right now outside of Monero/Pirate Chain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Follow my guide here on getting Monero:
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...Monero-General

Basically this but no one uses Tezos or Waves. They are dead chains.
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. There are almost triple the transactions on the Waves blockchain than there are on the Monero blockchain.

Monero Transactions historical chart
    Number of transactions in blockchain per day | 20,553
    https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison...nsactions.html

Waves Transactions per day | 59,232
    http://dev.pywaves.org/transactions

So to say they are dead chains is a little disingenuous. If you don't want to research the Waves chain that's on you. Don't dismiss it due to ignorance.

1. Setup a Coinbase account.
    2. Buy Litecoin.
    3. Download Cake Wallet on your phone.
    4. Use Cake Wallet to swap Litecoin to Monero.

When it comes to investing always buy the NEXT BIG THING. Don't buy what's hot RIGHT NOW (Dogecoin, DeFi, and NFTs). Most people do that and lose money to people who get early into things. You MUST get early into something before everyone else catches on to become wealthy.
    That's what Privacy Coins are. Only buy Monero right now since it's the most undervalued thing with the most upside potential. Buying Monero now is like buying Bitcoin under $1000.
    Buy low, sell high.

Here's the Daily Stormers official guide to buy Monero. Andrew Anglin has been surviving entirely on Monero for years with the US government and Globohomo trying to track him down and do what they did to cypherpunk Julian Assange.
    https://archive.is/jUoSt
    https://dailystormer.su/support-the-...d-send-monero/

I want to stress this: I bought ALL my Bitcoin and Altcoins A YEAR AGO. That is why I don't recommend people to buy them now. People who bought recently are down a ton due to the recent Bitcoin crash, but I'm still up a ton since I bought in early. Bitcoin could still dump down to $20K with what the charts are saying (it likely would jump straight up from there since it's already crazy oversold.) You're still early on Monero.

If you MUST not get Monero, get Polkadot/Kusama at least. Those are the best plays in the DeFi space.
    What charts are you looking at that shows Monero as being undervalued? I'm watching a Machine Learning bot that's showing Monero has some continued room to drop before it stabilizes for another couple of months with a gradual climb.

Thanks

What charts are you looking at that shows Monero as being undervalued? I'm watching a Machine Learning bot that's showing Monero has some continued room to drop before it stabilizes for another couple of months with a gradual climb.
    It's basically the story. This can't be quantified in charts.

There's trends in crypto with what will be the "next big thing". The video I linked to explains it.

Basically government is quickly realizing they can't ban crypto, so instead they're going to track it, regulate it, and tax the hell out of it.
    People will realize they are in a nightmare scenario with all these blockchains being public. Everyone can see what you're doing.

Once this happens (and it will) people will move to privacy coins. Again, the video explains it:

When I got into Bitcoin in 2011 it had horrible charts. You have to follow the underlining story first, and then make decisions on charts last. All the people who HODLed Bitcoin believed in the STORY. They ignored the charts and all got rich.

If you still want charts, here's the Monero stock to flow:
    https://moneroj.net/sfmodel/

Don't expect Monero to outperform a lot in the next year or so (though it could). This is a long term play. If you want short term gains, stick to Polkadot/Kusama.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (2nd June 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    It's basically the story. This can't be quantified in charts.

There's trends in crypto with what will be the "next big thing". The video I linked to explains it.

Basically government is quickly realizing they can't ban crypto, so instead they're going to track it, regulate it, and tax the hell out of it.
    People will realize they are in a nightmare scenario with all these blockchains being public. Everyone can see what you're doing.

Once this happens (and it will) people will move to privacy coins. Again, the video explains it:

When I got into Bitcoin in 2011 it had horrible charts. You have to follow the underlining story first, and then make decisions on charts last. All the people who HODLed Bitcoin believed in the STORY. They ignored the charts and all got rich.

If you still want charts, here's the Monero stock to flow:
    https://moneroj.net/sfmodel/

Don't expect Monero to outperform a lot in the next year or so (though it could). This is a long term play. If you want short term gains, stick to Polkadot/Monero.
    I agree to a point but using Venezuela as an example, they tried to outlaw crypto as well but couldn't. They couldn't even regulate it let alone tax it. I have my own issues with Bitcoin mostly due to limitations of scale but that is a whole other discussion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (2nd June 2021),Shami-Amourae (2nd June 2021)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Exodus Wallet is a SELF custody wallet; recommended or a Ledger NANO s for an even more secure offline storage COLD wallet
    Crypto? XRP is THE ONE! PERIOD!! It's not even up for discussion.
    Only problem now is that TPTB have CONSTRUCTED a narrative (SEC lawsuit) which conveniently restricts Americans (for now) from buying XRP on an American exchange (except for uphold) but you can buy other on clownbase and then once you have "possession" you can move it to a DEX (decentralized exchange) and swap your trash coin you bought from clownbase to THE ONE, XRP there!
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis