Thread: Words & Bricks

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Words & Bricks

Take climate change (please). You see it is by definition a word construction. A word construction is a phrase that has a different definition from the words that are used. Like a brick can be used to construct a church or a bordello. A single word is an element used in a word construction but loses its individual meaning.

Climate is the angle suns rays strike the earth. It changes with the seasons. You would think climate change then would simply be seasons following one another. WRONG!

Climate change is man's effect on weather. So without man there is no climate change. With man and he is 100% responsible for all climate change.

So let's create a word construction from scratch as an example. We will use the words "short" and "brief" where short means truncated and brief means a paragraph used to summarize.

Ready for this, kids?

I am going to define the word construction "short brief" to mean any summary written that includes all words available in the English language and in size comparable with the Encyclopedia Britannica.

And now when I mention when I will send you a short brief be prepared for a lot of reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (1st October 2022)