Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retrobrite? Yep

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Retrobrite? Yep

Well, today I just learned you can fix yellowed plastic pretty easily. Used to have to buy all new panels and parts. Not sure how long ago this was figured out but I feel kinda dumb not knowing it.

Looks like you can just stick it in the sun after covered for a few hours too.

https://youtu.be/VU7vXMezW_I

Jackie did it and you know it!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Retrobrite? Yep

Latex and a roller brush works too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Latex and a roller brush works too.
    Yep we did that too lol.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

There's no such thing as a fucking roller brush.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

And... Fuck if there ain't:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover

I know man just saying.

Edit: I LOLed this too long not to edit.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Well for the ignorant non-thinkers, yeah. I know something about the painting trade for over 45 years. No painter tradesman would use a 'roller brush' or be caught dead calling anything a 'roller brush'.

The examples you posted in that link are just examples of someone trying to "build a better mousetrap." To solve what problem I have no clue, probably a made up problem. No self-respecting tradesman would use a 'roller brush' but surely niggers would.

I've only recently encountered someone using the term 'roller brush' and I exclaimed, "WTF are you talking about??!!?!?? It's a ROLLER COVER!!!"

The term 'roller brush' is just another symptom of those who want to destroy the lexicon by niggering it down. With ziero0 being very concerned about words and meanings of words I am shocked that he would be involved with niggering down the lexicon.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

brush (n.1)
    "instrument consisting of flexible material (bristles, hair, etc.) attached to a handle or stock," late 14c., "dust-sweeper, a brush for sweeping," from Old French broisse, broce "a brush" (13c., Modern French brosse), perhaps from Vulgar Latin *bruscia "a bunch of new shoots" (used to sweep away dust), perhaps from Proto-Germanic *bruskaz "underbrush." Compare brush (n.2). As an instrument for applying paint, late 15c.; as an instrument for playing drums, 1927. Meaning "an application of a brush" is from 1822.

A brush is an instrument for applying paint.

roller (n.)
    late 13c., "thing that rolls;" early 15c., "rolling pin," agent noun from roll (v.). Meaning "hair-curler" is attested from 1795. Roller derby is from 1936 (see derby); roller hockey from 1926. Disparaging religious term holy roller is attested from 1842, American English, from the alleged rolling in the church aisles done by those in the Spirit.

A roller as defined is a noun. In the term roller brush roller is used as an adjective. Something that applies paint and rolls.

By contrast a walking brush would be the guy you hire to use a roller brush. He is the instrument applying paint if he incorporates walking in the action.

A handgun (by comparison) is a device a physician uses

A medical device is an instrument, apparatus, implant, machine, tool, in vitro reagent, or similar article that is to diagnose, prevent, mitigate, treat, or cure disease or other conditions, and, unlike a pharmaceutical or biologic, achieves its purpose by physical, structural, or mechanical action

Practicing unlicensed medicine is far more serious than applying paint. Medical devices in the hands of someone irrational and untrained can be dangerous or even deadly.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Well for the ignorant non-thinkers, yeah. I know something about the painting trade for over 45 years. No painter tradesman would use a 'roller brush' or be caught dead calling anything a 'roller brush'.

The examples you posted in that link are just examples of someone trying to "build a better mousetrap." To solve what problem I have no clue, probably a made up problem. No self-respecting tradesman would use a 'roller brush' but surely niggers would.

I've only recently encountered someone using the term 'roller brush' and I exclaimed, "WTF are you talking about??!!?!?? It's a ROLLER COVER!!!"

The term 'roller brush' is just another symptom of those who want to destroy the lexicon by niggering it down. With ziero0 being very concerned about words and meanings of words I am shocked that he would be involved with niggering down the lexicon.
    In my opinion you are certainly correct. You can brush paint on by using a brush or you can roll it on by using a roller. As far as people calling it a 'roller brush' I am certainly not going to get in a twist about it. I would merely point out that they are a Complete Moron for making such an Asinine Error!
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

"I would merely point out that they are a Complete Moron for making such an Asinine Error!"

I too tend to view others in the shadow of the same light they are using to illuminate me.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    "I would merely point out that they are a Complete Moron for making such an Asinine Error!"

I too tend to view others in the shadow of the same light they are using to illuminate me.
    I was of course being sarcastic, as I am constantly making such 'serious' errors in speech.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

11. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (23rd June 2021)