Thread: Off-grid survivor arrested! Is self-sufficient living not allowed?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Off-grid survivor arrested! Is self-sufficient living not allowed?

OFF-GRID SURVIVOR ARRESTED! IS SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING NOT ALLOWED?

9:43 video runtime

OFF-GRID SURVIVOR ARRESTED! IS SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING NOT ALLOWED? CAN'T GET MONEY ORDER FROM A TREE
    Aug 11, 2021
    Save
    BULL BOOM - BEAR BUST
    69.9K subscribers
    Is it possible to live off-grid if you have to pay never-ending bills? Can't get a check or money order from a tree...

💰 Got real money? The best place to get Silver and precious metals is SDBullion, this is where I get mine: https://shrsl.com/2zth9 *free shipping with minimum order!
    🎹 🎵 Full versions of the outro songs are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoK_...
    🛑 Buy me a coffee: http://www.paypal.me/bullboombearbust
    🛑 Send support or other mail to me here:
    Jayson Jaws
    PO Box 0862
    Santee, CA 92072

Come back again for the latest economic / financial news, U.S. economy, global economy featuring several reports each week discussing: the stock market, money matters, financial news, housing market report, economic collapse, recession watch, unfolding financial crisis, preparing for the next economic decline, credit cards, banking, lending, interest rates, loans, mortgages, credit scores, and a lot more.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: Off-grid survivor arrested! Is self-sufficient living not allowed?

This wasn't simply just an issue of someone living off grid on his own land. However this elderly gentleman was squatting, which I don't see an issue with if the property owner doesn't mind. In this particular case the property owner did mind and wanted the squatter off his property.

Years ago I helped a friend remove a mentally ill squatter from a property he had just started leasing. It was very unpleasant and again the Sheriff had to be called to carry the squatter off to jail for criminal trespass while we filled a couple of roll off dumpsters with the many years worth of shit he had packed in there. There were literally hundreds of plastic five gallon pails he collected rainwater in.

Again, the issue in the OP was squatting on someone else's property, NOT living off grid.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

3. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

osoab (11th August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Happy ending to the story of River Dave

go to 6:10 to see the happy ending

I posted this story because it seemed to me that someone in the community should have let him live on a part of their own land for free. I am well aware he was breaking the law and the owners of the land, after 27 years of him living peacefully on their land, needed to push him off their land. JJ youtube show host suggested that the government ought to give a small plot of land for these kind of people to live on for completely free, no charge at all. That seems reasonable and goad on the surface but whenever the government starts giving out "free" things, our sovereign republic gets rapidly ruined for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpoOxmbVA-E

CONSUMER SENTIMENT CRASHES, JOBS DISASTER + RIVER DAVE UPDATE, ECONOMIC COLLAPSE NEWS
    Aug 14, 2021
    Save
    BULL BOOM - BEAR BUST
    69.9K subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post

9:43 video runtime

OFF-GRID SURVIVOR ARRESTED! IS SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING NOT ALLOWED? CAN'T GET MONEY ORDER FROM A TREE
    Aug 11, 2021
    Save
    BULL BOOM - BEAR BUST
    69.9K subscribers
    Is it possible to live off-grid if you have to pay never-ending bills? Can't get a check or money order from a tree...

 Got real money? The best place to get Silver and precious metals is SDBullion, this is where I get mine: https://shrsl.com/2zth9 *free shipping with minimum order!
      Full versions of the outro songs are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoK_...
     Buy me a coffee: http://www.paypal.me/bullboombearbust
     Send support or other mail to me here:
    Jayson Jaws
    PO Box 0862
    Santee, CA 92072

Come back again for the latest economic / financial news, U.S. economy, global economy featuring several reports each week discussing: the stock market, money matters, financial news, housing market report, economic collapse, recession watch, unfolding financial crisis, preparing for the next economic decline, credit cards, banking, lending, interest rates, loans, mortgages, credit scores, and a lot more.

Thanks

I know of a fellow locally who was squatting for years on some ranch land in the hill country (a large ranch I just happened to live on over 35 years ago, when this fellow was squatting on that the ranch it had changed hands since I lived there as a caretaker). He was not mentally ill however he was a very hardcore independent fellow who absolutely refused to participate in the beast system, he'd sooner die than do so (he endured a heart attack out there and refused to seek medical attention when it happened). He did have an automobile but no DRIVER LICENSE. He had a small travel trailer he was squatting in, he used solar panels and had to pack in his water. I know the land well there and it's very hard, rough terrain, typical of the hill country. The owners of the ranch at the time were ambivalent about him squatting there until they weren't.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (15th August 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    I know of a fellow locally who was squatting for years on some ranch land in the hill country (a large ranch I just happened to live on over 35 years ago, when this fellow was squatting on that the ranch it had changed hands since I lived there as a caretaker). He was not mentally ill however he was a very hardcore independent fellow who absolutely refused to participate in the beast system, he'd sooner die than do so (he endured a heart attack out there and refused to seek medical attention when it happened). He did have an automobile but no DRIVER LICENSE. He had a small travel trailer he was squatting in, he used solar panels and had to pack in his water. I know the land well there and it's very hard, rough terrain, typical of the hill country. The owners of the ranch at the time were ambivalent about him squatting there until they weren't.
    Further info: long story but some asshole set this fellow up for capture by state agents (SOME people get very jealous of those who are totally free). He spent SIX weeks in county jail without ever seeing a magistrate (in ultra liberal Travis County). Then one day when an assistant county attorney was interviewing him it came to light that this fellow was COMPLETELY off-grid, i.e. with NO utility easement, and at that point the assistant county attorney leaned back in her chair and said, "I think I can get you off on this." Within 24 hours he was out of jail and he never saw a magistrate. So apparently the key is not having any utility easements.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

"He spent SIX weeks in county jail without ever seeing a magistrate ... it came to light that this fellow was COMPLETELY off-grid"

It's a question of status.

The first night in jail he was a stranger.

The second night he became a guest.

Successive nights his status became aghenhine or, as far as I can decipher, a member of the household.

Yes you can be a member of a household called a jail. Or you might avoid this trust relationship by not accepting the hospitality of the jail. I suspect if he had turned down the hot dogs and beans he woulda been cut loose in 72 hours

You have to understand that your behaviour is what gets you into deep Kim Chee.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (16th August 2021)