Thread: Is this a joke??

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,602 Posts

Is this a joke??

I just found this over at Rense--I'm assuming this is some kind of joke, as in the person writing it figured that nobody actually reads this crap and inserted it as a joke.

From Rense:

Amazon's Updated Terms Of Service Still
    Show Their Zombie Apocalypse Provision
    In The Company's Sept 2, 2021 Update

42.10. Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat.
    However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.

Don't believe it?

Go here: https://aws.amazon.com/ service-terms/

See Section 42.10

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Is this a joke??

Seems reasonable to me.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

They’re simply relying on official policy for the last ten years -

https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthma...ie-apocalypse/
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

What's so unusual. I have been talking to the undead for years. Occasionally I am noticed and they answer. But never with anything that matters to the living.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

So avoid mouth breathers and mouth droolers. Check!
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    What's so unusual. I have been talking to the undead for years. Occasionally I am noticed and they answer. But never with anything that matters to the living.
    What is the definition again?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    What is the definition again?
    Not complicated. They can be found mostly in Walmart and Australia.