Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid passports or no access to bank, grocery, schools or even doctors and hospitals

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Re: Covid passports or no access to bank, grocery, schools or even doctors and hospit

Quote Originally Posted by dys View Post
    Is this something they are threatening or did it already happen? If they shut off the grocery stores to non vaccinated, I would think we would have heard about it by now.
    The Philippines are about 7500 separate islands. Guns outlawed but reinstated recently. No one can afford guns. Wifes family from Negross, a small island. You are not going to hear about any shutdowns cause that island is too small. Go Manila or Cebu and might hear something.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Platinum
    Thanks

Re: Covid passports or no access to bank, grocery, schools or even doctors and hospit

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    The Philippines are about 7500 separate islands. Guns outlawed but reinstated recently. No one can afford guns. Wifes family from Negross, a small island. You are not going to hear about any shutdowns cause that island is too small. Go Manila or Cebu and might hear something.
    Thank you. Are the grocery stores literally closed to the un vaxxed in Negross right now, or is it just a threat? Can they do curbside pickup, or are they barred from getting any food whatsoever? Any chance you can get your SIL to do a video and post it?
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dys View Post
    Thank you. Are the grocery stores literally closed to the un vaxxed in Negross right now, or is it just a threat? Can they do curbside pickup, or are they barred from getting any food whatsoever? Any chance you can get your SIL to do a video and post it?
    Copied and forwarded, I also want conformation as I Don't believe fvck unless proven.

Thanks

Dude, I can't understand fuck but this is my wifes reply:

For now its ok but, to go to grocery because they dont have enough vaccine supply yet so its ok.but they really wanted everyone to be vaccinated, when you go to the store you have to sign up for you personal info for contact tracing . And you need to present ids to get it to the establishment, need need travel pass if you go to other city

So much for the expatriot glad I didn't. Back then it was a good place to hang in later years. Not so much now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

monty (27th July 2021)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

"A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (31st July 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

But ... When cops get put at risk they George Floyd you.

Quick review of the Law of Necessity ...

DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE GEORGE FLOYD'D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Sounds as accurate as my wifes sister says. They are OK for now because there is not enough shots to go around. Their .gov has to pay for the shots and whoever wants a shot has to pay to get them. So for now .gov finances are holding things back.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (1st August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Digital Vaccine Passport is Being Quietly Rolled Out and Red States Are Getting Onboard

EDITORS' PICK| Feb 24, 2022, 10:40am EST|

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/4...6cropY2%3D1080
    Suzanne Rowan Kelleher Forbes Staff
    Travel
    I write about travel trends and news you can use.

A national standard for vaccine verifications has been quietly rolling out across the country. (Photo Illustration by Pavlo Gonchar)

SOPA IMAGES/LIGHTROCKET VIA GETTY IMAGES

Even as the omicron variant loosens its grip on the world, destinations continue to require travelers to show proof of vaccination. And, increasingly, a paper CDC vaccination card is not cutting it.

While the United States government has not issued a federal digital vaccine pass, a national standard has nevertheless emerged. To date, 21 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico offer accessibility to the SMART Health Card, a verifiable digital proof of vaccination developed through the Vaccination Credential Initiative

(VCI), a global coalition of public and private stakeholders including Microsoft, Salesforce, Oracle, the Mayo Clinic and other health and tech heavyweights.
    And very soon, at least four more states will be rolling out access to SMART Health Cards. “We've seen a notable uptick in states that have officially launched public portals where individuals can get verifiable vaccination credentials in the form of SMART Health Cards with a QR code,” says Dr. Brian Anderson, co-founder of the VCI and chief digital health physician at MITRE.

https://imageio.forbes.com/specials-...=jpg&width=960

Half of US states either already offer accessibility to SMART Health Cards or have it in the works.
    DATAWRAPPERThere is already an impressively widespread availability of SMART Health Cards in the U.S. More than 200 million Americans can now download, print or store their vaccination records as a QR code. When the QR code is pulled up, only the individual’s name, date of birth and vaccination information is visible. No other medical information or personal data is shared. This code is also digitally signed to ensure that the card was issued from a verified location and to prevent forgery.

SMART Health Cards Ease Travel

For individuals, the benefits of having access to personal digital vaccine record is three-fold. First, it’s a huge plus for travel in the U.S. and abroad.
    Many indoor cultural attractions and performance venues in the U.S. require proof of vaccination. “We believe it gives people peace of mind when the folks around them are unlikely to be contagious,” says Gus Warren, CEO of Bindle, a health verification app that allows venues to verify the vaccination status of patrons.

Bindle’s growing list of clients spans more than 30 states, from blue strongholds like California and New York to red leaners like Texas, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri and Georgia. At the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., for example, there's a Bindle lane that offers fastpass-like efficiency in scanning QR codes from a number of vaccine verification platforms used around the world.

“The SMART Health Card is such an important development and the Vaccine Credential Initiative has been phenomenal in getting this out there,” says Warren, noting that while Bindle recognizes several interoperable standards, the SMART Health Card has emerged as the most important. “Absolutely, it has become the standard across the U.S. and North America.”

“And at an international level, we are continuing to see intense interest in a coordinated international approach,” says Anderson. “And that has not diminished at all. I think quite the opposite.”

To wit: Every Canadian province has now adopted SMART Health Card verification, as has Aruba, the Cayman Islands, Singapore and Japan. And in Africa, the SMART Health Card has rolled out in Kenya and Rwanda, just the first of 32 African countries in the “Smart Africa” alliance to adopt a digital-first approach to healthcare records.

