Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Banks Versus Stablecoins

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Re: Central Banks Versus Stablecoins

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Buy USDC on Coinbase. There's no fees when you do this so its basically a free way to get from fiat into crypto. You can then move it to a Metamask wallet and swap it for other things on UniSwap.
    USDC currently earns 0.15% APY and soon will earn 4% APY + usable with a debit/credit card. That card will also let you earn more USDC. Coinbase is effectively a bank, and this is far superior to the 0.01% interest you get at your bank now.
    https://blog.coinbase.com/sign-up-to...e-cdad79e5f5eb
    Nice, thanks for the heads up

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (24th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    You're a kook!
    Going back four months, lumber is down -75%, bitcoin is down -50%
    Gold is up and gold is real money!
    Millennial Air-Head Economics™, Ladies and Gentlemen!
    We need people like you to sell Bitcoin to when it hits $1-Million.

You could have just bought it at $4 when I told you to in 2011. You're so bitter you didn't listen to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

We need people like you to sell Bitcoin to when it hits $1-Million.

You could have just bought it at $4 when I told you to in 2011. You're so bitter you didn't listen to me.
    You are so busy patting yourself on the back that you can't see America is collapsing. Internet/cell service may no longer function reliably in the near future due to electric grid failure, disasters and political unrest.

Guys like you will be mowed down when the riots, revolts and wars begin. Try using and cashing your cryptos when the system breaks. It's coming, there is no doubt!

Not to mention AI and quantum computing will give governments around the world complete control over everything digital.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

New system?

Cons always figure a new way to separate you from your personality.

Crypto is the latest illusion they use.

personalty (n.)
    1540s, a legal term, "personal property" (in distinction from realty), from Anglo-French personaltie (late 15c.), corresponding to French personalite, from Medieval Latin personalitas (see personality).

PERSONALITY. An abstract of personal; as, the action is in the personalty, that is, it is brought against a person for a personal duty which he owes. It also signifies what belongs to the person; as, personal property.

There is no personality in crypto currency nor is there any personality in a FRN. There is no personality in anything purchased with these either.

Isn't this what the communist manifesto presumes to outlaw?

$30,000 for a Bitcoin? If you can't own $1 how does 30,000 FRNs give you more personality? And if you exchange something you don't own for something you CANNOT own how have you bettered your condition?

IT DON'T BELONGA YOU (when English is not understood tribal jingo may be used)

Thanks

FYI, looks like USDC funds can be frozen through a blacklist:

https://support.usdc.circle.com/hc/e...be-blacklisted

So even though the currency itself is backed and stable, there is the risk of being targeted, or potentially some really dumb regulation.

I also read that DAI is backed by 50% USDC. Not sure if the blacklist ability is there or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    FYI, looks like USDC funds can be frozen through a blacklist:

https://support.usdc.circle.com/hc/e...be-blacklisted

So even though the currency itself is backed and stable, there is the risk of being targeted, or potentially some really dumb regulation.

I also read that DAI is backed by 50% USDC. Not sure if the blacklist ability is there or not.
    That's the downside the $USDC. I recommend using a bit of all of them, but use $USDC only if you're planning on paying taxes and not doing shady shit.

For the rest use $DAI.

Paxos does shady shit with Binance, who regulators currently hate, even though Paxos is fully compliant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    You are so busy patting yourself on the back that you can't see America is collapsing. Internet/cell service may no longer function reliably in the near future due to electric grid failure, disasters and political unrest.

Guys like you will be mowed down when the riots, revolts and wars begin. Try using and cashing your cryptos when the system breaks. It's coming, there is no doubt!

Not to mention AI and quantum computing will give governments around the world complete control over everything digital.
    If there's a part 2 to the bull run I plan on cashing out heavily into physical Gold + digital Gold (Pax Gold).
    I'm not anti-Gold, I just understand it's heavily manipulated down. The bankers won't allow the prices to reflect reality to keep the illusion of the Dollar going. I believe that kind of manipulation will happen to Bitcoin too eventually (or already has happened). That's why I believe the next direction is privacy coins. You need to understand Millennials and Zoomers don't view Gold/Silver as viable investments. Literally only Boomers are investing in Gold/Silver anymore. If you remember most of the younger early Crypto people like myself were ALL into Gold/Silver back in 2007-2013, but we switched to Crypto once we discovered it. This caused a split in the Gold/Silver community. This happened to some like Max Keiser, who was 100% into the Buy Silver stuff, but then turned into a Bitcoin Maximalist.

The same thing is happening to the stock market too, as younger people are avoiding it in favor of Crypto. For the value of something to go up over time you need each younger generation to buy into it and that isn't happening. Tell me with a straight face that you believe more Zoomers are buying Gold coins over Dogecoin. (They aren't.)

