Thread: Eruv

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Eruv

er·uv
    /ˌero͝ov/
    nounJUDAISM
    an urban area enclosed by a wire boundary which symbolically extends the private domain of Jewish households into public areas, permitting activities within it that are normally forbidden in public on the Sabbath.
    I am always interested in extending my PRIVATE DOMAIN into PUBLIC areas. I just don't want PUBLIC areas intruding into my PRIVATE DOMAIN. That includes demands for documents, jabs with needles, dress codes that demand masks, shirts or shoes. An ERUV sounds like an excellent idea.

Take a piece of copper wire and insert it into your fedoras sweat band. Assert your inner Hebrew ERUV and remain PRIVATE.

It is a religious thing after all and must be recognized because they have one around Manhattan and Washington D.C.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (10th September 2021),osoab (10th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: Eruv

So that explains the fences in DC.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Eruv

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    So that explains the fences in DC.
    The Strasbourg eruv includes the European Court of Human Rights.” Eruvs can also be found in and around other large global cities including Amsterdam, Manchester, London, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Gibraltar, Venice, and Vienna.