Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Bothers Me

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

What Bothers Me

Say you are the Master of Ceremonies at the academy awards. You have a mike connected to a state of the art PA system.

Someone comes on stage and socks you.

Wouldn't you think the sound of palm on face create a sharp sound? After all the mike is right there and capable of relaying your voice. Why wouldn't it pick up the sound of the battery?

I think both participants are actors. And i haven't seen a creditable photo of a battery actually occurring.

Now the question is why? Why create such an elaborate deception? Who really cares anyway? Does this advance the profession of actor? Or just prove you can fool anyone at any time?

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: What Bothers Me

It looked real to me. I did hear a noise when he hit him. I only watched it once though. To my way of thinking, Will Smith degraded his reputation and showed himself to be less of a man by his actions. Nobody would purposefully damage their standing, seems to me. Naw, he went off and went apeshit.

ETA: They are both actors though.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (2nd April 2022),ziero0 (2nd April 2022)

Palladium
    Thanks

Should of just thrown feces at him.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

There could be some noise filtering that filters or anything that isn’t voice speech. Real time noise filtering tech exists now. Skype can filter out background noise for example.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    There could be some noise filtering that filters or anything that isn’t voice speech. Real time noise filtering tech exists now. Skype can filter out background noise for example.
    I'm not saying it wasn't staged, but if it was, wouldn't they have added some sound effects? So if it was staged, then likely the sound would have been quite apparent.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I'm not saying it wasn't staged, but if it was, wouldn't they have added some sound effects? So if it was staged, then likely the sound would have been quite apparent.
    Two people can keep a secret if one is dead.

Bring a sound engineer into the mix and you might was well publicize the details.

Also live and on stage there would be no do overs. The engineer hits the button even slightly before or after the event and the charade falls apart. And no practice session.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I worked as a PA engineer at basketball games and wrestling meets. The PA system shifted everything by 4 hz so that feedback to the mike would not cause those horrible screeches. This frequency shift made it hard for bands to perform though.

Likely there is filtering to prevent crowd noise but if there is a separate crowd noise mike would be used to cancel background noise. It wouldn't be effective in cancelling noise like a fist hitting flesh at the performers mike.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

vacuum (3rd April 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

A gala event celebrating which actor takes home the top prize. Two actors stage an event that display their right to be considered the top actor.

Who makes a joke about a bald lady? Who makes a joke about a medical condition few people have heard of? Who takes anything a comedian says seriously?

It was all an act. Prearranged.

And here is the kicker:

IT WAS ON TV!!

Everything shown on TV is an act. There is nothing REAL there.

Actors (and politicians) are little fish most comfortable swimming in a sea I call Deception.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

woodman (3rd April 2022)

Thanks

It’s something to do with public humiliation. Kind of like when Kanye west jumped on stage and told Taylor Twit she did not deserve her award.
    To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Violence is in their genes, nigs gonna nog.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger