Thread: Oooops

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Oooops

Sovereign, noun. One who experiences someone grabbing his right hand with both of theirs while reciting an oath:

"I, William, Prince of Wales, pledge my loyalty to you, and faith and truth I will bear unto you, as your liege man of life and limb. So help me God,"

In the Roman law, there is no conception of legal age for the majority: the young people stay under the authority of the pater familias (father of the family) until the death of the father. If the father is dead: the boy becomes a pupil and has a specific juridical status until his 25 years.

Charles is still alive (in all appearances) so William would seem to be still under the control of Father.

Meanwhile William, son of King Charles III, was made Prince of Wales on 9 September 2022. There are no plans for a formal investiture, with an emphasis instead on "deepening the trust and respect of the people of Wales."

The old Chicken or Egg magic trick. Charles had to be sovereign to make William Prince of Wales. William (as Prince of Wales) was necessary to make Charles sovereign. William (as son) lacks the independence to articulate a meaningful oath.

But it was a nice show anyway.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Oooops

In a connected topic consider sovereign citizen (an oxymoron).

A citizen is an element of a municipality. They occasionally hold conferences and elect officers to represent the city.

A sovereign is
    Sovereign, noun. One who experiences someone grabbing his right hand with both of theirs while reciting an oath (as previously mentioned).

The citizen selects his leader. The sovereign selects his subject(s). So wouldn't it appear that the only sovereign citizen is one who can kneel in front of himself while holding his right hand in both his left and right hand while giving himself an oath to protect his own life and limb? Picasso might be able to pull off such an image or a Siamese twin with at least three hands. Otherwise it is much simpler to recognize the impossible and just recognize that anyone who brings a sovereign citizen charge against another is just a loony in search of a rubber room.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (7th May 2023)