Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Bought a boat load of silver maples today - caught the bottom too! I’ve been siting on cash waiting for this
    market crash. If the pms drop further I will buy more silver and platinum. These two are outstanding bargains. Palladium has further to fall. Of course gold is always a buy because in the long run it is going much much higher. Silver is my spec play. But a drop down to $14 not impossible. Major deflation ahead.
    Platinum sure looks like a bargain. Looks like it hasn't been this low in dollar terms since '03. Taking inflation into account it is even more dramatic.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Platinum sure looks like a bargain. Looks like it hasn't been this low in dollar terms since '03. Taking inflation into account it is even more dramatic.
    Platinum is selling for less than cost of production. So if one has a long term investment horizon he can't lose buying Pt at these prices. But Pt could go lower short term. If Pt drops further I will buy more. I'm retired and I'm trying to protect my nest egg which is 45 percent in cash. Cash is king now and will be for the next few weeks or months. But long term the US dollar is dead currency walking I need to convert dollars into assets that will survive through the coming collapse and monetary reset. I only trust physical PMs at this point. Real estate has two problems: it can and will drop in price and it will be taxed heavily to pay for the government largesse that is coming. Stocks are now in a bear market and will be for years to come IMHO. I don't consider cryptocurrencies a safe option for wealth preservation. Foreign currencies are worse trash than the US dollar. Going forward I think the only viable investments are PMs. a cash business, self-improvement, and useful tangibles such as guns, ammo, food and supplies, tools etc.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

woodman (12th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Bitcoin $4,700. Wow, what a plunge!
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Palladium moving back up on confidence I guess.
    "What Difference, at this time, does it make?"

"What is 'is'?"

"Because you'd be in jail"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Right now Pd 2249 Ag 14.01 ratio is at 160.51
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 4,634 Times in 3,208 Posts

Broke $3000 frns.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

8. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

PatColo (30th April 2021)

Thanks

So I sold my 1.5 t oz Pd today, got $3,051 for it… Now it will probably take off and reach $10k/oz in a couple of months…
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

osoab (6th March 2022)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    So I sold my 1.5 t oz Pd today, got $3,051 for it… Now it will probably take off and reach $10k/oz in a couple of months…
    Mathematically speaking average is a market goal that is attainable consistently.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Just curious; Factoring in inflation from the time you purchased until the sale did you make a profit? I am not selling mine.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Just curious; Factoring in inflation from the time you purchased until the sale did you make a profit? I am not selling mine.
    I think I did ok it was up +550% from the price I payed 13-14 years ago and what I got yesterday. I think it would have been closer to 800% price increase if one takes into account the premiums when buying and selling, but the dealer has to make a profit too… I would have kept it longer, but I am going to Mexico next week for a 5 week holiday. Normally I would earn enough this week to pay for it, but there was a snow storm here and for 4 days I lost 70% of my normal earnings, so I sold to make up for the difference…

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

monty (27th January 2022),osoab (6th March 2022)