Thread: RIP Mickey Gilley dead at 86

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

RIP Mickey Gilley dead at 86

by RTM Staff

May 7, 2022

Country music legend Mickey Gilley has died at 86.

ADVERTISEMENTS

ON
    OFF
    Pasadena, Texas Mayor Jeff Wagner announced the news via Facebook and Saturday and called the star a “true legend”.
    Advertisements

“Pasadena has lost a true legend,” his statement began. “Mickey Gilley passed away today, surrounded by his loved ones.”

“It was my great honor to know this man most of my life. Mickey was a true musical talent who charted 42 singles in the Top 40 Country Charts over a span of two decades. His talent and larger-than-life personality helped ignite a new interest in country music as he introduced the world to Pasadena through his dance hall and “Urban Cowboy” in 1980. We were so honored to have Mickey perform at our State of the City in February, 2020. Our prayers for comfort and peace are with Mickey’s family, his loved ones and his fans.”

It’s unclear what Gilley’s cause of death is, but just a week ago, he shared on his Facebook page that he had to cancel upcoming shows due to health concerns.

Advertisements

TRENDING TODAY

Police Seize Voting Machine During Investigation Into 2020 Election Breaches

Here’s the Profane Password Hunter Biden Reportedly Used for Laptop

“The last couple of weeks, my energy level and some health issues kept me from being 100% at my shows. So, I’ve been seeking doctors to get me back on track,” Gilley shared. “I certainly don’t like to cancel at the last minute, but unfortunately I had to make the late decision this weekend.”

Gilley is most widely known for adding a more pop-friendly flare to country music in the 1980s.

This story originally appeared on Fox News.assed away with his family around him at 86

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (9th May 2022),Tumbleweed (7th May 2022)