Thread: water

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,601 Posts

water

Okay, so all the prepper videos I've listened to have always talked about water for prepping, but what does this mean? I have a couple of Berkey's so I can have clean water, but is that enough? Or am I supposed to store water too?

I listen to this channel called Suspicious Observers and it's all about space weather and the 12,000 year catastrophe cycle. Anyway, maybe last month or so, he had a video "A Disaster is Coming" and it's all about the magnetic reversal (apparently, magnetic poles are on the move) and a strong possibility of a solar kill shot to take out the grid (I guess since earth's magnetosphere is weakening, then there is no protection from the sun)

Anyway, in that Disaster video, he talks about what would happen if the grid goes down, and he said no electricity means no water (I totally don't understand how things like electricity and plumbing work), so does that mean we have to have store lots of water? Or are we supposed to get those barrels that you hook up outside to catch the rainwater?

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: water

Water is essential. If you don't have a river or pond or well with a hand pump, you will have to have some stored. Cornelius Kegs work very well and you can pressure close them with CO2. Your local brewing supply store should be able to fix you up for a reasonable price.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (28th July 2021)