The Case For Red States

The second argument for adopting a digital vaccine verification system is the one swaying red-state governors: Having digital access to personal health records empowers the individual.

More than a dozen states have launched their own SMART Health Card-based portals. At least seven others — including Arizona, Mississippi and West Virginia — have turned to a third-party, MyIRMobile, to issue SMART Health Cards. Minnesota has chosen Docket, another third-party option.

Most right-leaning states offering SMART Health Cards do it quietly, without any fanfare. But big red South Carolina expects to roll out a portal for SMART Health Cards by the end of March, reports Politico.

“This isn’t a passport,” South Carolina’s director of immunizations told Politico. “This is essentially a Covid card that people get at their convenience because it’s their record.”

Utah was one of the first red states to get on the SMART Health Card train. For former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt, a Republican who was the Secretary of Health and Human Services in the George W. Bush administration, the issue boils down to individual rights. “There's always a question about who owns the data and the rights to access that data,” Leavitt said at a recent global forum on SMART Health Cards. “But one thing is unchallengeable. And that is, I own a right to have my own data. And to have it in a form that I can present it conveniently for the kinds of things I want to do.”

“The idea of being able to have trustworthy copies of your own health records is not a red or blue state issue,” echoes Anderson. “ It is an individual empowerment of your own health data. What we're going to see over the next month is a growing number of red states recognizing and appreciating the importance of empowering their individual citizens in their states.”

This Won’t Be The Last Pandemic

Lastly, having a vaccine verification system in place prepares the U.S. for the next coronavirus variant as well as the inevitability of a future pandemic.
    Today the main threat to our health and economy remains the omicron variant, says A
    nderson. “But it's going to be pi in a couple months, and it's going to be the same situation. Yes, we're going to get to an endemic phase of all of this, but that doesn't change the need to continue to protect the citizens of a nation from highly transmissible and communicable diseases.”

“Vaccination verification will be increasingly important at an international level,” Anderson says. “And so if we want to enable all of our citizens from every state to be able to participate in the safe travel across international boundaries and to participate in international commerce, it'd be important for our government officials from every state to enable this.”

Where Else To Get A SMART Health Card

Given the political landscape, Anderson recognizes that some states may never get on board. “We're not going to have all 50 states leveraging this approach,” he says. “But the vast majority of the vaccinated individuals in the US – over 200 million of them – already have the ability right now to go and get one of these credentials.”

That includes anyone vaccinated at any branch of Walmart, Sam’s Club, CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, Costco, Kroger, Rite-Aid or any of the dozens of other companies participating in the retail pharmacy program. To access an electronic version of your vaccination record, log into the online Covid portal of the brand where you got your shots.

And whether your state is red or blue, your healthcare provider is increasingly likely to offer a digital vaccination record. More than 100 major health systems and hospital groups across the country now offer SMART Health Cards to patients. These include Kaiser Permanente, Tenet Health, Scripps Healthcare, Cerner and other healthcare heavy hitters. Big regional healthcare groups in the SMART consortium span the country, from Centra Health in Virginia to UCHealth in Colorado and from CoxHealth in Missouri to SoutheastHEALTH in Alabama and Georgia.

Follow me on LinkedIn. Check out my website. Send me a secure tip.

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (25th February 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

https://youtu.be/SSHlfaJtn1M

One of life's lessons most people forget.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

monty (26th February 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Covid passports AND no access to bank!

reuters.com: China bank protest stopped by health codes turning red, depositors say
    June 16
    A protest planned by hundreds of bank depositors in central China seeking access to their frozen funds has been thwarted because the authorities have turned their health code apps red, several depositors told Reuters.

The depositors were planning to travel to the central province of Henan this week from across China to protest against an almost two-month block on accessing at least $178 million of deposits, which has left companies unable to pay workers and individuals unable to access savings...

Without a green code on their smartphone app, citizens lose access to public transport and spaces such as restaurants and malls, as well as the right to travel across the country.

"They are putting digital handcuffs on us," said a depositor from Sichuan province surnamed Chen, who declined to use his full name for fear of government retribution...

After recent COVID outbreaks, some regions in China have asked travellers to register their plans online.

A man surnamed Liu, who lives in Hubei province, found that his health code turned red on the morning of June 12 after he registered the day before to travel to Henan.

Liu had planned to travel to a protest planned for Monday in the Henan provincial capital Zhengzhou, where he had hoped to get his money back. The protest would have been the latest among numerous such demonstrations in Henan in recent months.

More than 200 depositors were similarly blocked when their health codes turned red, according to members of a WeChat group.

It could not be ascertained if the change in code was intended to block the protesters or for another reason, but three depositors told Reuters they knew people who had registered to travel to Henan, who were not connected to the frozen funds, whose codes did not turn red.

Yu Zhou Xin Min Sheng Village Bank, Shangcai Huimin Country Bank and Zhecheng Huanghuai Community Bank froze deposits on April 18, with all three telling customers they were upgrading internal systems.

Liu, who declined to give his full name for fear of government repercussions, said his child may not be able to go to school if his code does not soon revert to green.

"I can't do anything, I can't go anywhere. You're treated as though you're a criminal. It infringes on my human rights," said Liu.

Wang Qiong, who lives in the central city of Wuhan, found her health code had turned red after she registered to travel to Henan on June 11.

"The police had my identity details from the last time I went to protest in April," said Wang, who said she has lost access to 2.3 million yuan ($341,550).

Other depositors told Reuters they were able to arrive in Zhengzhou by train and car but their codes turned red as soon as they scanned city health codes.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

16. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (4th July 2022)