Thread: leader of New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, announced her resignation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

leader of New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, announced her resignation

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/aust...n-resigns.html

Leader of Australia’s most populous state resigns as corruption watchdog launches investigation

Published Fri, Oct 1 20212:01 AM EDT
    Saheli Roy Choudhury
    @sahelirc
    Key Points

The leader of New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, announced her resignation on Friday after the state’s corruption watchdog said it was investigating her.
    She said her resignation will take effect as soon as the state’s Liberal party can elect a new leader.
    The New South Wales Independent Commission Against Corruption said it was investigating whether some of Berejiklian’s actions between 2012 and 2018 may have breached public trust.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian speaks during a press conference on October 1, 2021 in Sydney, Australia.
    Bianca De Marchi | Getty Images

The leader of New South Wales — Australia’s most populous state — announced her resignation Friday after the state’s corruption watchdog said it was investigating her.

“It pains me to announce that I have no option but to resign from the office of premier,” Gladys Berejiklian said a briefing where she did not take questions from reporters.

She said her resignation will take effect as soon as the state’s Liberal party can elect a new leader.

“In order to allow the new leader and government a fresh start, I will also resign from the New South Wales parliament once I have consulted the electoral commission on appropriate timing for a by-election,” Berejiklian added.

The investigation heightens scrutiny on Berejiklian, who had faced mounting criticism over her government’s handling of the Covid-19 crisis in New South Wales.
    What happened?

The New South Wales Independent Commission Against Corruption said it was investigating whether some of Berejiklian’s actions between 2012 and 2018 may have breached public trust. It said it was looking into instances where grants were awarded or promised to community organizations in the electorate of Wagga Wagga.

In a public inquiry scheduled for Oct. 18, the commission will examine whether there was a conflict between Berejiklian’s public duties and private interests. At the time, Berejiklian was in a secret relationship with state legislator Daryl Maguire, who was then member of parliament for Wagga Wagga.

Local media reports said Berejiklian had confirmed her relationship with Maguire during an ICAC hearing last year.

The ICAC is also looking into whether Maguire, who resigned from parliament in 2018, breached public trust by using his public office to improperly gain a benefit for himself and his associates.

Berejiklian described the issues under investigation as “historic matters,” and said the ICAC announcement left her with no choice but to resign since the state needs certainty in challenging times like the pandemic.

“I state categorically, I have always acted with the highest level of integrity,” she said.

“My resignation as premier could not occur at a worse time but the timing is completely outside of my control as the ICAC has chosen to take this action during the most challenging weeks of the most challenging time in the state’s history,” she said.

“Resigning at this time is against every instinct in my being and something which I do not want to do,” she added.
    Australia’s Covid situation

New South Wales has more than 10,000 active Covid cases, second only to the state of Victoria, government data showed.

State restrictions led to anti-lockdown protests in major cities like Sydney and Melbourne where the police clashed with thousands of protestors.

Both New South Wales and Victoria have announced plans to loosen some restrictions once 70% of their populations are fully vaccinated. Both states are reportedly projected to achieve that figure this month.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Re: leader of New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, announced her resignation

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ejiklian-quits

NSW deputy premier John Barilaro resigns from politics days after Berejiklian quits
    2021/oct/04

Announcing his decision at a press conference on Monday, he also refused to directly answer questions about whether he was under investigation by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

“If that was the case, I wouldn’t be allowed to comment anyway,” he said. “As I said, I just don’t make any comments around the Icac. The weeks, the months ahead, let’s see what occurs. Today I have decided to go on my accord.”

It has been reported that Barilaro has been subpoenaed to give evidence to Icac in relation to the current investigation involving Gladys Berejiklian, which prompted her shock resignation as premier last Friday.

The Icac issued a statement that it was investigating whether the premier had breached her public duty in awarding two grants to the seat of Wagga Wagga. At the time she was in a secret relationship with the local MP Daryl Maguire, who has admitted to Icac in earlier hearings that he used his public office for personal gain. He has since resigned.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...cid=uxbndlbing

msn.com: Shock twist in Gladys Berejiklian's resignation amid corruption probe
    12 hrs ago

The Australian Clay Target Association (ACTA) had been applying 'for a period of over four years', but had faced 'repeated rejections', when the $5.5 million grant was approved under Premier Berejiklian in August 2017, official club documents state.

It can also be exclusively revealed that, according to official gun club records, the deal 'would never have been possible' without Daryl Maguire, the local NSW Liberal MP the time...

Maguire, who had been the NSW MP for Wagga Wagga for 19 years, was forced to resign from government in April 2018 after an earlier ICAC investigation into the then NSW Canterbury Council.

That investigation, called Operation Delta, revealed Maguire had allegedly sought secret kickbacks from a major Chinese property developer.

Late last year, in a fresh investigation into Maguire's alleged secretive business dealings - code-named Operation Keppel - it emerged that Maguire had been in a secret 'romantic relationship' with Berejiklian, from at least 2015, until August last year.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Clive Palmer is basically an Australian Trump

cairnsews.org: Palmer exposes corrupt big pharma politics and blackmail in NSW

Sep 15
    CLIVE Palmer has exposed the corrupt role of big pharma companies Pfizer and AstraZeneca behind Gladys Berejiklian’s frantic push for vaccines in NSW.

In a press conference on Tuesday Palmer dropped a bomb on the NSW Liberals and the corrupt role of a political lobbyist being paid tens of millions of dollars by Pfizer and Astra Zeneca. The same lobbyist, says Palmer, controls the Liberal Party in Sydney and is using the threat of the Independent Commission Against Corruption’s (ICAC) inquiries into Gladys Berejiklian to pull her strings and push the vaccines.

Media and mainstream parties are in a panic, trying to cover up the mounting scandal by attacking Palmer, whose United Australia Party is about to become the biggest political party in Australia by membership.

Palmer also accused the head of the TGA Prof. John Skerrit, as the chief regulator of drugs in Australia, of being in a “serious conflict of interest” by going on television in a white coat promoting vaccines threatening media owners with withdrawal of advertising if they published stories contrary to government vaccine policy.

Palmer dropped the bomb when a jabbering journalist tried to push the NSW government’s lies about 1600 “cases” and that people really were dying from COVID-19 and the only way out for locked-down small businesses in NSW was for most of the population to get a double jab. “They can’t open their businesses because the premier’s telling them the only way out is a double jab and that’s what they’re being told,” said the journo.

“I’d say the premier is lying to them,” Palmer shot back. “And I’d say that she’s under an ICAC inquiry, but a particular lobbyist in Sydney controls the Liberal Party in Sydney and told her the only way she gets out of that inquiry is if she pushes the double jab, and his clients are Astra Zeneca and his clients are Pfizer.”
    "Blackmail is the act of attempting to force someone to do something or give up something valuable by threatening negative consequences if they don't"

Reuter's fact check of the allegation of blackmail is to ignore the concept of blackmail. lol

Reuters: Fact Check-Investigation of former Australian state premier concerns matters predating pandemic, are unrelated to vaccine rollout
    October 8, 2021
    Social media users have claimed that the former premier of Australia’s New South Wales (NSW) state resigned after an investigation that found drugmakers paid millions to push through COVID-19 vaccine policy.

While it is true that Gladys Berejiklian is under investigation, it is for matters unrelated to the vaccine rollout.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (11th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Could we fact check that the Rothschild Cabal owns Reuters?