The winds are changing and trends that have been true for thousands of years will change forever. Corporations and Banks are already adopting Crypto, they won't do Gold/Silver payments, but they will/are doing Crypto.

"Just because people have used horses for thousands of years doesn't mean people will drop them for the automobile." ~People 100 years ago

I already bought myself and my mom each a house in part #1. Fully paid off, no mortgage with plenty of acreage for growing food and animal husbandry deep in Mormon country.

The collapse will take longer than most people imagine, so I think we still have time to prepare, but I'm doing it bit by bit. Doug Casey thinks the US splits in 5 countries or so in 5-10 years. I don't believe in the whole "collapse of civilization" thing. I just believe the US empire will collapse with the Dollar. Potentially like the fall of Rome type thing with a new dark age.
    I've been mastering gardening both indoor and outdoor. I focus heavily into hydroponics since I like automation/technology I can do with it, but you can do it with kratky is the power goes out too. I also think a heavily overlooked prep is canned meat, which I've focused on a lot too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

vacuum (25th July 2021)

Thanks

Congrats on buying the property. Canned butter is another thing to look into.

With the blockstream takeover of Bitcoin, it seems like it’s dying. They have this crappy lighting network that doesn’t really work, and no they aren’t improving the technology at all. It’s getting harder to hold it long term.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (25th July 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Eliminate risk and uncertainty and you eliminate the choice of being wrong!

Cannot that be likened to the difference between drinking stale beer as opposed to carbonated beer? *The savor is in the sparkle. *Remove the risk factor from money and substitute safety instead?

Under these conditions the memories you manufacture achieve the status of a hallucinogenic nightmare.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

If there's a part 2 to the bull run I plan on cashing out heavily into physical Gold + digital Gold (Pax Gold).
    I'm not anti-Gold, I just understand it's heavily manipulated down. The bankers won't allow the prices to reflect reality to keep the illusion of the Dollar going. I believe that kind of manipulation will happen to Bitcoin too eventually (or already has happened). That's why I believe the next direction is privacy coins. You need to understand Millennials and Zoomers don't view Gold/Silver as viable investments. Literally only Boomers are investing in Gold/Silver anymore. If you remember most of the younger early Crypto people like myself were ALL into Gold/Silver back in 2007-2013, but we switched to Crypto once we discovered it. This caused a split in the Gold/Silver community. This happened to some like Max Keiser, who was 100% into the Buy Silver stuff, but then turned into a Bitcoin Maximalist.

The same thing is happening to the stock market too, as younger people are avoiding it in favor of Crypto. For the value of something to go up over time you need each younger generation to buy into it and that isn't happening. Tell me with a straight face that you believe more Zoomers are buying Gold coins over Dogecoin. (They aren't.)

The winds are changing and trends that have been true for thousands of years will change forever. Corporations and Banks are already adopting Crypto, they won't do Gold/Silver payments, but they will/are doing Crypto.

"Just because people have used horses for thousands of years doesn't mean people will drop them for the automobile." ~People 100 years ago

I already bought myself and my mom each a house in part #1. Fully paid off, no mortgage with plenty of acreage for growing food and animal husbandry deep in Mormon country.

The collapse will take longer than most people imagine, so I think we still have time to prepare, but I'm doing it bit by bit. Doug Casey thinks the US splits in 5 countries or so in 5-10 years. I don't believe in the whole "collapse of civilization" thing. I just believe the US empire will collapse with the Dollar. Potentially like the fall of Rome type thing with a new dark age.
    I've been mastering gardening both indoor and outdoor. I focus heavily into hydroponics since I like automation/technology I can do with it, but you can do it with kratky is the power goes out too. I also think a heavily overlooked prep is canned meat, which I've focused on a lot too.
    Look, I don't begrudge you for making a great hit on cryptos, it's the subtle digs you throw at me I hit back for. I've been around many with real money, I've worked for them, I've partied and traveled with them. You learn early, being jealous of others that have so much is a waste of time and does you no good.

I've had a great life, I've worked hard and retired earlier then most, at 54.
    I am rich in ways you will never know. I got to live in one of the greatest periods in history.
    We had real freedom and we saw and lived all the great advancements in autos, media, technology etc.
    I lived the muscle car era, we owned the streets. There will never be a period like that again, ever!

The world was a much better place to live. Even girls/young ladies were different. They respected guys, unlike today's messed up females.
    People were better and not hateful like so many are today, which I attribute that hatred to the internet.

I live in the south now and I will tell you, you will not find more good people then you do here.
    I've lived in CA, OH, FL, AZ and NC and you do not find more genuine caring and helpful people anywhere else, like you do here.

I got to live in a part of history that you will never understand. Your future is one of a Big Brother Police State.
    There will be much suffering coming in the future for society, and you being young, you will get to spend many years in this communist hell evil people have created. If this country survives at all.

You may have hit for a nice sum of money, but I am truly rich!
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!