Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forbes: Gold headed to $3,000

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,859 Times in 7,915 Posts

Forbes: Gold headed to $3,000

Tell us something we didn't already know.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investo...h=6cd6dc68483f
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Forbes: Gold headed to $3,000

Gold headed to $10,000. Silver will surpass $100.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Ares (8th March 2022),midnight rambler (7th March 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Gas heads to $9. Coffee to $7.

The common denominator is the (perceived) value of a fiat dollar.

Nothing divided by zero asymptotically approaches either infinity or nothing ...your choice.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

Ares (8th March 2022),osoab (8th March 2022)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,859 Times in 7,915 Posts

How long do you think the yellow metal will level off at $10K? I submit once it goes it's going for good. And I also submit I think you're being bearish on the white metal as well, JMO.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

mamboni (8th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    How long do you think the yellow metal will level off at $10K? I submit once it goes it's going for good. And I also submit I think you're being bearish on the white metal as well, JMO.
    Ultimately, gold and silver will become unobtainium once the gold price surpasses $5000 and silver surpasses $100. At that point the dollar will be in accelerating hyperinflation. No one will want dollars. Gold and silver will not be sold for paper fiat. They will be used as money to buy commodities and hard assets such as land, equipment, tools etc.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Ares (8th March 2022),ImaCannin (8th March 2022),midnight rambler (8th March 2022),osoab (8th March 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Gold/silver has a value largely symbolic. They represent the substance in a contract and as such accessibility to Law. No substance? Welcome to Equity. Equity is female law. It is largely why the woman gets the house and kids in a divorce.

In female law the female wins.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th March 2022),monty (8th March 2022),osoab (8th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Ultimately, gold and silver will become unobtainium once the gold price surpasses $5000 and silver surpasses $100. At that point the dollar will be in accelerating hyperinflation. No one will want dollars. Gold and silver will not be sold for paper fiat. They will be used as money to buy commodities and hard assets such as land, equipment, tools etc.
    Crypto's will likely play their part. I agree that Gold and Silver will be used as a proverbial safe haven to store wealth while cryptos may be used for every day transactions for a couple of reasons. 1.) If the wallet is encrypted, it can't be stolen while gold / silver can. Lets be honest in the world we see coming desperate people do desperate things and theft is only going to skyrocket. 2.) Crypto is easier to carry and easily divisible.

Gold and Silver are money and always will be, but cryptos are much easier to deal with and handle than precious metals. As an example, would I pay with gold or silver for a track of land if the guy who is selling will accept crypto? I'd pay with crypto and keep my appreciating asset until a new more honest monetary system gets implemented.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th March 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    1.) If the wallet is encrypted, it can't be stolen while gold / silver can. Lets be honest in the world we see coming desperate people do desperate things and theft is only going to skyrocket. 2.) Crypto is easier to carry and easily divisible.
    Uncle Klaus Schwab keeps talking about a cyber attack. If the power company or internet goes down, how will one get his digital money?

CURIOUS MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
    To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ImaCannin For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCannin View Post
    Uncle Klaus Schwab keeps talking about a cyber attack. If the power company or internet goes down, how will one get his digital money?

CURIOUS MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
    The power outage or internet outage would have to be global. The problem with a decentralized system such as crypto currencies as you can't take down a single city, state, or nation and expect to hinder crypto.

Crypto wallets do NOT use DNS it uses node (wallet) discovery within its own protocol / network and looks for other nodes on the internet via IP address. So crypto currencies would be unaffected by even a DNS outage (minus hot wallets that are used on mobile devices so as to not have to store the entire blockchain). Decentralized Exchanges would be even less affected by it as long as a single node is online somewhere in the world you can have propagation of transactions.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Crypto's will likely play their part. I agree that Gold and Silver will be used as a proverbial safe haven to store wealth while cryptos may be used for every day transactions for a couple of reasons. 1.) If the wallet is encrypted, it can't be stolen while gold / silver can. Lets be honest in the world we see coming desperate people do desperate things and theft is only going to skyrocket. 2.) Crypto is easier to carry and easily divisible.

Gold and Silver are money and always will be, but cryptos are much easier to deal with and handle than precious metals. As an example, would I pay with gold or silver for a track of land if the guy who is selling will accept crypto? I'd pay with crypto and keep my appreciating asset until a new more honest monetary system gets implemented.
    "If the wallet is encrypted, it can't be stolen"
    I disagree, anything can be stolen. If a robber put a gun to your child's head and told you to hand over your cryptos, you would do so stat!
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!