Thread: Funny ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,834 Posts

Funny ?

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/a...m_source=email

AT&T phone reps are required to be vaccinated even though they work from home

I talked to an AT&T phone rep who has been working from home since March 2020. AT&T requires all such workers who work exclusively at home (and are never in the office) to be fully vaccinated.

Steve Kirsch
    33 min ago August 16 2022

If you are an AT&T phone rep who has been working from home since the start of the pandemic, AT&T requires you to be fully vaccinated to continue your employment (religious or medical exemptions are available).

Also, the union sided with the company in requiring vaccination for employees who work 100% at home.

The only possible explanation for such a requirement is that AT&T believes that the virus can be transmitted over the phone lines.

I would love to see that data on that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,449 Times in 3,076 Posts

Re: Funny ?

The preposterous is never funny.

Slightly off topic. Most .gov/institutional offices are still "work from home" in my area.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken