Thread: (Alt) (Ctrl) (Del)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,144 Posts

(Alt) (Ctrl) (Del)

Economy crashes = (alt)(Ctrl)(del)

Don't you guys ever reboot your computer? Seems like when I do I lose programs that bog the system down and it comes back running better for a bit.

In repairing CNC machines I didn't ever waste much time trying to analyze the WHY. I would simply reboot, wait for the system software to reload thru mylar punched hole tape and 9 times out of 10 everything would work.

On the other hand I used to work with guys who believed their purpose on Earth was to analyze, modify and find out WHY. At $500 bux a day they usually didn't get asked back. They weren't lazy like me. Today I would refer to these people as Liberal or Democrats.

Biden needs an (alt)(Ctrl)(del) button all his own.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Re: (Alt) (Ctrl) (Del)

When Biden took office he implemented (alt)(Ctrl)(del). When the next guy takes office his first official act will be (alt)(Ctrl)(del).

The programs you like may not be the ones on the Master Boot List. It might even be a completely different operating system. Credit cards might not work. IRS may be permanently deleted. Maybe barb wire detention centers will materialize for the homeless. Maybe no gas or the price will be so high a bottle of 12 year old Scotch will be cheaper. Woks may be outlawed in Chinese restaurant.

The point is someone will have an opinion on how you should live. The new system will be called "the law" for sure.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,662 Times in 3,220 Posts

Apparently I am doing it wrong.

I use [CTRL] [ALT] [DEL].

Each "administration" may do a small c/a/d from the previous office holder, but it is not big enough to reboot the entire complex.
    I think an entire change of hardware and software would be required. Well, isn't that the "fireworks".
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

4. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (11th January 2024)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

There are no small or partial reboots. John the Baptist immersed the whole body or none at all. The COVID vaccine involves the entire body or none of the body. Gay legislation acts on everyone.

It is somewhat interesting to review history in terms of a 'reboot' with an operating system change. The 14th amendment was such a major reboot event that it can also be viewed as a complete hardware makeover included. The great Depression? Part of the hardware was eliminated with a corresponding change in operating system. Pearl Harbor? Perhaps this might be viewed as official notice from the Japanese that they needed help rebooting.